Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
black13
born to be mild

Default LV MKII hatch

I had a look at a 2010 LV MKII auto yesterday at a large Adelaide dealer, took the car for a drive, it felt great to me. We sort of arrived at a price to get the vehicle. The only thing that has confused/concerned me is the kms, 26000k. I queried them about this & they say it was a second car for the previous owner. The car looks great, its for minister for war & finance, she cant drive a manual. The dealer gives a guaranteed title with the sale. Should I get a revs check or just go with my gut feeling?
here is a link to the car http://ninemsn.carsales.com.au/deale.../?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

your thoughts & input is appreciated

black13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #2
bluetvrs1
Territory TDCi AWD

Default Re: LV MKII hatch

I wouldn't fret about the low mileage.

My Mrs has had her Suzuki Vitara for just over one year (from new) and it's showing 6,000km. On that basis, hers will be showing 24,000km after 4 years......some people just don't use their cars enough!
bluetvrs1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

It actually looks more like a Mk1, should have y-spoke wheels and Sony audio in a Mk11.
A bit more like this

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de.../?Cr=2&sdmvc=1
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2014, 11:51 PM   #4
bugmesome
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy View Post
It actually looks more like a Mk1, should have y-spoke wheels and Sony audio in a Mk11.
Nicely spotted there. OP should bring this up with the dealer and use it as an excuse to knock some off the price... (depending on how much you value the extra features, or more importantly, how much the dealer thinks you value them...)

Aside from above, the only other new feature that the LV Mk II had (I think, someone correct me if wrong) is the Ford SYNC Bluetooth and voice recognition. The button for that is on the volume control stalk at approx. 8 o'clock behind the steering wheel. Again, you may or may not care...

Edit: Did the LV Focus come with rear parking sensors, even as an option? I thought no. But your car has suggestive-looking 4 dots on the rear bumper...

Last edited by bugmesome; 26-08-2014 at 11:59 PM.
bugmesome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
partsguy
Fan of torque steer

Reverse sensors were a dealer fit accessory only. Bluetooth with voice control, USB port are all mk2 features, so yes, I'd be using it a as leverage for a better price or a reason to look for a mk2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 LZ Focus ST, Frozen white with tech pack. Mountune intercooler, intake, Mountune sports cat, Mountune cat-back and Cobb stage 3 tune. FSwerks short shift and the best performance upgrade yet - Michelin Pilot Sport 4's. Quaife LSD.
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post