Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #8341
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

For people not familiar with "The Northern Beaches" and how you'd lockdown a specific LGA in a major Australian city, this may help.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...!4d151.2568777

90% of it is bordered by water and they're shutting down the ferries to the Central Coast and Sydney. And there's only 3 roads in and out. So it's one of the more "lockdownable" land areas.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #8342
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And here's the details available from NSW Health website: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...nd-alerts.aspx
Stay safe everyone.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
Old 19-12-2020, 10:13 PM   #8343
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
…The guy I mentioned a week or so ago who had the covid who they wouldn't admit into the hospital until he got pneumonia , the same guy who had a final zoom call with his family , is now home! he literally checked himself out with pneumonia to die at home.

He was terrified he was going to catch something else while in hospital that would kill him instead of the covid which in his words he was handling ok.

He went home and has someone come do IV antibiotics twice a day and is recovering.

The guy has one kidney and opted to go home and take his chances.

His 2 kids are taking care of him , they never tested positive initially and so far feel ok.
It’s good to read of a recovery; thank you for updating the story - I’d not forgotten it.
Old 19-12-2020, 10:34 PM   #8344
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Sydney to Hobart yacht race cancelled due to NSW coronavirus outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...virus/13001142
2 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #8345
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I thought NSW updates their COVID stats at 8pm daily? So far I cannot see an update for today.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...stats-nsw.aspx

BTW, did anyone notice the difference of when the VIC Premier entered the press conference room to give his COVID update, and when the SA Premier entered the press room to give his COVID update last month, to the NSW Premier entering the press room today and yesterday, to give her COVID update? Can you spot the difference?
Old 19-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #8346
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Please post some links to these conferences so comparisons may be made.
Old 19-12-2020, 11:16 PM   #8347
leesa

There are multiple cases in QLD as it's been detected in sewerage at gold coast, townsville, north cairns and cleveland. Those people will probably be spreading it in the community right now. Stay safe!

Old 19-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #8348
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
There are multiple cases in QLD as it's been detected in sewerage at gold coast, townsville, north cairns and cleveland. Those people will probably be spreading it in the community right now. Stay safe!
Gold Coast, Townsville, Cairns and Cleveland. All good holiday destinations. All have had quite a number of interstate visitors in the last few days.

Wonder if QLD Health would be able to determine if there's a link to the northern beaches cluster?
Old 20-12-2020, 12:01 AM   #8349
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

People in NSW told to go and get tested if you have any symptoms.

But... this is what some are finding today.

In NSW, COVID is only infectious during an outbreak between the hours of 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Old 20-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #8350
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

They should be running the drive/walk-up testing at other venues; the Golden Arches, bottle-ohs, Colesworths’ smokes counter.
Old 20-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #8351
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’m sure many of those potentially impacted are thinking “We’ll isolate after Christmas”…

I can see this one getting out of hand faster than a Honda S2000 on a wet sweeper.
I know this post was in jest, but you're not that far off the truth.

In the last few hours I've been surfing online, chatrooms, FB, etc. where some Sydney metro residents with symptoms, or they know of someone with symptoms, saying they will not get tested and wait until after Christmas before getting a test! They and others are also encouraging anyone with (or without) symptoms, not to get tested until after Christmas. Because they don't want Greater Sydney to go into lockdown before Christmas.

Old 20-12-2020, 01:53 AM   #8352
turbo4
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drove from home to Wagga from Port Macquarie, on Friday. The amount of cars leaving Sydney, both north up the coast and south on the Hume, was insane. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets spread to the regional centres over the next few days. There's already reports by NSW health, of infected people having been up in Forster and Raymond Terrace during the week.

DJRTP Gold Team Mate ::: Tickford Racing Gold Member
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 03:18 AM   #8353
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I know this post was in jest, but you're not that far off the truth.
I’m not sure it was overly jestulent, more caustic appraisal of an attitude I sometimes perceive in clients - where a trivial event is linked as the most important thing in the world respective to a detail of questionable relevance. The new kitchen has to be finished because it’s their grandson’s first birthday or something. And I absolutely believe that in the minds of this legion, a perfect Christmas spread is more important than everyone else’s health.

