Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #31
stiddy
Banned

Not a Raptor charger is it?
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #32
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
What i find really expensive from the capa kits is the aluminium mounting bracket, which they want $995 for. Im sure you could make one up easily if you had the template or take it to someone and it could be done for less than 3-400.

Tell me about it, way over priced, $300 yes I would buy one. I am currently on my way to fabbing one, if your in no hurry I can pass it on, but I may be a while, other priorities ATM.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 PM   #33
BFD83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

does anyone know if there are places in Brisbane that specialize in superchargers for falcons apart from RDP?
BFD83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 AM   #34
Bundy
All Ford Club Life Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent83
does anyone know if there are places in Brisbane that specialize in superchargers for falcons apart from RDP?

Apparently Mark at Power Torque is a Guru, although alot of his work is from the dark side (and boy do some of them boogie out at drags) he's ford trained from way back.

Worked AU XR8 Ute - Toy

Std FG XR6T Ute - Daily

Supercharged BA 6 Ute - Wife's daily

351W F150 93 XLT 4x4 Supercab
Bundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM   #35
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Yeah the guys at power Torque have pushed out a few falcons lately. Ive seen a few around. And bundy your right when you say those things they make on the darkside are very quick. I saw one of there cars run 585 rwhp naturally aspirated. It was a 6 ltr senator and wow at idol sound stock looked stock (except for the Power Torque sticker) then they wound it up on the dyno and scared the !@#$ out of everyone looking on!

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #36
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
None of the kits capa sells have ADR/EPA approval.
That's not what CAPA say. Please explain?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:36 PM   #37
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
That's not what CAPA say. Please explain?
Did you get a copy of their ADR/EPA approvel documents to verify what they "told you". I have one of their kits fitted to my car and although i have never been defected i have been warned that i need to get it engineered & pass an emissions check, i have mates who have been nailed for having the kit fitted.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #38
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAUXR8
I saw one of there cars run 585 rwhp naturally aspirated. It was a 6 ltr senator and wow at idol sound stock looked stock (except for the Power Torque sticker) then they wound it up on the dyno and scared the !@#$ out of everyone looking on!
585rwhp n/a and it idol'd like a stockie :
Old 03-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #39
eXi7w0unD

is it possible to put 2 superchargers onto the au engine? cus if seen a pic of a car with a supercharger supercharging a supercharger....
Old 03-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #40
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Did you get a copy of their ADR/EPA approvel documents to verify what they "told you". I have one of their kits fitted to my car and although i have never been defected i have been warned that i need to get it engineered & pass an emissions check, i have mates who have been nailed for having the kit fitted.
I haven't bought one yet. Justin told me that when they send you the ADR/EPA documentation you take it with you to get the car engineered, so you don't have to pass the emissions test to get the engineer's certificate. Of course this will only apply to an otherwise standard engine.

The local certifying engineer told me that if you have an exhaust as well, it will only have to pass a noise test if it has the original O2 sensor fitted.

If your engine has other mods (eg camshaft) then you would have to do the full emissions test to be totally legal.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 03-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #41
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
I haven't bought one yet. Justin told me that when they send you the ADR/EPA documentation you take it with you to get the car engineered, so you don't have to pass the emissions test to get the engineer's certificate. Of course this will only apply to an otherwise standard engine.

The local certifying engineer told me that if you have an exhaust as well, it will only have to pass a noise test if it has the original O2 sensor fitted.

If your engine has other mods (eg camshaft) then you would have to do the full emissions test to be totally legal.
If the kit has the required certification (ADR's) why does it still need to be engineered ???, emsissions is another matter again.

Basically the engineer's cert is to make sure it's been installed safley and legally & that the car isn't massively stressed, my capa kit won't pass an engineer's cert as the pod filter isn't boxed and the bypass valves arn't plummbed back. This is a stock capa kit so be very very carefull, hat they say and what is the truth are 2 very different things.

When you buy one of the APS kits for the xr6T you bolt it on and off you go, you don't require an engineeer's cert at all.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #42
The Mighty Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
What i find really expensive from the capa kits is the aluminium mounting bracket, which they want $995 for. Im sure you could make one up easily if you had the template or take it to someone and it could be done for less than 3-400.
If this is true then that is gross overcharging , you could go to an engineer and have a one off bracket made up for half that...... CAPA must be big time rogues.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #43
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our Blue XR6
If this is true then that is gross overcharging , you could go to an engineer and have a one off bracket made up for half that...... CAPA must be big time rogues.
When you have the market cornered and our the only dist in the country you can charge what you like.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #44
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Whichis why this kit will shake things up, and provide an easy to install (and remove) alternative to the bargain turbo kits already in the market.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #45
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Whichis why this kit will shake things up, and provide an easy to install (and remove) alternative to the bargain turbo kits already in the market.
WHat are the turbo kits worth. I doubt it'll shake things up much, vortech have a good rep here in aus & none of the other brands have really taken off althought there are better and cheaper varients available.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #46
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Snort's kits start at $3999 on his site but need extra parts. CAPA cheaper kits are powerdyne based, not Vortech. CAPA don't even market an AU Vortech kit.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:04 AM   #47
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Snort's kits start at $3999 on his site but need extra parts. CAPA cheaper kits are powerdyne based, not Vortech. CAPA don't even market an AU Vortech kit.
Ah ok, so what would a base kit cost to setup.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 AM   #48
XR6_BABE
Banned

