Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Performance mods for WS Fiesta

Hi guys! My girlfriend has a WS Fiesta Auto and just wondering if there are any basic easy mods out there for this car to improve acceleration? Popular CAI? K&N filter any good?

Just trying to improve acceleration a little as its a slug sometimes especially when the aircon is on (which is **** btw!!). I know autos arnt the best for small cars but she only has an auto license.

Cheers guys

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: Performance mods for WS Fiesta

If it's the WS then it's the 1.4 4 speed - don't waste a cent chasing "performance" from this engine transmission package. You could get a filter and exhaust but any gains will be killed by the transmission. Maybe sell it and upgrade to the WT or the 103kW 6 speed Kia Rio - did 0-100 in a measured 8.8 secs (vs fez 10.2) in a recent Motor mag test.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-02-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dont bother changing anything bud. The old 4 speed auto kills the little 1.4ltr. Might have to grin and bear it if she plans to keep it for a few years...

Hopefully she'll enjoy it as it is for a while anyway.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Fluxx - do the usuals. the intake and the zorst would be the best things.

next thing i would look at is a Bluefin for it (if its offered). Generally speaking the generic tune can change the shift points and can really transform the way the car drives.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

They do cams and exhaust manifold from European parts, but its hella expensive.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
Caydus

I always thought those ECU chips were snake oil. Also are they even legal in most states of Aus?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
cdafam
Fezvet

on such a small engine, i doubt any air intakes or filters would do the trick. the engine's capacity is built to undertake ever so much combustion in teh carb.

i'm not an expert on this but i always thought the a/c compressor (once turned on) would always cut the power of the engine compared to its normal capacity. going uphill is going to be a battle (even with my manual where i can obviously control revs and shift points).

best thing is, if she needs the extra zip uphill, then turn of the a/c temporarily and then while on flats she shouldn't have so much of an issue with acceleration unless she's circuit racing
cdafam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post