Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #1
Cruzito

Default Would you like to see Lincoln in Australia?

I'm not going to ellaborate much on the question simply because I dont have the time to at work, but since GM (Holden) is taking advantage of the whole free trade thing and attempting to claw back some sales lost from the Jap brands, would you like to see Ford follow suit?

Discuss.

Cruzito is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
GSfalcon500

Yes, mainly for the full size Town car to replace the fairlane,but at $45 thousand US I dont see it being affordable here.Look at mustangs at 25 grand US $ and here once the importers and conversion happens they are over 100 thousand AUD
GSfalcon500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only ff the quality is good and its got a good price. Though, I doubt it would sell very well.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no. it would be a failure like the taurus, probe, cougar etc etc
||| is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Yeah I'd like to see a Lincon Type Design....

Bring it on
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
MarkIV

As a Lincoln owner (see user name) I would love to see them here in Australia. Unfortunatley I don't think they have yet undergone the transformation that Cadillac has into a world brand.

Maybe the MKS will prove to be worthy (it would make a better Fairlane replacement than the prehistoric Town Car). The others seem less likely to appeal to the Australian market.

Also not in Lincoln's favour is its lesser known status compared to Cadillac (or even Chev, Pontiac, Mercury etc) since they have never been officially sold here.

We can but dream!
MarkIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #7
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkIV
Cadillac has into a world brand.
But is Cadillac really a world brand? The only markets it does really well in is the US and to a lesser extent the Middle East. The Caddy BLS was a major flop in Europe with only a handful of sales. IMO I dont think it would do very well here either.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What for? haven't we got enough brands and models of cars already? its not like the Australian Car industry is prospering and can tollerate another foreign import taking more of the ever decreasing pie...

Old 30-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #9
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Would much prefer an Aussie LTD.. but that isn't going to happen
Old 30-01-2008, 06:08 PM   #10
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Would love Lincoln

Town Car and MKZ, bring it on.

Would Lincoln suceed, probably not. It is still a 1960s era American brand, it hasnt got into the global market and doesnt produce cars for Euro tastes.

Interesting statistic, Lincoln and the Town Car is one of the highest rated cars in JD Power's survey for owner satisfaction.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods

Last edited by Fairlane; 30-01-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane

Interesting statistic, Lincoln and the Town Car is one of the highest rated cars in JD Power's survey for owner satisfaction.
The average age of their owners would be well over 60. Its built and marketed for the geriatric market, they even design the doors to be easy enough for an old person with arthritis to be able to open and close the doors without too much effort. Makes a Camry look like a young persons car.

Since its basically the same car as the original from 30 odd years ago i'm sure they have plenty of time to get the quality right.

The MKZ and MKS might be ok but I think the only reason Cadillacs will be sold here is because Holden are doing it to please the yanks because they are selling cars to them. Its a way of keeping the auto workers union off their backs.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #12
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I would put a deposit on atleast 2 town cars if they were on their way here, they are probably one of the best cars for coping with the shocking state of our roads. In the hire car business they would sell extremely well, particularly for the humungous boot that takes 4 large bags plus carry ons etc, the rear air suspension which pumps up when the car is loaded, the big soft leather seats and reasonable fuel economy from the SOHC 4.6. Whatsmore is the incredible ride considering it is a ford and can cope with the worst corrugations with ease. I drive them regularly and whilst nowhere near as fast as our cars here, they are a great cruiser. For the Hire Car industry alone they would do well I think, and if ford got them CKD and did their own conversion they would probably not be that much more than $60K for the base model.

Quote: