Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

he admitted he was speeding, and even said by how much, i think that's a pretty honest way to go about describing the thread. And while i may or may not agree with the way he's going about this, i find it funny how many people whack on the old halo and jump up on their pedastile / soapbox and start telling people that they never step out of line for a second ;p

I think this thread can be closed now, i've spoken in far less controversial ones that have been closed in an instant.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #32
XR6 Hulk

How can you be speeding if you dont know the speed limit? Do I guess? It might be 40km/h so ill drive 40km/h if i dont know? Im serious i was rolling with the traffic, about 20 cars were pulle dup, when i was pulled in they took a car in front of me and to the side in one swoop.

If I thought the speed limit was 80km then naturally i was doing 80km. I turned off from M7 motorway which is 110km, other drivers said they come off the motorway as well, this area is all downhill and not a built up area. No signs and the sneaky buggers wait at the bottom.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #33
Aeron
DJR Fan

I know that road very well, I live not far from there, and I know its 60Km/h. You come off the M7 then you are in a 70zone, I think it is, then you go past "Sharks Driving Range", and just past that, where the hill starts, it goes back to 60Km/h. There is a big sign.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Old 29-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #34
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

lol its normal for them to hide, if they were standing out in the middle of the road they wouldnt catch anyone!
Old 29-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #35
XR6 Hulk

If you have driven on that road, you would agree its almost impossible not to do 80km/h. I have spoken to a few people which totally agree. the only reason why everyone didnt get stopped is the coppers had upto 5 cars waiting at a time to be booked. thats ridiculous, either everyone speeds or there is some confusion to the speed limit in that area.

The cops said someone complained people were speeding here, how is that possible, its not a built up area.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #36
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
FFS... i can't believe some of the pointless topics and sooking people post about.
Ditto, ive noticed some threads by the OP and 80% are junk IMO

Just like his the other therad that he started and it got CLOSED, saying thats the last time he will buy a windsor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Hulk
I got rid of the Getz to the Mrs dismay. I picked up an immaculate 80,000km fairmont EL 5.0 Windsor V8 for about the same price.

I took it for a cruise and was coming down a hill when a copper runs out from behind a rock and pulls me in. you were doing 83km in a 60 zone. there were no signs, road was downhill, they were hidden under a rock, australia day....

Anyhow double demerit points so license gone. The only Windsor Ill be doing is Windsor Pilates.... the Mrs said if you would have kept the Getz....
: has a windsor V8 got to do with getting caught speeding :togo: . You do the crime you do the time get over it, also wat does Australia day have to do with getting off a speeding fine
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance

Last edited by DJM83; 29-01-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #37
XR6 Hulk

Must be plenty of cops on this forum, get up off your and go catch some drug dealers. My mother in law was robbed , break and enter, it took the police three days to turn up, too busy hiding behind the rock filling their quotas. There must be some sort of awards ceremony, the sneakiest cop in australia, congratulations sargent nicolls, you da man, most sneaky fines in the country. they call him the woolworths checkout chick cause he swipes them like they are fruit.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #38
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
If you have driven on that road, you would agree its almost impossible not to do 80km/h. I have spoken to a few people which totally agree. the only reason why everyone didnt get stopped is the coppers had upto 5 cars waiting at a time to be booked. thats ridiculous, either everyone speeds or there is some confusion to the speed limit in that area.

The cops said someone complained people were speeding here, how is that possible, its not a built up area.
I know its 60 there and I do 60 there. My car has brakes. They slow me down when I go down hills so I don’t speed and get done by the cops. I did this on the Anzac bridge yesterday (down hill, 60Km/h, cops hiding) and I didn’t get a fine because I wasn’t speeding because I was using my brakes.

I didn’t this it was that hard.

Old 29-01-2008, 04:32 PM   #39
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Must be plenty of cops on this forum, get up off your and go catch some drug dealers. My mother in law was robbed , break and enter, it took the police three days to turn up, too busy hiding behind the rock filling their quotas. There must be some sort of awards ceremony, the sneakiest cop in australia, congratulations sargent nicolls, you da man, most sneaky fines in the country. they call him the woolworths checkout chick cause he swipes them like they are fruit.
mate i was once mugged by 3 druggo's and an ice-pick, and they were all let off as the cops stuffed the paperwork, but you need to take the bad with the bad, ya know what i'm sayin' ;) No need in going on about it here and making the situation worse for yourself.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #40
XR6 Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
I know its 60 there and I do 60 there. My car has brakes. They slow me down when I go down hills so I don’t speed and get done by the cops. I did this on the Anzac bridge yesterday (down hill, 60Km/h, cops hiding) and I didn’t get a fine because I wasn’t speeding because I was using my brakes.

I didn’t this it was that hard.
thats because you knew the speed, what if all of a sudden it was 40km/h there, you would have your arms in the air.