Feeling a bit sorry for our young home care physio, she has close bonds to the UK but accepted that travel overseas is off for now, and booked a fortnight of leave in Tasmania. That’s just gone down the tube as well.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #8354
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Sydney to Hobart yacht race cancelled due to NSW coronavirus outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...virus/13001142
For the first time in 76 years.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #8355
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
And there's only 3 roads in and out. So it's one of the more "lockdownable" land areas.
Yes 3, assuming they close them off at Roseville Chase, the Spit and St Ives Chase.
Any closer East and there are a few back roads.

Just as easy to shut off $ydney being surrounded by National Parks with few outbound Hwys.
Hope it doesn't come to that.

Old 20-12-2020, 08:10 AM   #8356
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
For the first time in 76 years.....
I remember them annoucing a few months back most of the maxi's weren't going to attend anyway.
It would have been a good race this year with more local yachts becoming competitive for line honours and the media not using all their airtime talking about multi million $$$ super yachts.

Further afield , I wonder if Dakar will go ahead.

5 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 08:37 AM   #8357
leesa

Quote:
Because they don't want Greater Sydney to go into lockdown before Christmas.

Bizarre frame of mind considering the state is probably less likely to get locked down if all unidentified cases can be identified and prevented from infecting others so the non-infected majority can still have a reasonable christmas/newyear.

I think what they really mean is that they don't want to be forced into isolation for Christmas.

2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 09:02 AM   #8358
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I remember them annoucing a few months back most of the maxi's weren't going to attend anyway.
It would have been a good race this year with more local yachts becoming competitive for line honours and the media not using all their airtime talking about multi million $$$ super yachts.

Further afield , I wonder if Dakar will go ahead.
Thats right it was pretty much all local boats, there are a few internationals who have had there boats here since last year but most of the overseas crews couldn't get here anyhow.

It's a bugger as a mate up here was going to crew in his first Sydney to Hobart, boats name is Banter a Bene 45 which has raced before but this year was to be a first for the new owner and crew.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #8359
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Bizarre frame of mind considering the state is probably less likely to get locked down if all unidentified cases can be identified and prevented from infecting others so the non-infected majority can still have a reasonable christmas/newyear.

I think what they really mean is that they don't want to be forced into isolation for Christmas.
Thankfully, it's a minority. There are hundreds of Sydney siders lining up to be tested at clinics (the ones that are open!). Some lining up for 10-12 hours! But there's lots turning around and going back home.

Why can't they open up more testing clinics? It's bizarre that during an outbreak, they have testing centres only open during business hours!?? Berejiklian not wanting to pay weekend penalty rates?? Or a deliberate attempt to keep the numbers down??

I bet come Boxing day, every testing clinic will be open. Probably 24 hours.
Old 20-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #8360
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
BTW, did anyone notice the difference of when the VIC Premier entered the press conference room to give his COVID update, and when the SA Premier entered the press room to give his COVID update last month, to the NSW Premier entering the press room today and yesterday, to give her COVID update? Can you spot the difference?
Anyone spot it yet?

I would post evidence, but it might be considered NSW bashing, and I don't want to upset Russell.

Permission to post a couple of pictures Russ?

Berejiklian due to speak in just under an hour. Let's see if her attitude towards community transmission in her state has changed overnight.
I highly doubt it.
Old 20-12-2020, 11:30 AM   #8361
leesa

Quote:
Thankfully, it's a minority. There are hundreds of Sydney siders lining up to be tested at clinics (the ones that are open!). Some lining up for 10-12 hours! But there's lots turning around and going back home.

Why can't they open up more testing clinics? It's bizarre that during an outbreak, they have testing centres only open during business hours!?? Berejiklian not wanting to pay weekend penalty rates?? Or a deliberate attempt to keep the numbers down??

I bet come Boxing day, every testing clinic will be open. Probably 24 hours.
I realise you're probably frustrated but has our country ever demonstrated a deliberate attempt to keep the numbers down? We've sacrificed jobs, incomes, entertainment, relationships, family life and almost destroyed various industries for the better part of the year so as to keep the vulnerable safe.

Does anyone really think they'd be deliberately attempting to keep the numbers down now? That and expecting a 24 hour turnaround time for a satisfactory number of popup clinics is probably unrealistic, give it a bit more time and keep your distance in the interim.

