Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Stormman
aiting for that Lotto win

Default Raer Parking sensors LS Focus

Folks,

Anyone had reverse parking sensors fitted on their LS Zetec Hatch? I have been given a price of $840 after by a Ford Dealer and this sounds way over the top for my liking. I am sure the Territory only cost nearer to $600.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

800 isnt bad for front and back senssors.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Stormman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav
800 isnt bad for front and back senssors.
Just the back Stav, Just the back
Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #4
GSR
Focus LT

Not being rude or anything, but do you really need parking sensors on a little car like the focus. I can see the end of my focus pretty well so you have a very good idea of how much distance there is. I suppose you cant see things that are low so it will help in that respect.
I also drive a large SUV with sensors and camera and I think its a must otherwise its pot luck when reversing.
GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
Stormman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR
Not being rude or anything, but do you really need parking sensors on a little car like the focus. I can see the end of my focus pretty well so you have a very good idea of how much distance there is. I suppose you cant see things that are low so it will help in that respect.
I also drive a large SUV with sensors and camera and I think its a must otherwise its pot luck when reversing.
Not a problem. It is the wife's daily drive and the last car she had had them fitted. She has already nearly hit the T when reversing waiting for the beep..beep.. I thought if they were not too expensive I would get them fitted for her but $840 is way over my expectation
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
irs

I had rear and front units fitted to my TDCi for $840.00. They work very well and are excellent for parking.
irs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormman
Not a problem. It is the wife's daily drive and the last car she had had them fitted. She has already nearly hit the T when reversing waiting for the beep..beep.. I thought if they were not too expensive I would get them fitted for her but $840 is way over my expectation
Just get a kit from ebay, or even from Supercheap - they will be under $200, and some even have a little distance reader, as well as the beeps. Fitting takes about 3 hours, but is pretty simple really.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
Stormman

Maybe I should have just paid the money. SWMBO has grazed a tree reversing out of the works carpark. You can only really notice it if you know where to look.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Timing eh.....
Old 10-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #9
sadams
Starter Motor

I thought these were $500 as a dealer-fitted option? That's what I was quoted by a Mid-North Coast Ford dealer. Mind you, that was unpainted.
Having said that, when I backed onto a tree, it only cost $800 to have the hatch repaired and repainted, including removal/replacement of the rear window, painting, and new badges. The tree didn't touch the bumper, it grew at a 45 degree angle from the footpath straight into the parking space.
I'd be very surprised if painting 4 x 10c-sized sensors cost $340.
sadams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post