Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-11-2006, 03:29 AM   #31
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Few threads amuse me, this is one of them!
Care to share why it's funny? Un-insured cars are not funny.

I haven't told my insurance company about my 5 speed. I figure that if they kick up a fuss, I'll say I bought it like that and had NO idea that it wasn't an option from factory on a fairmont. They can't prosecute me for that! I'm a ford NOOB.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 03:38 AM   #32
feebs
BrwnBstd

Dont feel too bad

We were about to pick up a new VZ lumina a couple of years ago (I know, had to do it!!) and we could not get it insured as they did not have it on their computer.

F''en idiots!

Tell them is was a factory option..
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #33
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
They can't prosecute me for that! I'm a ford NOOB.
No, but they can reject your claim.
Ignorance is no excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:52 AM   #34
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Ignorance is no excuse.
Bingo. Ignorance is not a valid defence against any charge.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #35
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eav8
I have ctp and nothing else. I live in country. I do all my own repairs. I don't drive like an idiot and I have not had insurance other than ctp since 1990. No accidents in all that time......oh crap I'd better get insurance now as I've just jinxed myself.
hmm

Better hope you (or anyone else driving your car) doesnt hit a BMW or MB, they will sue you for all you are worth when they find out you have no insurance, and the repair bills on those cars are HUGE

Better hope that anyone who hits you has comprehensive, because if they dont, you are both f%^cked

Better hope that when your car is stolen the thieves are good kind people who leave your car undamaged and dont keep it, otherwise you, my friend, are f%^cked

Better hope that when you have an accident that you have good health insurance, because all that is covered by ctp is the medical costs of the people in the car you hit, not yourself or your passenger

Less than 50% of cars on the road have anything more than ctp. This just makes it more compelling to get comprehensive yourself. Yes, it may be $1000 a year, but considering that travelling in motor vehicles is the most dangerous thing Aussies do in their day to day lives, isnt having some backup important??
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #36
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
If you ever have to try to get your car fixed after a crash through AAMI, you'll know why AAMI are best avoided. Most panel shops won't quote for AAMI work these days, as they make the repairers use 2nd hand or aftermarket parts, and take ages to pay up.
I kind of find that hard to believe.

When I had an accident in my EL Ghia a couple of months back, I rang them up, they had a towie at the scene in 30 mins. Car was taken away. Was at an assessing centre the next morning. I went and took my EL GT's and plates off the car, without a complaint from them.

It was assessed as a write off 2 days later (around $8k damage) by local panel shops, and I had $12.5k deposited into my account 2 days after that.

By all standards, I think thats a pretty good effort by an insurance company.

I think you will find that all insurance companies will use second hand / aftermaket / refurbished parts where possible. No where in the policy does it say they will use new parts. Only that they will return the car to a standard of repair consummate with the age of the vehicle.

Its turning to the point where all major insurance companies will only insure a car if the vehicle and options match the compliance plates and the wheel/tyre combo matches the sticker on the door. Anything else is shot off to people like Just Cars.

I know AAMI will insure a car with upto 3 modifications (and they can be whatever - wheels, kit, turbo, supercharger) if your 25 and over. They are essentialy trying to protect themselves and my premium from being affected by young hoons
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:45 AM   #37
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
Care to share why it's funny? Un-insured cars are not funny.

I haven't told my insurance company about my 5 speed. I figure that if they kick up a fuss, I'll say I bought it like that and had NO idea that it wasn't an option from factory on a fairmont. They can't prosecute me for that! I'm a ford NOOB.

It's not an issue of prosecution, that only occurs when you're defrauding an insurance company.

You have an obligation to disclose any information that's relevant to the insurance cover. They're not required to check this at the point of underwriting (why would they? The onus is on you and your duty to disclose).

However, when the time comes to pay that claim.... you dont have a proverbial to stand on.

Think that's bad? Prey to god that car isnt under finance, coz you read that fine print and you're committing some serious no-no's by voiding your insurance cover with undisclosed modifications.

Haha, and dont think that banks and insurance companies wont bankrupt you. It happens every day. It'll be happening right now, for reasons identical to this.

Duty of disclosure in common law is a beautiful thing. Means us honest insureds arent forced to cover the cost of them paying out on people who arent playing a fair game.

Quote:
Comminsure is Commincrap. They just contract out thru Alliance or something, I forget who exactly.
No, Comminsure (Commonwealth Insurance Ltd) are authorised to conduct insurance business in Australia. It may be the case that if they are presented with an unacceptable risk, they might act as broker and underwrite it to someone elses book.

But like i said before, its a ridgey didge insurer.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:24 PM   #38
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Thanks for that 4.9..

The car isn't under finance, and I just rang the insurance company and updated the mods.

All should be good now.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #39
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hooray for factory turbo manual E series fairmont ghias!

