Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 01-05-2005, 01:49 AM   #1
whippet_zetec
Supes

Default Whippet_Zetec in EUROPE

Hi Folks,

Finally found a pc that would get me on the net and have a few spare minutes to post.

Have been in the UK and ITALY for the last 2 weeks and I can tell you the FORD FOCUS is like a plague in the UK, they are fricken everywhere, old ones new ones, all colours styles shapes (including the Estate) even as cop cars.

In ITALY its the FIESTA that is popular but it fights hard with the FIAT for supremecy,

Next is FRANCE then the US, will keep my eyes open for how FORD is doing there.

havent taken a heap of pics because it is a honeymoon and a holiday so have been concentrating on the tourist stuff, besides that if I took pics of Eurofords over here I would never have enough memory in a lifetime on my camera or pc...lol..

take care and catch you all when i get back to Sydney..

ps....the new MONDEO in the UK is HOT HOT HOT..........I am referring to the ST Version........I WANT ONE OF THOSE!
Old 02-05-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mate,

Glad to hear you're having fun, this definitely rates for effort, posting ON Honeymoon IN Europe!!!!! Ten points for that one!!

Keep enjoying your trip and taking the photos, but most of all have fun and stay safe, we can't wait to welcome you back!!
Old 02-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

have a good time over there!!!
you might be on your honeymoon but take a few snaps of any talent you see walking around ;)
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #4
whippet_zetec
Supes

Well I have made it back, jet lagged suffering from a cold picked up from Vegas but going strong.

Well first things first, bad news I am afraid, Ford suffers big time in FRANCE, Citroen, and Renault are the cars of choice for all sizes and shapes, guess they are very patriotic......saw a few Focus and Fiesta but not many at all compared to the UK and ITALY.

In the US small cars are not the choice of the people, but FORD is huge with MUSTANGS and F SERIES TRUCKS, saw a couple Foci butno Fiesta....bad luck guys.

Did get a few pics on my travels and will get them up when I have time, Police Foci in UK, an RS Foci in Scotland, Mustang in US.

While in the UK I had arranged to drive a new Modeo as a hire car but they had none available so got placed with a FIAT STILO DIESEL, but tell you what this thing hauled butt.....very impressed....

Well hope eveyone is doing well, cant wait to get out on the next cruise and use my new acquisition a CANON DIGITAL SLR and new 70-300 ZOOM LENS....

Todd
Old 25-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
whippet_zetec
Supes

here are the pics I got while away.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FordFocusRSUK1.jpg (68.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg FordFocusUK2.jpg (78.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 25-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Todd,

Great news and glad you enjoyed your trip. A Canon Digital SLR - I'm jealous.

Catch you soon.
Fast Eddie.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

DAMN what a driveway!!! a Clio Sport and a Focus RS!!!! Lucky bugger!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-05-2005, 12:01 AM   #8
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I didn't know the made Lamborghinis in ugly colours. But I'd take one all the same!

Other photos are interesting! As has been pointed out, what a cool driveway! More photos! More!

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2005, 01:06 AM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

WHOA!!! 2 dream cars in 1 driveway! SO JEALOUS! Also, nice mini behind that Police Donut machine!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
guym

I been to the UK. I agree the foci's are everywhere. Good to see. Its where I actually first drove the car a few years ago and therefore why I bought one back here. Never understood why they don't sell as well here. People seem to buy the Corolla and Pulsar instead.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

People don't see the value equation. They're used to cheap large cars and can't seem to justify paying extra for their second car. For us, as single car owners, most of us passionate, we're happy to pay that little bit extra for a nicer car (Fiesta over a Barina for example, or even over a Getz) or Focus over a Rolla. Unfortunately it seems your average punter won't do that for their second car, they'll buy something they perceive to be reliable, well made, cheap and fuss free. Whitegoods on wheels ala Corolla and Pulsar. Unfortunately they don't know that the Focus is as good or better than the Mazda 3, Astra and Golf, but now with the new Gen Golf the premium car is back, since the success of the Mazda 3. New Focus is going to be rather intersting, but it is very well priced so I can't wait to see how it goes!
Old 31-05-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
guym

Ford have to get the marketing correct. Ford obviously spend most of their money on marketing the Falcon (obviously as this is the local built car) but with fuel prices going up we could end up like the UK where cars like the Focus become the family car and big 6's are too expensive to run. Hopefully ford will push the Focus on its build quality (now thats a question considering it is now sourced from South Africa and not Europe), ride (best ride of any car in its class I have driven) and style.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #13
whippet_zetec
Supes

talking of fuel, in Scotland and London the equivalent price per litre for petrol was $2.45.....be thankful we arent paying that much here yet....