Quote:
What sort of KW's would you get from one of these snort kits on a stock AU?
XR6_BABE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #49
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
If the kit has the required certification (ADR's) why does it still need to be engineered ???, emsissions is another matter again.
The engineer has to certify that the car meets all ADR's, including emissions, which most can't test for themselves. So he can either send the car to Sydney for an emissions test or rely on CAPA's testing and paperwork.

Quote:
Basically the engineer's cert is to make sure it's been installed safley and legally & that the car isn't massively stressed, my capa kit won't pass an engineer's cert as the pod filter isn't boxed and the bypass valves arn't plummbed back. This is a stock capa kit so be very very carefull, hat they say and what is the truth are 2 very different things.
OK so before I fork out my hard-earned I'll check these issues out with the engineer. Ideally I'd ask CAPA to send the engineer a copy of their installation manual so he can tell me whether it's all kosher before I start. I'd be happy to pay for an hour of his time up front to save hassles later. I'm still a few weeks away from having the cost of the kit saved up... I'll post the outcome after I talk to the engineer again.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #50
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
The engineer has to certify that the car meets all ADR's, including emissions, which most can't test for themselves. So he can either send the car to Sydney for an emissions test or rely on CAPA's testing and paperwork.

OK so before I fork out my hard-earned I'll check these issues out with the engineer. Ideally I'd ask CAPA to send the engineer a copy of their installation manual so he can tell me whether it's all kosher before I start. I'd be happy to pay for an hour of his time up front to save hassles later. I'm still a few weeks away from having the cost of the kit saved up... I'll post the outcome after I talk to the engineer again.
OK sounds like you guys have different rules down there, up here the engineer doesn't do the emissions or sound testing the epa does.

Thats the best solution mate, im not trying to give you a hard time i'm just giving you the issues that myself and my mates have had. Each state is different so best to check the rules where your from as they do differ from state to state.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:04 PM   #51
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XRQTOR you have a PM :1syellow1

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #52
realor

I will be interested to see how these kits perform, what does everyone think could your average backyard mechanic fit one of these kits or would it need special knowledge?
realor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #53
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Ah ok, so what would a base kit cost to setup.
The targeted $3500 kit would be install (DIY-able) + tuning. If you already have a flash tuner, then the only extra cost should be the dyno + tuners time (if they charge for re-tunes.)
Old 04-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #54
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by realor
I will be interested to see how these kits perform, what does everyone think could your average backyard mechanic fit one of these kits or would it need special knowledge?
If you can do the belt (very easy with the AUs), bolt up a bracket, bolt on the blower to the bracket, fit the intake/outlet pipes, you're fine to do yourself.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #55
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Any pics or links?
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #56
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

pics coming soon!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #57
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very interested to see where this goes. I was looking at doing a water injection turbo setup, but this for a similar price, I'm certainly rubbing my hands together!

But is fueling taken care of in the kit? Would it require similar to a turbo running 9psi? Pump, injectors, rr regulator? Could the stock ECU handle it?

Apologies about my n00bness when it comes to forced induction.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:34 PM   #58
EX-Y494

Hope they do become a Site Sponsors. I think their would be a lot of Interest in putting supercharger on then a turbo and at that price a lot cheaper then capa.
I don't know a lot bout supercharges but can they be upgraded, intercoolers etc.
C2R body kit, 2 1/2 cat back Exhaust, Red Diamond 2800rpm stall converter
BA front brakes, BA air box with pod
http://www.aufalcon.com.au/cgi-bin/i...act=item&i=326
EX-Y494 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #59
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Yes, you can upgrade your system by upping the boost, which will likely require fuel system upgrades like the fuel pump/injectors (not in the base kit), perhaps water/meth injection - really depends on where you want to go and how it's tuned. If anyone else is interested in these kits and the possibilities, PM for a contact. Stock ECU + Flash tune should be enough for most low boost setups.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:01 PM   #60
XR8Master

Will these Superchargers work with the early model falcons that dont have the duel intake manifold like an Eb ?
XR8Master is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post