Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-04-2023, 11:21 AM   #1
Sparkz181
Starter Motor

Angry 2011 FORD MONDEO MC Transmission issue

I have a 2011 FORD MONDEO TDCi Auto(DCT) MB, MC GXXGB 05/2010~04/2015 4 Door Wagon FWD DIESEL 2.0 litre, TXBA (D4204T7) I4 16v DOHC Turbo CRD {120kW} I had the dual clutch transmission rebuilt through FORD in Victoria, Australia.
The trans was sent out to be rebuilt after being assessed at FORD, as it just kept dropping gears.
The trans runs OK but I have an intermittent issues that only occurs every now and then.
When I have stopped at a traffic light etc, foot on the brake, the car body lurches forward and back without actually moving the wheels. It feels like a person who is dizzy or has vertigo.
Took it back to FORD they couldn’t find any codes etc, (Apparently this trans does not keep the codes I was told. I have a very good scanner myself an Autel MaxiSys MS906 and it showed no codes either (I did this before I took it to FORD) They said they reset some fuel stuff but it never did this before the rebuilt trans was fitted.
What I have noticed that when the car does this fault, the fuel Lt/hr indicator on the dash changes and I have pics and vids.
Normally in Park or Neutral 0.8-0.9 Lt/hr
Normally in gear 1.1 Lt/hr
Fault figures range from 1.7-4.2 Lt/hr Average is 2.7 Lt/hr but it does vary at times. It doesn't matter what gear the trans is in (DRNP!@#etc), even with every electrical device switched on or off the car still surges.
I hope someone can help provide some advice etc as I have already spent quite a tidy sum of money to have the trans rebuilt plus additional cost for FORD to look at it again not to find any fault.
Thanks in Advance
Steve
Sparkz181 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post