Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-09-2007, 04:53 PM   #31
The Monty
Just slidin'

I was going to have a switch between the tunes, but I was just having too much fun, and I only got 6 runs in all up. Deffinately have a run at willowbank if you can, I love it out there.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #32
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i ran my old EA out there... with a blistering time of 16.3.... mind you it did have a pretty bad misfire at the time.. hehe... but that wasn't going to stop me... only did 3 runs that night coz i didn't wanna break it.. heh

i work nights.. coz i'd like to get out there on a wednesday night.. but would involve taking time off work to do so.. not interested in running on a saturday.. way too busy..

but definately keen to get out there and give the AU a run..
Eu-GenixX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2007, 07:32 PM   #33
The Monty
Just slidin'

It was relatively quiet last night, I got 6 runs in. There were very few street cars, but about half that amount again of comp cars, which is heaps.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #34
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah 6 runs isn't bad for a saturday night.. .. always heaps of comp cars on a saturday... saturdays are good for spectating.... wednesdays are good for running..
Old 04-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #35
sly
Sly like a G6

I'm using the generic 98-octane tune from KPM and very happy with it. Had been using 98 when not on gas to avoid retarding the timing too much, the car always felt a bit flat under 2400rpm, with a real torque hole about 2000.

Much better now, goes noticeably harder, but easing along in traffic I'm using so much less throttle that I'm often a gear higher than I used to be. It'll also pull cleanly from 1400 with the TC locked without unlocking or kicking down now when I want to grandpa along. The torque hole has been filled in too. This has been a much better BFYB mod than the cam, extractors and exhaust IMHO. Pity I couldn't have got one 4 years ago.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:58 AM   #36
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i honestly can't feel any real difference in mine.. but then again.. my engine is dead stock.... in fact.. i think i might sell mine.. as i have no use for it for now.. and i'll buy suspension instead
Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #37
sly
Sly like a G6

Given up thoughts of turboing it?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 PM   #38
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
i honestly can't feel any real difference in mine.. but then again.. my engine is dead stock.... in fact.. i think i might sell mine.. as i have no use for it for now.. and i'll buy suspension instead
How much would u sell it for?

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #39
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Given up thoughts of turboing it?
supercharger....

nah haven't given up thoughts.. i am just another 12 months off yet... and would prefer to have suspension instead
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #40
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayeyew
How much would u sell it for?

i'll take around the $450 mark or so....
Old 04-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #41
The Monty
Just slidin'

I seriously couldnt tell a difference at all. When I saw my timeslips, I was blown away, over .5 of a second gone, off a previously matched PB. It would have been good to have a before and after Dyno, I might try it anyway, no tune, then 98 tune.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #42
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu-GenixX
supercharger....

nah haven't given up thoughts.. i am just another 12 months off yet... and would prefer to have suspension instead
I'm watching this thread for developments http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11190741. Just what I always wanted, 3 different positive displacement kits to choose from... If this happens it will give CAPA a real run for their money.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 PM   #43
Eu-GenixX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i'm in the same boat as you... i'd perfer to use a super charger over a turbo...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:16 PM   #44
El Sucio

I got a custom generic tune from the guys at BPT in Wangara. The 98 RON tune has completely transformed the car from approx 2'500 - 4'500rpm. It pulls a lot harder. It is really struggling up top though and I think my standard exhaust system is to blame...it just stops above 4'500rpm.

I've been getting about 40km extra per tank now as well despite my lead foot. getting about 530km easy now compared to struggling to get 490 - 500km per tank.

A really worthwile mod.

:o)

Previous Rides:
KH Laser TX3
EF Futura (RIP)
EL XR6
AU2 XR6
BA XR8
BF XR8
BF Wagon (XR6 Lookalike)
2014 Ford Ranger
2000 AU XR8 with all the options boxes ticked (RIP)

G.M.H. - Get a Mechanic...Hurry!!
El Sucio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2007, 12:39 AM   #45
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Cappa tune is good value for a standard car otherwise it is a bit of a cop out.Why you say??

Well if you run big modifications then it is impossible to use it on your next car because you must return your current car back to ford tune. The car wont idle and probably go slower than standard with its mods. This is no good.

Cappa don't give user software with their products.This means that you are tied to a tuner each time you mod the car.
Sniper tuning software due in December will superseed the edit tune. BPT will be releasing this.

While the tuners are great in Sydney ..if you want a job done well do it yourself. You can spend a month tuning your car where it will cost you a kidney for a tuner to do it.
When you think of it..it is definately not rocket science.In the old days you would turn the distributor and adjust the power valves,jets and idle screws.The only difference now is it s run by a computer which actually tells you exactly what is happening. When you want ignition advance..punch the numbers in.When you want leaner mixtures type in the negative fuel adjustment. Too easy I say..

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post