Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #31
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

ANWAY we can go through 1,000's of points about an insurance policy and the PDS and this will not help "items"

What i was doing was advising and helping "items" be aware of the facts instead of filling up the thread with mumbo jumbo and theories of what may and might or can happen in any claim BUT in the end may not be applicable as he may not put a claim through his insurer.

FACT - if he puts a claim in with his insurer and the insurer writes of his vehicle then the insurer will keep the balance of the insurance premium paid.
(most people who have not had a write off don't know this)

FACT - Most insurers dont give you the option to buy the wreck you will have to go to the auction yard to buy it back from them - now read this for you blind people who cant read i wrote MOST

FACT - Some insurers will keep the balance of the registration - again now read this for you blind people who can't read i wrote MOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
So because the PDS isn't read, does that mean it doesn't appy?
Like any contact it is up to the person accepting it to read it in it's entirety.
If you read it, then you will know up front, nothing is hidden and you will not learn the hard way. It is sent out every year so the customer has no excuse not to know what they are entitled to.
How is that helping "items"? I didnt say it didnt apply I was pointing out FACTS and what he should be looking at when working out how he should go about settling his claim

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #32
bentles
Banned

keep in mind drhemi LTDHO works for an insurance company if memory serves me correct.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #33
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many of us who have replied in this thread have, at some stage, worked in the insurance industry.

As with any written document the interpretation is never the same by two different people and I believe this is why we are having differing opinions.

I also believe that we have veered off the original post and would appreciate us getting back to it.

items, have you decided what direction you are going to take???
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #34
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentles
keep in mind drhemi LTDHO works for an insurance company if memory serves me correct.
And I work for an Insurance broker whom deals with 100's of different insurance company's every day so I am not byist (sorry about the spelling)

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 25-10-2007, 05:01 PM   #35
Windza

Well I'm confused now after all the quote unquote business - so I want to know for my own future reference what has actually been established ?

If we don't advise the insurance company of a mod and have a prang - are they still liable ?

AND

Can we remove items from the car after the fact without running the risk of voiding our policies ?

I think the latter q. is more or less what the OP was asking - it still seems very dicey to me - like who's to say you didn't remove something that made the car unroadworthy (this being my initial basis for using "fraud")...
Windza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #36
gngtho
Banned

Look if you have claimed it on insurance and you want the stuff back, all you do is tell them you want the car and they will deduct some of the payout money and you keep it.

If you want the full payout you give them every thing otherwise you are stealing from them when you start to takes things out.

If you havn'e claimed them you can take the unclaimed goods out and give them what they will pay you out for.

Hope this helps, and heaps sorry to hear but as long as you are ok cars are just tin, plastic and money pits, unless its a valiant then its full metal and a huuuuuge money pit, lol.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2007, 05:56 PM   #37
items

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Well the fraud word was getting thrown around so I thought I would use it as well to keep the theme going.

Actually it would be a failure to comply with your duty of disclosure.

ANYWAY "items" is the other driver/car insured?
yeh mate other driver is insured
Old 25-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #38
items

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature

items, have you decided what direction you are going to take???
not sure yet waiting for a phone call from insurance or who ever is going to get in contact with me. havent touch anything motor wise. just the steroe because im aranging a new car pretty qwickly. thanks for all the advice but i really dont no what to go by so many different points. but its just staying the way it is at the moment.
Old 25-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #39
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by items
yeh mate other driver is insured
You have two options:-

Claim on your insurance and get your insurance company's assessor to assess your vehicle and put a value on it

OR

Claim on the other party's insurance and wait for them to send their assessor out to assess your vehicle and put a value on it.

Actually three options, you could get an independent qualified assessor to assess your vehicle and use that report to claim off the third party's insurer

The quickest option is to claim on your insurance policy as your insurer will be working to get you paid out and back on the road as soon as possible.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote:
Old 26-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #40
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windza
Well I'm confused now after all the quote unquote business - so I want to know for my own future reference what has actually been established ?

If we don't advise the insurance company of a mod and have a prang - are they still liable ?

AND

Can we remove items from the car after the fact without running the risk of voiding our policies ?

