Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 17-03-2024, 06:30 PM   #1861
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobman View Post
So many Genuine parts are Made in China now, it's disappointing.

Even "Genuine" BA headlights as we know are made by TYC, with Ford stamped on the back. Terrible, cheap and nasty compared to the Hella ones.

SZ Territorys seemed to have considerably more Chinese Genuine Ford parts than SX/SY, e.g. floor mats, air con condenser. It's a real shame.
Yep agree but its because with no production continued spare parts supply have to be resourced to other suppliers to be able to keep specific parts available since the original suppliers in Australia have shut their Australian subsidaries or totally shut up shop.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 19-03-2024, 09:39 PM   #1862
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Hi Legend, how have you been?.

just wondering if you can tell me what this item is suitable for as the listing says Fg Fgx - Sx Sy Sz Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. Part number - 8R2Z12A647 AA

Many Thanks
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2024, 10:04 PM   #1863
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
Hi Legend, how have you been?.

just wondering if you can tell me what this item is suitable for as the listing says Fg Fgx - Sx Sy Sz Ambient Air Temperature Sensor. Part number - 8R2Z12A647 AA

Many Thanks
Hi mate, busy as all ways.

That part is the little ambient ait temp sensor that sits in the passenger underside mirror of FG to FGX Falcon and SY to SZ2 Territory.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

GT
Old 20-03-2024, 04:09 PM   #1864
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi mate, busy as all ways.

That part is the little ambient ait temp sensor that sits in the passenger underside mirror of FG to FGX Falcon and SY to SZ2 Territory.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

GT

Yes thank you GT. dunno why the seller put the SX bit in?. there was a previous question re BA/BF memory mirrors assemblies and i presume they are no longer available ?.

keep looking after yourself.

cheers

[thanks again for your time]

Ps. found another seller [ebay] claiming fits BA/BF/FG/SY/SZ!. same part number too.
Old 20-03-2024, 05:34 PM   #1865
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes thank you GT. dunno why the seller put the SX bit in?. there was a previous question re BA/BF memory mirrors assemblies and i presume they are no longer available ?.

keep looking after yourself.

cheers

[thanks again for your time]

Ps. found another seller [ebay] claiming fits BA/BF/FG/SY/SZ!. same part number too.
They put in SX because they are none the wiser, they came into Territory 20/3/2009 on. BA BF Mirrors are long gone, well genuine anyway, maybe aftermarket do one?

BA BF never had the ambient air temp sensor in the mirror.
Old 20-03-2024, 07:45 PM   #1866
nc_fairlane

Quote:
They put in SX because they are none the wiser, they came into Territory 20/3/2009 on. BA BF Mirrors are long gone, well genuine anyway, maybe aftermarket do one?

BA BF never had the ambient air temp sensor in the mirror.
Hi GT, BA/BF did have the ambient temp sensor in the LH mirror. BA17683CP & BA17683EP had the sensor. BA17683DP - Did not have the sensor.
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2024, 08:23 PM   #1867
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fairlane View Post
Hi GT, BA/BF did have the ambient temp sensor in the LH mirror. BA17683CP & BA17683EP had the sensor. BA17683DP - Did not have the sensor.
Sorry yeh correct I meant that was available as a separate part. I should have worded it better.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-03-2024, 11:18 PM   #1868
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Hi GT, could you advise if the electric adjustable pedal boxes are different in any way between BA and BF Fairmont Ghia/Fairlanes please?
Robbos in Melbourne have both BA and BF in stock and reckon that they're different. I've fitted half a dozen to BA and BF cars over the years, but they've all been BF Fairlane pedal boxes, so I have nothing to compare to a BA power type.
I do know that the Territory pedal box is completely different to BA/BF, maybe that's what Robbo is talking about?
I might have to give him a call perhaps.

