Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
fordman_01
DUB

Default bodykit fitting

hey, i have a mate who is thinking of getting rid of his S2 XR6 bodykit. i was wondering will it fit onto my S1 falcon without any major modding? and is it easy taking and putting a bodykit on like can u do it yourself?

cheers

fordman_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Is yours an XR too? If yes, then it will fit no worries.

If yours is a forte (which I think it is, from memory), then it will fit, but you will need to fabricate/buy one extra bracket for each side. The goods thing is, being a series one, you have the right bonnet and everything, so it's just a simple swap over. Don't forget that you will need to buy the lights, and indicators. All up, these will cost you somewhere around the $700 mark, so it's not a cheap exercise.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Is yours an XR too? If yes, then it will fit no worries.

If yours is a forte (which I think it is, from memory), then it will fit, but you will need to fabricate/buy one extra bracket for each side. The goods thing is, being a series one, you have the right bonnet and everything, so it's just a simple swap over. Don't forget that you will need to buy the lights, and indicators. All up, these will cost you somewhere around the $700 mark, so it's not a cheap exercise.
thanks JC, yeh mine is a forte. What i was meaning was can i just put the side skirts and and rear bumper on without any major hassles and then leave the front bumper how it is at the moment.

thanks
Old 30-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

yeah skits will go on. and bumpers will swap over. easy.
Old 31-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
yeah skits will go on. and bumpers will swap over. easy.
thanks mate thats good to hear, would you have a guide on how to do this, i know this may sound as a very stupid question but i dont no that much about cars.

thanks heaps
Old 31-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

skirts go on with a lot of sikaflex, and a couple of screws, whereever you want them pretty much

the rear bumper, i cant quite remember where all the mounts are, but there are a few behind the carpet in the bootspace.

hopefully some other members can post some more in-depth info for you!
Old 31-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
skirts go on with a lot of sikaflex, and a couple of screws, whereever you want them pretty much

the rear bumper, i cant quite remember where all the mounts are, but there are a few behind the carpet in the bootspace.

hopefully some other members can post some more in-depth info for you!
yeh thanks mate that should help
Old 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

The rear bumper has has either 4-6 nuts holding it on (cant remember exactly) as well as a pop rivet on the bottom middle section.

Two of the nuts are accessible from the back wheelarches (you have to remove the plastic inner wheel arch, its held on by plastic self tapping/expanding screws, best to just pull them out with pliers) the other 2-4 nuts you can reach from inside the boot by pulling off the 'furry' boot trim which is held on with christmas tree plugs. The pop rivet you just drill straight thru the middle of it.

The first time you do it, its a pain (Im not very DIY car minded) but once you get your head around it its easy.

As for the skirts you need to run sikaflex along the inside of the top lip that sits on the doorsill, as well as a few large blobs on the dogleg that sits on the front guard.

If they're factory plastic skirts there is a small 'leg' that sits on the inside 'frame' of the car thats exposed when you open the front door (Im pretty sure the leg lines up with a nut that holds the front guard on) use this to hold the dogleg tight up against the car.

The part of the skirts that wraps around the rear guard is held on by two crews (Ford used the plastic expanding ones, but two metal self-tappers do the trick)

For the part of the skirt that wraps around the front guard you can pretty much put them wherever you want however if yours are second hand genuine skirts: at the factory Ford put holes in the skirt that lined up with holes in the plastic inner wheelarch, then held both on with xmas tree plugs this is the neatest way to do it.

If you're drilling holes yourself be careful when lining up for the holes as the front doglegs shape is quite different to the inside of the guard, the dogleg is quite pumped out to give the car a chunkier look)

Lastly the top part of skirt (that goes under the doors) should slip underneath the rubber seal that runs the length of the sill, the rubber seal can become stuck to the sill, so its a good idea to either pull at the rubber seal/run a flat blunt object along the sill to seperate the rubber. You should be able to slip the skirt in as far as possible, so it sits tight/flush against the car.

Its very important to test fit everything and get your head around it all BEFORE it gets painted, that way youll have no dramas with scratches etc while fitting.

I hope this all made sense!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #9
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
The rear bumper has has either 4-6 nuts holding it on (cant remember exactly) as well as a pop rivet on the bottom middle section.

Two of the nuts are accessible from the back wheelarches (you have to remove the plastic inner wheel arch, its held on by plastic self tapping/expanding screws, best to just pull them out with pliers) the other 2-4 nuts you can reach from inside the boot by pulling off the 'furry' boot trim which is held on with christmas tree plugs. The pop rivet you just drill straight thru the middle of it.

The first time you do it, its a pain (Im not very DIY car minded) but once you get your head around it its easy.

As for the skirts you need to run sikaflex along the inside of the top lip that sits on the doorsill, as well as a few large blobs on the dogleg that sits on the front guard.

If they're factory plastic skirts there is a small 'leg' that sits on the inside 'frame' of the car thats exposed when you open the front door (Im pretty sure the leg lines up with a nut that holds the front guard on) use this to hold the dogleg tight up against the car.

The part of the skirts that wraps around the rear guard is held on by two crews (Ford used the plastic expanding ones, but two metal self-tappers do the trick)

For the part of the skirt that wraps around the front guard you can pretty much put them wherever you want however if yours are second hand genuine skirts: at the factory Ford put holes in the skirt that lined up with holes in the plastic inner wheelarch, then held both on with xmas tree plugs this is the neatest way to do it.

If you're drilling holes yourself be careful when lining up for the holes as the front doglegs shape is quite different to the inside of the guard, the dogleg is quite pumped out to give the car a chunkier look)

Lastly the top part of skirt (that goes under the doors) should slip underneath the rubber seal that runs the length of the sill, the rubber seal can become stuck to the sill, so its a good idea to either pull at the rubber seal/run a flat blunt object along the sill to seperate the rubber. You should be able to slip the skirt in as far as possible, so it sits tight/flush against the car.

Its very important to test fit everything and get your head around it all BEFORE it gets painted, that way youll have no dramas with scratches etc while fitting.

I hope this all made sense!
thanks very much The Fantastic Ford this has helped me alot now i can get them and put em on, cheers
Old 02-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

No worries, make sure to post up some pics when you're done!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #11
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
No worries, make sure to post up some pics when you're done!
haha i will