I wouldnt have thought that they could decline insurance over something so small but they are insurance companies afterall.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #40
LTDHO
The one and only

I love reading insurance threads! Very entertaining.

As said those who work at insurance companys as desk clerks, not motor heads. So don't expect them to have an idea. Remember to write a brief transcript of your call when starting or changing your policy including who you spoke to, times and dates. Put this info with your insurance policy. If you don't get the policy within 7 days call them back.
If you keep this info then you back is coverted, If the **** hits the fan, you can get the phone call retrieved.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #41
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

I'm using Young & Cool insurance on the commodore,

they take into account the time you were insured while you were on your L's aswell so im paying like as if im on rating 3 so im paying only ~$1200, where every where else i've been quoted ~$2200 under rating 5

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #42
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
aami rejected my car, it had cat back, wheels & stereo.
My car was insured with AAMI with those exact mods. I moved to Just Car when I lowered it, and received a discount because AAMI recommended I go to them (Just Car is an arm of AAMI) because AAMI couldn't insure my car as "lowered".

If we're going to talk prices, my mates sprint is insured full comp, for about $400 per year... he's 20 years old. A friend in the insurance business sure helped that one!
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #43
El_Poochino

RACV have just picked up there game, changing there conditions to cover nationwide theft claims. When I got the policy I asked what would happen if the car was stolen in NSW (as I study in NSW), and they told me I'd get a tough titties payout. Called up about a week later to follow it up (and cancel the policy if I wasn't covered) and they told me I have full coverage anywhere.
El_Poochino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:27 PM   #44
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poochino
RACV have just picked up there game, changing there conditions to cover nationwide theft claims. When I got the policy I asked what would happen if the car was stolen in NSW (as I study in NSW), and they told me I'd get a tough titties payout. Called up about a week later to follow it up (and cancel the policy if I wasn't covered) and they told me I have full coverage anywhere.
RACV have always covered Australia wide!

You were told BS.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #45
old_mate
Smash the Boost

i had my insurance cancelled thru CGU cos I put the T5 in the EL. So dont feel sad, your not the only one.

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #46
eav8

to nearly all who had a go at me for only having ctp.
anyone that has insurance with undisclosed mods (suspension, steering, wheels, seating, transmission, anything different from compliance plate) you are not insured.
Insurance companies WILL go over your car especially if you are at fault and if they find discrepencies will deem your insurance invalid.

Also I'm glad all you young blokes have so much free caqsh that you can all afford to pay upto $2000 per year for insurance. Not every body has that sort of disposable cash.
Also I would be lucky if I found an insurance co that would insure a clevo powered EA ther than possibly shannon's or something like that.
Last time I enquired into insurance through them I was required to have a fully lockable garage with a anchor point secured into a cement floor, also immobiliser and alarm fitted.
I agree if involved in an accident I would be severely out of pocket. BUT I own my car outright so I have no finance repayments to cover., Also if other person is insured their insurance would pay their costs and I would then have to pay their insurance co.
I can live with that.
Could any of you live with you UNDISCLOSED mod being blamed as the cause of accident, eg superlow suspension, modified suspension mounting points.
project #1: Ea series1 Spac conversion to straight gas; 351Cleveland; T5; EB dash; sunroof and more as I get to them. :evilsasmo
Fully road legal and cruising in QLD!!
---------------------------------------------------
Happy dealings with; PROTD, !gn!t!on, Big_waity,Phongus
eav8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #47
89 S-PACK

im currently with cgu atm.... im paying $17 a month for third party fire and theft so thats $204 a year.

and im only 22 and it was the first time ive actually had insurance so i thought mine wasnt too bad, and my exess is only $300 if i have to make a claim. but i cant let my little sister drive it now cos shes under 21 the exess is $700 if she hit anything im stuffed cos i cant afford that

the only mod ive listed is the lpg conversion and they where cool with that. but they did ask me about other mods but i dunno what had been done to the car previosly and the reason why i got insurance was that a p plater in ballarat hit me in a car park and we where both uninsured but she did 70 worth of damage to mine and i did the same amount so we called it even

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:11 PM   #48
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_TD
Just Car is the best for modified cars Josh. But like everyone is saying tell them that it is auto not manual. Less mods you tell them the cheaper it is too buddy
i'm with a company called "Young and Cool", crap name but good company.. beat Just Car by heaps with my insurance.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #49
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been with RACV for a few years now, I've informed them of every single mod/option I have adapted to the car.
I've never had an issue, and have always requested a 'current' printout of all mods listed and proof read to me over the phone.

EF2 GLi manual, cc conversion, cruise, suspension, wheels, towbar, tinted windows, electric windows, extractors, sports exhaust, spoiler.... the list goes on
agreed value and I only pay something like $630p.a

i dunno... it seems a lot of people have issues with companies.. I and the missus are yet to get reamed by one.