Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-10-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Noises after lowering

Hey all, thought I'd see if anyone has had any experience with this (I'm sure someone has!). I got my car lowered just over a week ago, on King Low's and short throw Boge shocks. All was great, handling is great, no noises, lovely. After taking a full car load of people for a drive though, a creaky sort of clunky noise started coming from the back on take off. It isn't there when driving on the flat, but I get it going over bumps, and after I take off from stopped. It sort of clunks, almost sounds like something loose in the boot (but it's not, I obviously checked the boot). I went back and they tightened a couple of bolts up (lower shock mount and a couple of others) and said see if that fixes it. Well it hasn't so I'm going back next week, but thought I'd see what experience people have had with dodgy noises after lowering to suggest to them. They said it might be springs, so they're going to 'wrap' them, but they also said if it's springs it shouldn't do it with a full car, but I went for a drive with 3 passengers today and it was worse! Help me!

mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Mine done the EXACT same thing. Took it back, and they put it up and retightened everything, as it loosens over the first couple of days. Never had a noise since. They said that sometimes some of the guys dont tighten it as much as they should, and with the car being lowered, it needs to be really tight.
Old 23-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine is squeekin in the rear driver side..
i think the spring isnt seated properly..