I think the latter q. is more or less what the OP was asking - it still seems very dicey to me - like who's to say you didn't remove something that made the car unroadworthy (this being my initial basis for using "fraud")...
If you have not advised your insurer that you have modified your vehicle they have the option of NOT paying for any claim and also will cancel your policy. Should this happen you are going to find it difficult to find any insurer who will take you on after that as it is called non-disclosure. Not a good thing to have against your name.

If you remove any modification from the vehicle that has not been advised to the insurer then they also have the options as above.

Bottom line is tell your insurer everything. The law is that you must tell them everything a reasonable person would know that would constitute a modification or offence etc. If you change something on your vehicle it IS a modification, something as simple as adding a trip computer for example or any non standard wheels. They must be advised or you run the risk of not being paid for a claim & having everything cancelled with NO refund.

Hope this clears that part up

Quote:
not sure yet waiting for a phone call from insurance or who ever is going to get in contact with me. havent touch anything motor wise. just the steroe because im aranging a new car pretty qwickly. thanks for all the advice but i really dont no what to go by so many different points. but its just staying the way it is at the moment
I wouldnt wait for a phone call from their insurer as you will never get it. Do you know who they are insured with?? You might have to call them yourself and get a claim number. That is if you are going through them directly and not worrying about your insurance. Once you have the claim number get a quote on your vehicle from a repairer (as a writeoff) and send them a 'Letter of Demand'. If you need help with that part send me a PM & I can draft one up for you.

If you are going through your own insurer get onto them quick smart so they can send out an assessor and you can get the ball rolling to get your claim paid out.

If you need anything else just ask either in here or PM, Im glad to give any assistance needed, as I know others are as well.

Unfortunatley insurance is a very tricky thing to interpret but with a few helping we can get you through this ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #41
items

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
If you have not advised your insurer that you have modified your vehicle they have the option of NOT paying for any claim and also will cancel your policy. Should this happen you are going to find it difficult to find any insurer who will take you on after that as it is called non-disclosure. Not a good thing to have against your name.

If you remove any modification from the vehicle that has not been advised to the insurer then they also have the options as above.

Bottom line is tell your insurer everything. The law is that you must tell them everything a reasonable person would know that would constitute a modification or offence etc. If you change something on your vehicle it IS a modification, something as simple as adding a trip computer for example or any non standard wheels. They must be advised or you run the risk of not being paid for a claim & having everything cancelled with NO refund.

Hope this clears that part up

I wouldnt wait for a phone call from their insurer as you will never get it. Do you know who they are insured with?? You might have to call them yourself and get a claim number. That is if you are going through them directly and not worrying about your insurance. Once you have the claim number get a quote on your vehicle from a repairer (as a writeoff) and send them a 'Letter of Demand'. If you need help with that part send me a PM & I can draft one up for you.

If you are going through your own insurer get onto them quick smart so they can send out an assessor and you can get the ball rolling to get your claim paid out.

If you need anything else just ask either in here or PM, Im glad to give any assistance needed, as I know others are as well.

Unfortunatley insurance is a very tricky thing to interpret but with a few helping we can get you through this ;)
everythings sorted got called today from there insurrance. its geting asessed on monday at my house and they said they will give me the price i get and then the wreck is mine to do what i want. or they can take it and i get the salvage price for it. so im going to keep it and strip it. thanks for the help lads
Old 26-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #42
SupahStah
Tha Stah

lol... anyone got pics?
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #43
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
You have two options:-

Claim on your insurance and get your insurance company's assessor to assess your vehicle and put a value on it

OR

Claim on the other party's insurance and wait for them to send their assessor out to assess your vehicle and put a value on it.

Actually three options, you could get an independent qualified assessor to assess your vehicle and use that report to claim off the third party's insurer
The other (4th) option as I said is claim (initially bill/invoice) the other driver and don't deal directly with either insurer (other than as required notifying your insurer of teh accident and that you are pursuing the other driver for a settlement). The other driver will then likely make the claim against his insurer.
Old 27-10-2007, 07:16 AM   #44
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
everythings sorted got called today from there insurrance. its geting asessed on monday at my house and they said they will give me the price i get and then the wreck is mine to do what i want. or they can take it and i get the salvage price for it. so im going to keep it and strip it. thanks for the help lads
see, i was right! : :
blur1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 06:32 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

How did you go?
What did they value your car at?

Are you keeping the wreck?

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

Quote: