Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default WS - Ipod Connection

I everyone,

Just brought a iphone. We drive a WS Fiesta LX and it doesn't have USB port. My question is there any way I can change the mp3 plug to USB?

Thanks

How is everyone else Fiesta's going? The only thing we're not happy with is the rubber. They get coming off other than that great little car.

ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Firstly, congrats for buying an iPhone, you won't regret it. Except for the fact iPhone 4 is out this Friday!

As for the USB connection, a few guys in the UK have tried, and at last look they still can't retrofit the USB connection to the car. The USB connector requires a different head unit, so unfortunately no. Still, you can play your music through your iPhone and Ford Bluetooth. Apple are bringing out the ability to change tracks through your steering wheels controls with Bluetooth with iOS 4.1. Bring it on!
Old 26-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks reply mate. Yeah iphone 4 is out soon but heard that there is a few problems that still need to be addressed by Apple.

Now for the connection Bugger. Looks like I'll have to wait or try to talk the wife into selling my xr6 and get a G6E turbo. Problem solved.........lol.

Once again thanks for the info mate.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get an adaptor that converts your power source (ciggy lighter) to USB. I have a couple of these. They work a treat
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Thanks reply mate. Yeah iphone 4 is out soon but heard that there is a few problems that still need to be addressed by Apple.

Now for the connection Bugger. Looks like I'll have to wait or try to talk the wife into selling my xr6 and get a G6E turbo. Problem solved.........lol.
Hahahahaha! That'll work a treat!

MotherNature, the connection we're taking about makes your iPod/iPhone/iPad sync with your HMI so that you can view the playing track, setup playlists through Voice Control and skip tracks through the steering wheel controls and audio controls.
Old 26-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahhhh k I figured that it was just the USB port you needed

So its actually a USB to MP3 convertor thats needed. Will see if I can get one through work
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post