Linz's 2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute

2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2024, 07:00 AM   #1869
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linz View Post
Hi GT, could you advise if the electric adjustable pedal boxes are different in any way between BA and BF Fairmont Ghia/Fairlanes please?
Robbos in Melbourne have both BA and BF in stock and reckon that they're different. I've fitted half a dozen to BA and BF cars over the years, but they've all been BF Fairlane pedal boxes, so I have nothing to compare to a BA power type.
I do know that the Territory pedal box is completely different to BA/BF, maybe that's what Robbo is talking about?
I might have to give him a call perhaps.
Hi Linz,

From what I can work out yes there are different pedal boxes but the change was during BA not into BF. See if I can explain it below. In saying that I am only going by part number and not sure what the difference is, so if they are interchangeable or not I am not sure. From parts when you buy a pedal box it comes with the brake pedal.

1. 1/7/2002 to 30/4/2003: Auto Only BA2450H

2. 1/5/2003 on: Auto Only Plain Pedal BAF2450K

3. 1/10/2005 on: Auto Only Sports Pedal BAF2450E

I think number 3 and 2 are the same except for the sports pedal pad, but not 100% sure.

Below is all the BA BF Pedal Box combinations.

BA BF Pedal Boxes.png

Hope this helps..

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2024, 07:53 AM   #1870
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gtlegend, any luck with a FG/FGX driver's window?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2024, 09:34 AM   #1871
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

Quote:
Hi Linz,

From what I can work out yes there are different pedal boxes but the change was during BA not into BF. See if I can explain it below. In saying that I am only going by part number and not sure what the difference is, so if they are interchangeable or not I am not sure. From parts when you buy a pedal box it comes with the brake pedal.

1. 1/7/2002 to 30/4/2003: Auto Only BA2450H

2. 1/5/2003 on: Auto Only Plain Pedal BAF2450K

3. 1/10/2005 on: Auto Only Sports Pedal BAF2450E

I think number 3 and 2 are the same except for the sports pedal pad, but not 100% sure.

Below is all the BA BF Pedal Box combinations.

Attachment 107109

Hope this helps..

GT
That's great, thanks GT

Linz's 2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute

2004 Winter White BA RTV Ute...HIS

2024 Titan Grey Hyundai Tucson Highlander...HERS
Linz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2024, 11:36 AM   #1872
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR Martin View Post
Gtlegend, any luck with a FG/FGX driver's window?
Obsolete and long gone unfortunately..
Old 23-03-2024, 07:03 PM   #1873
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Evening Legend

just wondering if this item is from an FG ute.

thanks
[again]
Old 23-03-2024, 11:17 PM   #1874
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Evening Legend

just wondering if this item is from an FG ute.

thanks
[again]
Based on that tag, it should be the below:

UTILITY HOUSING - REAR AXLE, WITH M86 SERIES AXLE, TAG ID:8R29/G*, TAG ID:8R29/H*, TAG ID:8R29/J*, TAG ID:8R29/K*, TAG ID:8R29/L*, TAG ID:8R29/M*, TAG ID:8R29/N*, TAG ID:8R29/S* (2.73, REAR AXLE LESS LIMITED SLIP DIFF, 4 WHEEL ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR REAR AXLE LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, LESS ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR 3.73)
Old 24-03-2024, 11:05 AM   #1875
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Based on that tag, it should be the below:

UTILITY HOUSING - REAR AXLE, WITH M86 SERIES AXLE, TAG ID:8R29/G*, TAG ID:8R29/H*, TAG ID:8R29/J*, TAG ID:8R29/K*, TAG ID:8R29/L*, TAG ID:8R29/M*, TAG ID:8R29/N*, TAG ID:8R29/S* (2.73, REAR AXLE LESS LIMITED SLIP DIFF, 4 WHEEL ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR REAR AXLE LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL, LESS ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM OR 3.73)

thanks, but is it from an FG tho?.
Old 24-03-2024, 08:13 PM   #1876
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thanks, but is it from an FG tho?.
Yes FG, the 8 in front of 8R29 refers to 2008..
Old 25-03-2024, 02:24 PM   #1877
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Yes FG, the 8 in front of 8R29 refers to 2008..

awesome many thanks for that info GT.

now just waiting on seller.......