Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-12-2006, 03:34 AM   #31
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
I feel strange driving without a deatbelt.. Always buckle up! (unless it's the chick in the passenger seat, giggity).
I feal strange without it to. I use2 not where it if i was only going to the shops which is like 1min away but i do now. Just didnt feal right not wearing it
Old 28-12-2006, 09:46 AM   #32
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

i allways wear one, get in, close the door and the belt goes on before the keys get in the ignition.....

the other side of this debate, a friend of mine worked for a towie in central/western queensland for over 15 years, and as a result, he's seen more than his fair share of prangs, and he says he'd rather die than live with some of the permenant injuries he's seen seatbels cause, and even the local cop gave up trying to get him to belt up.....
Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #33
BADan

I don't know why people don't wear it. Takes all of two seconds to get on, and can save your life. What reason would there be for not having it on? Baffling if you ask me.
BADan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #34
rynostation

you get kinda used to reaching behind your shoulder when you jump into the seat of a car, don't you?
Old 28-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #35
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

I have pesonally survived a bad accident by not wearing a seatbelt,car ran into a truck,and I was knocked out and fell across the bench seat,when I came too they were pulling me out of the wreck,the truck's tray was where my head would have been if I had the belt on.
I fractured my skull,and was out of hospital that same day.
Im not supporting not using seatbelts,but this happened to me,when its your time its your time I guess.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #36
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

i saw a girl pop out a windscreen with the top of her head because she wasnt wearing a belt. not a pretty sight. i also wrote off a car while wearing a belt and suffered whilash and grazing where the belt 'grabbed' my trousers and dragged them across my hip. and i walked away.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #37
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Picture this!!!
Boxing day going to Chadstone shopping centre heading down the freeway doing 110 km/h (keeping the traffic flowing smoothly) go to over take a slower car 90/95 km/h (Toyota Camry) look at the driver and what do I see, female Asian mid to late 30's driving, elderly lady (possibly her mother) in front passengers seat about 60yo, with a 3 or 4 y/o girl STANDING on her lap and playing with the sun visor, WTF!!! AND 3 other adults and 2 kids in the back, 8 people in a 5 seater car!!!!!, how the hell do these people get to drive a car?
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 10:55 AM   #38
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

i hate seat belts! i find them too restrictive, but i still wear one every time im in a car. i drove tow trucks for ten years. i've seen one person killed by a seat belt ( car rolled and roof pushed passenger into a position where the belt strangled him.) and i've seen far too many people killed by not wearing them. i have attended well over 20 fatal accidents over the years and that one was caused by unusual circumstances. i would much rather be a bit restricted than killed or crippled in an accident.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2006, 11:04 AM   #39
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

The only time a seat belt ever annoys me, is when my mum drives my car and she somehow manages to twist it.

But yeah, It's second nature for me, no sooner I'm in the car my seat belt is on...and always before I start the car.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post