Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-12-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
LTDHO
The one and only

Default Shine a Light on Road Trauma

The thing that TAC have been talking about all week and today refers to this:
Link

Now in working in the industry now for over ten years and seeing the road toll drop 60% over 20 years, I have to agree that TAC have contributed to saving lives. We can not forget that in 1989 we didn't have ABS, that was about 1992 and multible air bags that was not until 1994 (drivers only for most cars) for Ford and Holden.
Since 1992 the road toll has only dropped by 24%. So it is safe to say, (no pun intended) not much has altered in 16 years.

In fact 1993, 1995, 1996, 2000 and 2001 were all higher than 1992.
From 1992 we have had safer cars and lower road speeds.

Personally I don't see why there is a need to have a distraction of lights on during the day to mark the 20th year of the TAC.

Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
kocho
The Futuriser

I thought having your headlights on during the day was a safety thing? Isn't that why Telstra have theirs on all the time?

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

This is a really great idea by the TAC, it won't make motorbikes harder to see at all.

/sarcasm.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #4
john3136

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
This is a really great idea by the TAC, it won't make motorbikes harder to see at all.

/sarcasm.

Remember when bikes had the headlight on all the time by law as a "safety feature"?
It was always good fun riding home from work with the sun behind you blending into the light. Come to think of it, my 2 major bike prangs were with hardwired headlight and sun behind me (although one did involve a combi van driver with blood alcohol of .15, so the sun probably didn't matter ;-)

Didn't see too many lights on the morning - certainly no more than any other day.
john3136 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post