Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default "Racing" seats

Does anyone know of any "racing"seats, think of the ones you get at autobarn and the sorts, fit in the AU? And what are the legalities in the way of fitment, do they have to be a certain standard. Just looking for something a bit more hugging around my body.

Old 25-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

they need to be ADR Compliant , Autobarn have some , depends on Stock and Designs

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Then there is getting them to fit as well ... usually having to get rails to suit ... and then bolting them in ... not sure if there are any that fit factory rails.

I was lookingat getting some LTD seats for the ute ... but then I quickly realised that they don't have the quick release back rest that is NEEDED for the utes ... bugger.

Oh well ... I guess my best option is get my current ones rebolstered for better support ... and re upholstered as well to whatever I want really. Also retaining full factory adjustments as well.

In doing so ... most likely cheaper than buying racing seats and having the headache of having them fitted
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends how 'hugging' you want I guess, but what about seats out of an XR? I noticed the difference when I got mine, they're much less of a sofa than the Fairmont seats.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

racing seats look so crap man.. don't ruin a nice interior by fitting tacky stuff like that...
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
Burley
CRE.87V

hey mate got a set of saas seats from autobarn for 830....blue and black...put them in gfs laser...cost 100 to fit....i would never put them in my xr....
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #7
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you use the saying " I live my life by a 1/4 mile at a time.. " atleast once a week.. go for it.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

The seats themselves are made to fit into anything, its the rails that are the important part to make sure they fit. You will need to get them engineered and I reckon you would have problems with the airbag/crash restraint systems as well.