Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 21-05-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Imprint
Starter Motor

Default 2000 Ford Laser GLXi speaker installation

Hi guys, does anyone know how I get the inside door panels off to replace the factory speakers in this model of car?

I just got one last week and want to replace the factory speakers, I have already done the head unit which was no major hassle, but I can't seem to work out how to get the side door panel off.

I can pull the bottom half out with the clips but it seems to be attached to the top half which won't allow me to get into the speakers.

I also undid two of the screws on either side and tried lifting it off but it looks like there is a screw attached from the arm rest which i can't seem to find.

any help would be appreciated.

Imprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

can you take a picture of it

i dont know the car it may to have a plastic pop out button or cover over the screw
Old 21-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
aok47

i'm probably a year too late but i was doing the exact same thing on the weekend....

You need to pull of the armrest "rubber trim" and you will find 2 additional screws that hold the door trim to the door itself. Took me a while to suss out what was going on.

Now onto MY problem... after pulling out the speaker i thought the Laser 2000model speakers were 6"x9", i go and buy a pair of Sony 6"x9" for $57 at JB-HiFi only to find they DONT fit in the door cutout!!! :

Does anyone know what speaker size i should be replacing the standard ones with?

Cheers

AK