Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
craigdmb
Starter Motor

Default Auto Zetec?

Hi Guys,

Have test driven an auto Zetec and love it. Only given it a run around Ballarat. No opportunity to test it on hills or anything like that. I dont know how to drive a manual, Im getting lessons and Im picking it up quite well... but I guess Im just not enjoying it. Im so used to automatics. Is the fiesta 1.4 that gutless? Id be driving around town in Ballarat mainly, and the occasional freeway trip to Melbourne. Because I really really like the car and am looking to purchase soon.

Does anyone have one and can share some thoughts?

craigdmb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Brisbane XR5
Starter Motor

My mother picked up her new Zetec Auto last week, and while it has less torque than her previous Fiesta Auto, I think it's perfectly fine for a small auto.

We test drove a CL Auto in a very hilly area in Brisbane, and her car (run on 95RON) goes much better than the demo, which was probably running on E10..

Ask the dealer to take another longer test drive covering hills and highway driving to make sure you're happy with the performance.

I would choose a manual myself, but if you like the Auto, go for it!

The other car we considered was the Mazda2, but it didn't measure up when compared to the Zetec.
Brisbane XR5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Auto for Auto alot of people buy the Mazda 2 the choice isn't clear cut like it in the manuals. So maybe drive the Mazda 2 also if you don't want a manual Fiesta. Your fuel economy will be infinitely better with the manual box
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
doctamick

Here's an informal "discussion" along the same lines...
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=64244&vf=1
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post