Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria > FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events FPV & XR Club of Victoria Events

Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Default Kiwanis All Ford Day Geelong

Hi Everyone,

A reminder that if you plan to pre-enter for Kiwanis All Ford Day (it's cheaper to do so), the cut-off is the end of the month.

If you decide to enter on the day, please be aware of the following;

1. There are 1250 entries available on the day. If they get 1230 pre-entries, that means only 20 people who roll up on the day can enter- you may miss out.
2. It will cost $30 instead of $20
3. Non preregistered cars that attend on the day will be directed to the registration area before entering the show car arena- you will not enter with those club members who have pre-entered.
4. Under no circumstances short of a medical emergency can you leave before 3pm.

Download the entry form from either the www.allfordday.org site or club website in downloads section.

Lastly, please let Karyn email know you are entering (either vie pre-entry or if you plan to enter on the day) so we know how many clubbies there will be to fit in the club area.

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
TP351
Lurker

This year for the Kiwanis Geelong All Ford Day (Feb 15th) we will be using judges sourced from the individual clubs, as we did last time. It was well received by the entrants last year, being judged by your peers. I'm looking for enthusiastic people, 2 or 3 from each club, to volunteer their time and skills to assist me for this years event. Volunteers will get free entry and have lunch & drinks supplied for the day. I anticipate it will take around 2 - 3 hours to complete. Would any interested people please PM me, or at aporte33@ford.com or on 0400 014913.

Could someone from this club PM me with the appropriate contact name and Ph No. for me to contact in regards to the AFD?

Also a reminder that the pre-registration closes on 31st January. If you're coming, make sure you pre-register, entry fee $20. Or it will cost you $30 on the day and you'll have to queue for payment, while pre-registered cars go straight onto the arena. See www.allfordday.org.au

Cheers,
Tony Porter
TP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Go baby Go
Like no other..........

Great day great weather and some sensational cars.
Bit of a bummer that there were plenty of cars leaving ALL day - by the time the auction was on, a lot of cars had gone.

Also bit of a bugger about the roadworks on the Westgate too.

Congratulations to Joe, who took out a trophy for the 2nd or 3rd year running with his silver HO (middle car)

Rob's 5th anniversary.....

We had a few newbies come along, and MOTIV8 bought me a massive framed piece of Jim Richards signed memorabilia ........

Seagull very kindly offered his EF to Keith, who lost his beautiful BA HO in the bushfires. Keith took Wayne Draper of HO interceptors with him.

Keith's car last year

Now;

Motiv8 was off judging so we didn't get a chance to do an entire lap but took a bit of a wander.

To the fabulous, sensational "team"/aka our great club, a big thanks for your help in setting up. Everyone chipped in, moved the marquee around numerous times, and poor old Pete had parked his MOFAT and then did the tyres, only to have to move it to allow a car to get in.... twice. If nothing else, he receives the "best use of patience" and "cleanest tyres" awards.... :hihi:
Keith Jeff and Rob were tong masters for the day, and all of your donations for your lunch will go to the Red Cross appeal....... :

A recent study found the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year.
Another study found Australians drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.
That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Kind of makes you proud to be an aussie.
Go baby Go is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post