I didnt know the speed on this road, dont you get that? I didnt think i was speeding. They caught so many people so its obviously confusing with lack of signs, cant you see the pics? do you see speed signs?
Old 29-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #41
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

firstly,i do not agree with calling the police slimey or any of that. Police are one of the cornerstones of our society and should be respected. Could we all please try to not inflame one another in threads like this and discuss it maturely and objectively. (i have been a big offender of this previously and i apologise).

I think we can all also agree that used appropriately and correctly, speed cameras are a significant part of every state and territories road safety strategy.

Would anyone agree though that the placement of this speed camera is at the very least 'a tad sneeky'?

Im also sure that (especially on a double demerrit, long weekend with heaps of families on our roads) the wider fordforums.au fraternity would prefer that police resources be allocated to known blackspot areas and other known problems (drink driving, fatigue) so that chances of tragedies that so often occur during these peak periods are reduced.

My contention is that the placement of this camera is unwise and it could be put to better use in another situation and place.

As was mentioned by other contributors, ignorance to the speed limit here is not an acceptable excuse nor is travelling down an incline, however surely there are other ways of hightening awarness of the limit on this road with increased signage or another innitative that are not punative to motorists.

Evidence of this is that such a high number of people being fined,from a broad section of the community, over a short time. This indicates a widespread ignorance of the posted limit rather than negative driving behaviour is a major factor.

The use of a speed camera on this stretch of road would be better used as a final resort if better signage, an awareness campaign or even one of those speed check signs that illustrates one's speed still did not ilicit a reduction in speeding and related accidents on this road.

what does everyone else think.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:34 PM   #42
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Highway Patrol officers book people. Its what they do. They don’t solve crime or fingerprint your mums place to catch robbers, they keep the roads safe. Its their job.

:

Old 29-01-2008, 04:35 PM   #43
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Awww, have a sook because you got caught DOING THE WRONG THING!
And it has been said that there is a big 60 sign.
Dont blame the cops
Dont blame the 'hill'
Dont blame the windsor (as per your other thread)
Your car cannot break the law all by itself..
Who else is there to blame? Hmmmm,

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 29-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #44
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
thats because you knew the speed, what if all of a sudden it was 40km/h there, you would have your arms in the air.

I didnt know the speed on this road, dont you get that? I didnt think i was speeding. They caught so many people so its obviously confusing with lack of signs, cant you see the pics? do you see speed signs?
You went past a 60 Km/h sign!! I know you did, because I've seen it. It’s just past Sharks Driving Range. It’s not confusing at all. They pulled over so many people because so many people speed. It had nothing to do with confusion, just your lack of concentration. You drove past a 60Km/h sign and you didn’t see it.

:togo:

Old 29-01-2008, 04:39 PM   #45
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Awww, have a sook because you got caught DOING THE WRONG THING!
And it has been said that there is a big 60 sign.
Dont blame the cops
Dont blame the 'hill'
Dont blame the windsor (as per your other thread)
Your car cannot break the law all by itself..
Who else is there to blame? Hmmmm,

Tonko, this kind of talk is not needed. And i think that this thread is more about the position of the camera rather than the fine itself.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #46
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
they call him the woolworths checkout chick cause he swipes them like they are fruit.
actually they have to weigh the fruit. you cant stick barcodes on grapes man
Old 29-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #47
Casablanca
carburettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeron
Highway Patrol officers book people. Its what they do. They don’t solve crime or fingerprint your mums place to catch robbers, they keep the roads safe. Its their job.

:

totally and utterly correct, detectives are the ones looking for robbers and what not these guys are here to keep you safe yes at times they may be revenue raising but have you seen the ads, these are true circumstances the reason behind the fines is so you will get it into your head that you should not speed "every k over is a killer" btw if you were doing 83 in an 80 zone you were still speeding so either way, if it was an 80 zone and they booked you for speeding you would still have put it on the board sooking about revenue raising. dude get over it, it happens to most people.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 29-01-2008, 04:43 PM   #48
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodfloyd
Tonko, this kind of talk is not needed. And i think that this thread is more about the position of the camera rather than the fine itself.
It was more of a reference to the comment posted by him which was quoted by myself...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 29-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #49
XR6 Hulk

If there is a sign there i didnt see it, neither did 20 other people booked within 15 mins that i wa there. I drove up and back and didnt see it, hence the photos. why dont you post a picture with this alledged sign??

Also dont drive up the road 20km until you see one, it has to be a reasonable distance from where the police were and in between the area where people get off the motorway.

So 20 people in 15 minutes all didnt see this sign? All types, families included. I swapped details with 5 of them waiting to be booked.
Old 29-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #50
Casablanca
carburettor

come on laminge close it down before people get their feelings hurt lol
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 29-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #51
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

We are going in circles...

Edit

Hot off the press..

Doesnt someone look silly now

Last edited by Laminge; 29-01-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Closed Thread