Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Make you think twice about buying a demo JEEP

From Perth, I'd say 2 people will be looking for a new job.

TWO car yard staff "racing" the company's new 4WDs were among drivers charged with reckless driving in a hoon-car seizure of 17 cars overnight.

A teenager who gained his licence only eight hours earler was also among those who had their car impounded. And a 28-year-old driver, who failed a breath test, was clocked at 214km in a 110km/h zone while another man was clocked doing 135km/h in a 60 zone..

The northern-suburbs dealership staff - a 23-year-old woman and a 26-year-old man - were both allegedly driving at 147kmh on Whitfords Ave, Kingsley, at 8pm last night.

"They were racing each other,'' a police spokeswoman said.

They had permission to take the new Jeep 4WDs, each costing about $75,000, home for the weekend, it is understood.

The 4WDs were siezed and the drivers charged with reckless driving to appear in Joondalup Magistrate's Court in August.

The 17-year-old P-plate driver got his licence just after 1pm on Friday.

Police saw him drive a Holden Commodore from the McDonald's restaurant on Marmion Ave, Currambine, at about 9.30pm.

The vehicle then did a burnout, it is alleged.

It was impounded for 48 hours.

Northern suburb vehicle confiscations continued when a 24-year-old Clarkson man was caught allegedly doing 180kmh in his girlfriend's Mitsubishi Magna in the Mitchell Fwy, Woodvale at about 2am.

The man did not have a licence.

"He said he was trying to get home,'' Sgt Gavin Thobaven said.

In the southern suburbs, a 28-year-old Mandurah man was caught travelling at 214km/h in a Subaru Impreza-model sportscar on the Kiwnana Fwy in Bull Creek at 10.55pm on Friday.

He had four passengers in the car while allegedly drink driving at more than twice the freeway's 100kmh limit.

A Gosnells 17-year-old P-plater, with three young women in the car, was allegedly doing 135kmh on the 60km/h Warton Rd, Huntingdale, at 9.15pm.

The driver will be summonsed to appear at the Children's Court next month on a reckless driving charge.

Old 24-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Yeah I have heard a few stories from people at various ford dealerships/service departments that have bragged about taking various FPV and Turbo models for drives..
Old 24-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
black.canman
Starter Motor

bloody hell thats crazy over the dunes
black.canman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.canman
bloody hell thats crazy over the dunes

I'll say! those jeeps aren't meant to go off road you know!
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
I'll say! those jeeps aren't meant to go off road you know!
Yeh well they dont go that well on road either...
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
yabby6
The Convert

Dunes? Off road? Where is this mentioned..
Old 25-05-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"It's a JEEP thing......you wouldn't understand"

Pair of clowns, hope the cops crush em.....the cars too!!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How fast does a demo BF2 F6 go? 158 is a 80 zone.

Demo taker does not need a car for a while now........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Better be careful which dealer you buy cars off now lol!
Old 25-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #10
BTTB
Free XD

Yep when I was selling cars I had two tradies that used a V6 Navara as their work hack...

decide that they wanted to test drive and treat a V6 Rodeo as a Go-Kart !!!
travelling well in excess of the posted speed limit, we eventuallly came to a RED light...

where I leaned over and removed the keys from the ignition...

And told them to get the F#€& out !

they had a nice 5km walk back to the dealership
BTTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #11
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

you think demos dont cop a hard time not only by staff but by general public? some people are living a shelterd life.

as for getting caught racing ouch... i cant belive the police have the power to impound a car thats not the person driving, to me that is blantant stupidity, if you speed your treated worse than a rapist FFS.

P plater doing a burnout, meah.. when we were all P platers who didnt try and turn the tyres, its been going on since my old man was a 17yo and nothing has changed, just the amount of media beat up from the do gooders in society who are out to save ourselfs from ourselfs.

the only one in there that deserved a mention for wanting to die was the dick in the subaru drink driving and doubleing the speed limit! .

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #12
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

they were proberly just blowng the cob web out of the jeeps, They were proberly been sitting their for a while ! or iam suprised that they didnt catch on fire !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
you think demos dont cop a hard time not only by staff but by general public? some people are living a shelterd life.

as for getting caught racing ouch... i cant belive the police have the power to impound a car thats not the person driving, to me that is blantant stupidity, if you speed your treated worse than a rapist FFS.

P plater doing a burnout, meah.. when we were all P platers who didnt try and turn the tyres, its been going on since my old man was a 17yo and nothing has changed, just the amount of media beat up from the do gooders in society who are out to save ourselfs from ourselfs.

the only one in there that deserved a mention for wanting to die was the dick in the subaru drink driving and doubleing the speed limit! .
Agreed 100%

Hell i'd turned the tyres within an hour of getting my license and people i have spoken too both young and older haven't been any different.

Drink driving with 4 passengers travelling at 200km/h+ is just blatant stupidity though
Old 25-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #14
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not just jeep. A mate of mine worked for a sydney lexus dealer ship, was a 2nd year apprentice. They let him take cars home drive em around etc etc. He never damaged them of course, was always careful but i did hear a story from them coming back from the beach on a 35deg day 2 years ago in summer. 5 in the car, jumped straight into the car after its been sitting in the sun for a few hours. they turned the heat up 100% and full blast. They had a sauna in the car on the way home but apparently felt really good afterward lol.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #15
BHDOGS
Banned

The p plater had chicks in teh car and was showing off and the magna driver had to get home whats the problem? lmfao
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post