Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Default Battery still draining - bluetooth?

Hey everyone!

Just hoping if someone can give me some insight to this issue before i spend anymore money.

My car is a Ford Fiesta 2009 WS.

Around 2+ years ago, I hit a speed bump at high speeds. After that, my electrical went all weird. Bluetooth stopped working, and my radio sometimes wont turn on. My headlight will pop after 2 weeks of a new globe alternating between the left and right one.

About 6 months after that, my battery started to become weaker, and got worse over time. It got to the point where my car will run flat after 3 days of not driving. (This was not so much of an issue then because i had to use my car everyday).

A year ago, i finally got around taking it to the electrical mechanics. He did a full check, and i ended up spending about 900 on a new alternator and battery. After that, my headlights are fine and my radio works. (bluetooth was still dead).

A month after that, my car started to die again, and like before, it started getting worse and worse. Now, if i leave my car inactive for more than 2 days, it dies. (which is bad since i work at home now).

Last week, i took my car to the mechanics to get my car serviced, and i just mentioned the electrical problem i had. He was kind enough to test the voltages and he said it looks fine.

So i am pretty confused on whats going on here. The only real i can see thats still not working since the beginning is the bluetooth. Could that be draining my power? I occasionally get this ABS malfunction msg but i was told it is because my battery is low on power.

Does anyone have any insight to this issue? Are there any recommendations on electrical mechanics?

Thanks!

-Bryan

bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post