Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
4dlvr
4dlvr

Default new cai

i been lookin for a new cold air intake and heres what im tossing up on, any one know of any better or cheaper please let me no...

http://www.intakesandexhaust.com/pro...roducts_id=681

or

http://www.intakesandexhaust.com/pro...products_id=57
thanx

4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
FRA
Mr Focus

I have a Steeda air intake system.
Both air intake system will give you the same Hp so I would get Steeda as it's cheater.
You could save alot of money here and just go down to autobarn, you'll be saving 100 to 150 just by buying it here man.
What state are you from?
It's not worth getting from the States.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 08:01 AM   #3
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I would really really worry about under bonnet heat soak with those open pods.

I would either look at the Pipercross Viper, or BMC CDA system (both expensive but great performance), or alternatively, the OEM SVT (ST170) system (seen here as the Ford Racing system) Flows well past 170hp

http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?Pag...ory=273&Page=2
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
4dlvr
4dlvr

i was hopeing that if i retained the bottem part of the air box ang got a bigger snorkel then ild still get some cold air running throu.
mightn be stupid but if i make a 3 inch stainless steel pipe, is there any way i can avoid using that wire plug that clicks into the intake manifold???
4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post