Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
LT5PLA

Default Accesories for the new fiesta zetecs?

Hi guys my mrs has a 2010 ford fiesta zetec 5 door hatch =) in frozen white...

Im looking at doing some mods to it but i cant seem to find anyone selling any accesories for them in aus? Can any one point me in the right direction. I mean ebay has stuff but i dont really wanna order from engalnd lol

also are side skirts availble for the 5 door hatch , the 3 doors have nice side skirts and i think the 5 door misses them.

LT5PLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/

That is all the site you'll ever need, apart from side skirts. Aussie options are very limited. You won't need to look much further, the service is good, prices are reasonable, and the product is great. Look at the short throw shifter, have it and love it, get the K&N panel filter, alloy pedals, illuminated door sills and gear lever, and she'll be looking fly (The Fiesta I mean). Frozen White is especially sexy.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Frozen White is especially sexy.
Biased much???

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
paulo7

Default sideskirts

Hi Lt5,

if it is any use to you I have considered modifying the 3-door Zetec sideskirt. I think all it needs is to be cut back (to fit the bottom rear edge of rear door), bogged up and carefully sanded to blend in. That's if you or a mate are a bit hands on.
Alternatively, I've measured the Mazda2 sideskirt and I think it also could be modified but perhaps a lot more work...
Or... I'm keeping my eye out for an American one that hopefully will hit the market soon.
cheers
paulo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
paulo7

DoH!!

just read the other thread that was restarted re side skirts...

And yes, white is sexy...
paulo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
Biased much???
Much
Old 11-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
trento
Audiophile

silver is sexier... I have sparkles

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
shroomies49

Vision is much sexier.... My sparkles sparkle more than urs Trento!

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 AM   #9
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomies49
Vision is much sexier.... My sparkles sparkle more than urs Trento!
I have to agree with shroomies, vision is by far the most sexy and most sparkly. Of course I am 100% unbiased
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:

That is all the site you'll ever need, apart from side skirts. Aussie options are very limited. You won't need to look much further, the service is good, prices are reasonable, and the product is great. Look at the short throw shifter, have it and love it, get the K&N panel filter, alloy pedals, illuminated door sills and gear lever, and she'll be looking fly (The Fiesta I mean). Frozen White is especially sexy.
I was surprised and dissapointed that European parts don't stock5 door side skirts. Can't find any places inthe U.S that stock them and ship internationally either.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Send them an email. Ask if they can get them, most likely they can. I asked for a few items that were not on their website, and they were able to track them down easy.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:00 PM   #12
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Good idea Danny, I've just shot an email off to them.

Hmmm...5-door side-skirts group buy anyone??
Old 13-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
Oriory

Oh my god, Supercharger kit! I want it now
Oriory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #14
Foobar
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
Good idea Danny, I've just shot an email off to them.
Hmmm...5-door side-skirts group buy anyone??
Possibly, depending on landed price of course. Don't forget you have to keep it under $1K to avoid duty/GST.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #15
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriory
Oh my god, Supercharger kit! I want it now
lol, get in line.

Old 14-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you search youtube, there is a guy who's got some vids of his new fez with a supercharger on it apparently... its pretty quick anyway in the vids.

The illuminated gear knob is a good accessory to get, feels heaps better in the hand than the standard one. And the alloy pedals are easy to fit yourself.

The short shifter sounds good, might have to get one myself
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Ms_Jam

Shroomiew49,

Just noticed you have a Clic On system for your GPS.

Do you have it mounted on the pillar on the right? What size screen do you have? Do you use a cable to charge it? If so, how did you stick it on, around the dash, so it doesn't get in the way?

I don't have a GPS yet, but I see the prices are falling.

Initially I has hoped my iPhone 3gs would do the job by just buying a maps app. But a bit of research suggested that a stand-alone GPS works much better.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #18
JClarke
Deaf Driver

@ Ms_Jam
I could partily answer your Q - I have navman S150 GPS (over 4 inch wide) hooked on the right side pillar with the GPS charged, my car charger is not the standard one, since it was damaged, so I bought a new one for $4 which has 1m cable (attached to the charger) - I put the cable around the back of the steering wheel, into to the GPS - doesn't interfere at all. hope this helps a bit.
Old 15-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar
Possibly, depending on landed price of course. Don't forget you have to keep it under $1K to avoid duty/GST.
Quote:

European Parts DO stock 5-door Zetec Skirts, but because I didn't ask for a price in the email I sent none was given in the reply. They shouldn't be too much more than the 3 door ones you'd think.

Hey Foobar re:duty, I bought two bumper skins from European Parts about 4 years ago (less than $1k, it was maybe $700) and paid about $200-250 in duty.

I'm not too savvy on how international shipping works and if money can be saved by ordering in bulk etc
Old 15-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #20
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Accesories for the new fiesta zetecs?

I got a pretty big order the EP that was around $700. Didn't cost me anything in import fees as it's under $1000. Even so, they just dodge the invoice price so it gets under the 1K barrier :-)
Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #21
LT5PLA

question guys , is the main headlight bulb in the zetec a h7?? looking at replacing them with some philips crystal visions
Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #22
LT5PLA

also need to take the car back to ford... passenger seat bolt that hold the seat in place came loose and just popped out?? pretty dangerous if you ask me... tried to screw it back in and it will only go half way? strange