Old 20-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #8362
Work Horse
Budget Racer

More testing sites;
https://mobile.twitter.com/NSWHealth...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 20-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #8363
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Berejiklian due to speak in just under an hour. Let's see if her attitude towards community transmission in her state has changed overnight.
I highly doubt it.
Nope. Status quo remains.

I'll post photos and explain. If deemed inappropriate, Russ please edit.

During the Melbourne outbreak, this was the Premier of VIC (22/07/2020):

During the Adelaide outbreak, this was the Premier of SA (20/11/2020):

During the Sydney outbreak, this was the Premier of NSW (yesterday)

Spot the difference?

And today once again. No mask. Berejiklian has turned up to the presser for the last three days in a row not wearing a mask, while asking everyone else to wear one!?? She wasn't wearing one even before she got to the microphones, as can be seen in the background.

As the leader of their state, the VIC and SA Premiers set an example for their people by wearing a mask to the press conferences. But Berejiklian has not. Yesterday, Hazzard was the only one wearing a mask. Today, Hazzard and Chant wearing masks. But why can't Berejiklian wear a mask? Lead by example??

It shows her attitude to this pandemic has an agenda that is must adhere to. Has she ever worn a mask? Find me a photo of Berejiklian wearing a mask. Has she a health issue that prevents her from wearing a mask for a few minutes on camera to set an example for her state to follow?

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Removed insult
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #8364
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT December 19th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

34 new cases for Australia and 0 deaths so the CMR is 3.228%. NSW recorded 30 cases, Vic & the NT recorded 2 each and
Queensland recorded 1.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.185% and active cases 51.

The UK had a lower 27,502 cases yesterday and 534 deaths.

Just over 254.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,794 deaths sees CMR drop to 1.794% and active cases at 40.1% with the raw numbers rising and now over 7.1M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (it being a weekend again)
Global cases pass 76M with the last 1M in 2 days;
Europe passes 21M cases;
The USA passes 18M cases;
The UK passes 2M cases;
Russia passes 50k deaths;
North America sets a new daily high with 279,602 cases (18/11);
The USA completes 232M, India 160M, Canada 13M and Kenya 1M tests.

Only:

Uruguay (607); and
Colombia (13,990)

recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 01:12 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 01:38 PM   #8365
Work Horse
Budget Racer

No indoor chanting in Sydney allowed!

It's become a police state there!
Old 20-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #8366
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
And today once again. No mask. Berejiklian has turned up to the presser for the last three days in a row not wearing a mask, while asking everyone else to wear one!?? She wasn't wearing one even before she got to the microphones, as can be seen in the background.

As the leader of their state, the VIC and SA Premiers set an example for their people by wearing a mask to the press conferences. But Berejiklian has not. Yesterday, Hazzard was the only one wearing a mask. Today, Hazzard and Chant wearing masks. But why can't Berejiklian wear a mask? Lead by example??

It shows her attitude to this pandemic has an agenda that is must adhere to. Has she ever worn a mask? Find me a photo of Berejiklian wearing a mask. Has she a health issue that prevents her from wearing a mask for a few minutes on camera to set an example for her state to follow?
Seeing as you posted pics of the 3 most newsworthy premiers, perhaps in the interest of fair play, you could show some pics from the 5 you didn't post?

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 03:01 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 01:53 PM   #8367
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
No indoor chanting in Sydney allowed!

It's become a police state there!
Exactly! How do you do netilat yadayim without it? :p
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #8368
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Seeing as you posted pics of the 3 most newsworthy premiers, perhaps in the interest of fair play, you could show some pics from the 5 you didn't post?
No, just post five pictures of Dr Spurrier. She’s dreamy.
Old 20-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #8369
zilo
BANNED

Yeah..beaches full of people exercising...sure thing...
generation of self entitlement at it's finest.
Old 20-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #8370
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Nope. Status quo remains.

I'll post photos and explain. If deemed inappropriate, Russ please edit.

During the Melbourne outbreak, this was the Premier of VIC (22/07/2020):

During the Adelaide outbreak, this was the Premier of SA (20/11/2020):

During the Sydney outbreak, this was the Premier of NSW (yesterday)

Spot the difference?

Is everyone else wearing masks in all of NSW? is it compulsory? think your nitpicking comments is way over the top at times whether in jest or not, now I can understand why Russell jumped on you.

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 03:03 PM.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread