Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #271
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

Default Re: Panic Attacks

Great thread guys.
For most of my life I thought my anxiety was "normal" and I've learned to conceal it over the years until lately it has become to much of an issue. The energy required to conceal it is now too great.... my own wife of 11 years just thought I was being an a'hole all this time lol
My GP referred me for Hypnotherapy and after just 2 sessions I can see an improvement.... just last week I travelled to Sydney with the wife and 3 kids, rode the train into Central then returned home during peak hour and I managed to not murder anybody!!! lol
Old 27-09-2015, 04:52 AM   #272
XG_Falcon

Panic attacks are one of the only things I can honestly say i wouldn't wish on my worst enemies.
XG_Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-09-2015, 10:06 AM   #273
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you all for sharing your experiences, it helps to know one is not alone.
best wishes to you all.
Bill.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #274
stang65
FPRJET

Quote "Uranium Death"

I've always been anxious, but my last six months haven't been good...

One day at work I had this awful feeling of dread. Stomach was uncomfortable, was slightly dizzy and occasionally seeing stars...

But eventually went away...

But earlier this year and mostly at night, I'll get into bed and all of a sudden my head focuses purely on my heart and its rate. Problem is that more you worry, the faster the heart gets.
As the heart gets faster, you're worried you're going to die of a heart attack (and sometimes it feels like you will)...the first time, I had 2-3 panic climaxes in an hour and was considering getting up and asking the folks to drive me to hospital as I actually thought my heart was packing in...

But as I have had more, I realise that nothing has ever happened.

My last peak was some time ago, though several nights ago I think I averted another one.

I basically try to reassure myself that nothing is wrong, and it's my ******* mind trying to **** me about. Sorry about the language, but that is what it seems like. Once I reassure myself, I tend to even out...

Keep in mind, I don't smoke, drink excessively or do drugs, thought I do consider my extended family to be insane (Mum's side in actual fact)...

Now I have a constant tightness in my chest and throat, and I am sure that is due to tightness in my back etc. due to tension.

I play tennis and I have no problem breathing or maintaining fitness. I have hard my heart checked and my pressure only very slightly high, but that may also have been because I was nervous (I hate blood pressure machines)...

My biggest problem is my pulse. I check it all the time to make sure my heart is beating at a normal rate...but not as much as before. There was a time I would count 10 seconds and count how many heartbeats.

RIght now, I have the tightness in the throat and upper chest and I've had it for a bit...

I have noticed though that if I don't think about it, I don't even notice it and I feel fine...

I probably only really recognised my 'condition' a few months ago, but I sort of feel I'm in more control than before...

Well, it's been great sharing and certainly helpful for me. I hope others can gain at least one thing from what I've written, even if it is disjointed

Exactly what I`m going through bp went 200/115 doctor sent me to emergency a year ago (needless to say I thought I was a goner, my cardiologist when I first met him just joked and said don`t tell me the doctor told you could die Make matters worst it was Christmas so it took a month to get an appointment with the cardiologist.constant tightness in chest. My first blood pressure reading is 150/100 my final after 3 tries generally is 120/80 if I get my breathing right.

Last edited by stang65; 03-06-2016 at 09:55 PM. Reason: wrong quote
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #275
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I still battle day by day with them but not so much physical symptons ( feeling sick, trouble breathing etc ) but more physcological. Im constantly worried about something or feel as if something bad has happened. Im currently off antidepressants and am training at the gym flat out which helps alot, but im considering getting back on the tablets to help social anxiety etc. Take each day as it comes though. Hopefully when i get my licence back next month and can drive my car again it might help that little bit more.
Old 13-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #276
nearlythere

Been a while hows things
nearlythere is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2023, 09:29 PM   #277
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearlythere View Post
Been a while hows things

Still get the occasional increase in anxiety levels for no justifiable reason. But I know they are only temporary and will soon pass. Most important things for me are I have no problems falling asleep nor do I need to look for a toilet as soon as I am not near one.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post