Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
Rapid260

Default ticking sound on start up

G'day all,

Need a little help here,

I have a noise coming from the motor when i first start my car in the morning, it has only happened a couple of times, , I am in the habit of letting idle for a minute or two before pulling out of the drive way, but the last time it happened it last for a few minutes & about 2km down the road, you can only be hear it at idle or just above.

As this is my first new car the only thing I could say it sounds like is a ticking noise like a tappit not working right, like the cars in old days.

I have a april 05 BA XR8 ute with about 5000km on it, at 3000km I installed a SS induction & twin 2 1/2" cat back, I never heard the noise before putting these mods on, if the computer needed time to ajust for the new mods i would of thought 2000km would've been ample.

Any help would be great.

Kev.

Rapid260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
fat289
fat289

its the timing chain tensioner
take it in for warranty
they have a service bulletin on the problem !!

XRGT
XP ute 351w Toploader
99 Springer softail
XW Fairmont 302w / c4 col shift 58,000 miles
fat289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Rapid260

Cheers fat,

When i get home in 5 wks, i'll get that sorted.
Rapid260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post