Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Default rear door locks wont lock/chiptorque chip

Hi everyone, since getting my au1/2 back from from Ford "service" (to get the cruise control fixed, $350 to find a broken wire then $350 to replace the whole turn signal,horn ect , ect, harness instead of just fixing the wire, then the "service" guy tells me how lucky I was : ) the rear door locks wont lock with the remote or the key, when you open the rear doors the front doors unlock too. So does anyone have an idea whats going on? I have a chiptorque chip fitted and am going to take it out to see if doing that and resetting the puter make any difference , is there any procedure to remove the chip? My car has been unlocked since early feb and Ive only known for the last 3 weeks and havent been able to do anything about it, it goes to the mechanic tomorrow morn to get a couple of things done so if anyone can help with some first hand knowledge it would be greatly appreciated thanks .

Old 07-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would say the worm gear in the door actuators is busted. Easy (temporary) fix is:

1. make sure child lock is off (so you can open door from inside)
2. Remove interior trim on rear doors
3. Remove the actuator rod between the outside door handle and the locking mechanism.
4. Recheck to make sure doors open when using inside door handles
5. Replace door trim.

This should mean that your car can't be opened by the external rear door handles, but make sure the inside ones will open it before replacing the trim, otherwise the only way you will ever open them again is by using an oxy or grinder.

The permanent fix is to either fix the worm gear in the door actuators (small cost, but takes time), or buy new actuators and fit them (large cost - around $180 new, or $75 scond hand and not much less time). There is an article somewhere in the BA section, I think, that details how to fix them using a drill, superglue and a smallish machine screw.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Thanks for the cheap quick lock the the car fix JC I'll go with that if it is actuators I cant afford new or second hand ones right now, but I suspect some kind of puter glich, it just seems too coincidental they should both go at the same time and I know ford was running all kinds of tests on the thing to find the cruise control problem, Im guessing they put power where it wasnt supposed to go, thanks.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor
Thanks for the cheap quick lock the the car fix JC I'll go with that if it is actuators I cant afford new or second hand ones right now, but I suspect some kind of puter glich, it just seems too coincidental they should both go at the same time and I know ford was running all kinds of tests on the thing to find the cruise control problem, Im guessing they put power where it wasnt supposed to go, thanks.
No worries, just make sure the child lock is OFF! :-)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #5
Velociraptor
Digging for avatar

Thumbs up

Gotcha. Im going to try disconecting the battery for an hour, cant hurt.