Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Speed Camera operator attacked with used syringe..

I just heard on the news that a speed camera operator in Victoria was stabbed this afternoon with a used syringe while setting up the camera... What is the world coming to..?

Old 21-05-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...182884575.html
Poor bloke was just doing his job.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 21-05-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Kil4Collingwood

I can understand people getting upset, but c'mon attacking the operator especially in this way gotta feel for the poor guy would rather have been stabbed with a rusty knife than a syringe now the poor bloke has to wait on tests, the stress of it all and to top it off he probably has a wife and kids.
Poor bloke.
Old 21-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate speed camera's as much as the next bloke, but that is disgusting.
Old 21-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Poor bugger!, no one deserves this!
Old 21-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

Scummy pieces of S*** i cant stand people that do this kind of thing
Old 21-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil4Collingwood
I can understand people getting upset, but c'mon attacking the operator especially in this way gotta feel for the poor guy would rather have been stabbed with a rusty knife than a syringe now the poor bloke has to wait on tests, the stress of it all and to top it off he probably has a wife and kids.
Poor bloke.

to top it all off i heard he got caught speeding on the way to the hospital.
it's terrible what happened to him . but do you think he was trying to save people by booking them for speeding , or just earning a buck regardless of wwhat he does to people .
to me a low life does this kind of work.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
it's terrible what happened to him . but do you think he was trying to save people by booking them for speeding , or just earning a buck regardless of wwhat he does to people .
You have got to be kidding...wake up to yourself..
Old 21-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
How dare he earn a living hey. What a low life comment.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Quote:

Surely you cant be serious????

Would you prefer a society without law and order?
Old 21-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
gtfpv
GT

i'd feel sorry if it was a cop. because cops do good things too. these suckers just ruin peoples day. i dont know the person , and i would never do that to anyone , but i put water restriction people in the same boat to, i wouldnt feel sorry for one if they got a broken nose for booking someone for washing thier car at home with a hose.
i really couldnt see these people going to church on sunday , then setting up a speed camera at work.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #12
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Its an 'opinion' of the type of soul that works in this particular field of employment, yet GT does say its a terrible thing that happened to him.

He is entitled to the opinion (POV), and I agree that it *was* a terrible thing to happen.

Gotta love druggies.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #13
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4qtYahHAHk lol
Old 21-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #14
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by edda bah
Surely you cant be serious????

Would you prefer a society without law and order?
law and order is supposed to benifit people . cops should do this stuff because it is part of law and order as a whole .
. i dont have respect for fire bugs who join the fire brigade . i certainly cant think of any good thing to say about someone who gets told they are going to hide behind a tree on such and such street tomorrow , and then in between to trucks on henry street the next day.
i dont think they would expect someone to drop off some morning tea for them and wish them a good day. nor a syringe , but the latter would be more expected .
Old 21-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

The bloke woke up one morning, looked in the paper, got a job, did his job and then got stabbed. Thats a low life is it?
ffs......

in that case all the trades people are low lifes for making noise doing work in suburban areas. how dare they interrupt anyone regardless of what needs to be done. the list could go on and on and were all scumbags now..

Its RTA/Vicroads/government in general that puts this guy out there to do the work and then book them its not the bloody individuals fault

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Old 21-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #16
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C

WTF has that dribble got to do with the sad tale of this camera man getting jabbed?

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #17
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
Its RTA/Vicroads/government in general that puts this guy out there to do the work and then book them its not the bloody individuals fault
Recall WW2 war crime trials. 'Just following ze orders'. If you wish a career in that field, then great, - go for it.

Personally, I am not fussed eitherway. But assault is assault and it will be dealt with. Poor fella now has months of uncertainty.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #18
Clint Eastwood
5.4L V8

Quote:
law and order is supposed to benifit people . cops should do this stuff because it is part of law and order as a whole .
. i dont have respect for fire bugs who join the fire brigade . i certainly cant think of any good thing to say about someone who gets told they are going to hide behind a tree on such and such street tomorrow , and then in between to trucks on henry street the next day.
i dont think they would expect someone to drop off some morning tea for them and wish them a good day. nor a syringe , but the latter would be more expected .

I think it is sad that we live in a society where incidents like this are looked upon with a sense of normality,and a "Im not realy surprised" attitude.

It doesnt say much about our society in general.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:30 PM   #19
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Recall WW2 war crime trials. 'Just following ze orders'. If you wish a career in that field, then great, - go for it.

Personally, I am not fussed eaitherway. But assault is assault and it will be dealt with. Poor fella now has months of uncertainty.
You didn't just compare a speed camera operator with a Nazi war criminal did you.

FFS this thread needs to end NOW. Too many sick people.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #20
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
You didn't just compare a speed camera operator with a Nazi war criminal did you.

FFS this thread needs to end NOW. Too many sick people.
Err 'no'. Use your brain if you have one. The INDIVIDUAL has a choice, in this case of employment, he or she is *not* 'coerced' into it..
Old 21-05-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
The bloke woke up one morning, looked in the paper, got a job, did his job and then got stabbed. Thats a low life is it?
ffs......

in that case all the trades people are low lifes for making noise doing work in suburban areas. how dare they interrupt anyone regardless of what needs to be done. the list could go on and on and were all scumbags now..

hey son how did work go today ??
had a great day today dad , must of booked atleast 80 people today . i hid so well that, i think maybe 50 of them wouldnt of even realised i nabbed em .
tomorrow im planning on getting more because i'm going to a place with more traffic . hahaha , they play they can pay.
well done son . i'm proud of you. i always wanted i jiob like this for you.
Old 21-05-2008, 08:37 PM   #22
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i'd feel sorry if it was a cop. because cops do good things too. these suckers just ruin peoples day. i dont know the person , and i would never do that to anyone , but i put water restriction people in the same boat to, i wouldnt feel sorry for one if they got a broken nose for booking someone for washing thier car at home with a hose.
i really couldnt see these people going to church on sunday , then setting up a speed camera at work.
So it's the speed camera operators fault that people who exceed the speed limit get a ticket that subsequently ruins there day is it...

that is a worrying attitude you've got there :
Old 21-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #23
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thread Closed. Very unconstructive posts.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
Old 21-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #24
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Unconstructive is not that word, total and desperate stupidity is a better indication of some of the posts I have just read.

People will be banned for 24 from their posts in this thread, Im not going to send people pms, just watch the names turn red.

Find yourself another nice forum to play with if you feel hard done by, these posts are not welcomed here.
Old 21-05-2008, 10:50 PM   #25
b2tf
not here much anymore

Must say I am VERY surprised and disappointed with some of the views expressed in this thread. A few people need to have a very good look at themselves.