Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-08-2020, 10:11 PM   #5641
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
The problem with Forbes is it has about as much credibility as Snopes. Their first problem, Dr Judy Mikovits was never convicted of fraud in Court. The rest of the article is an opinion hit piece.
Fair enough. Take your pick from others.... . As mentioned, a lot of smart people believe it......who is right who is wrong?

https://theconversation.com/coronavi...hinking-138483

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infecti.../covid19/86487

https://www.livescience.com/debunkin...us-claims.html

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/w...20-5?r=US&IR=T

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ilm-went-viral
Old 23-08-2020, 10:55 PM   #5642
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Follow the money trail they say. All of them 'play the man, not the ball'.
Old 24-08-2020, 09:20 AM   #5643
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
...Does anyone else here have relatives who lived through that WWII period and are still alive to tell their stories?
My grandfather shot 6 Japanese in Papua New Guinea...but that was in 1996 so we don't talk to him much
5 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 11:08 AM   #5644
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
The problem with Forbes is it has about as much credibility as Snopes. Their first problem, Dr Judy Mikovits was never convicted of fraud in Court. The rest of the article is an opinion hit piece.
Dr Judy is on the money, she is the only one who has seen through this fake pandemic.

Moon landings
Deep State
United Nations
World Health Organisation
JFK
Bill Gates vaccine
Chemtrails
New Coke

And the Shelbyville monorail. Surprised the Freemasons haven't been exposed in all of this yet....

Your FB feed must be a riot.
Old 24-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #5645
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Dr Judy is on the money, she is the only one who has seen through this fake pandemic.

Moon landings
Deep State
United Nations
JFK
Bill Gates vaccine
Chemtrails
New Coke

And the Shelbyville monorail. Surprised the Freemasons haven't been exposed in all of this yet....

You forgot George Soros, even the lawyer promoting the class action managed to mention him.
There was a link posted earlier to a lawyer who claims to be filing a class action against the govt over the lockdown. I'm no expert on class actions but please seek independent legal advice before sending that legal firm any significant amount of money.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #5646
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post

Moon landings
Deep State
United Nations
JFK
Bill Gates vaccine
Chemtrails
New Coke

There has to be a link to 5G antennas in there somewhere, surely.

They’re all linked you know
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #5647
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews says the state government will seek to change state of emergency laws to allow them to be extended for up to 18 months.

The current limit is six months, which will be reached on September 13.

The new legislation will make sure tough public health directions can still be enforced well after the state of emergency ends.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...5-ee7489790677

What's the point of having legislation when you can just modify it willy nilly to suit

Here's to 2022 finally being out of lockdown.
Old 24-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #5648
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s disappointing, it removes the obligation to make a good case for why there needs to be another statutory period of the original or lesser duration, enacted.
Old 24-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #5649
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

210 new cases for Australia and 17 deaths sees the CMR rise to 2.023% although active cases dropped to 5,077. NSW recorded 4 cases; Queensland recorded 2 cases; WA and SA recorded 1 each with the balance in Victoria. Australia passes 500 deaths.

3 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.314% and active cases rise to 114.

The UK had 1,041 new cases and (supposedly) 6 deaths yesterday for a CMR of 12.722% although we know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines.

Just under 44k new cases in the USA yesterday and 974 deaths sees CMR fall to 3.084% and active cases remain at 43.0% with the raw numbers rising again. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
The USA completes 76M, India 35M, Russia 34M and Italy 8M tests;

Greece (283) and South Korea (397) recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 24-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #5650
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s disappointing, it removes the obligation to make a good case for why there needs to be another statutory period of the original or lesser duration, enacted.
Election time I reckon
Old 24-08-2020, 02:38 PM   #5651
gooseneck
Banned

Gasolane.

That was really rude of you. I'm a new member here and I'm only trying to talk with my fellow members. Trying to become friends with them and thats how you treat me?

Technically yes its offtopic but so is every other post here about The Masked Singer. Yet you didn't remove those?

You singled me out.
Old 24-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #5652
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Election time I reckon
Interesting times, bad news for Victoria.
'... gives authorities the ability to suspend Acts of Parliament and take possession of properties...'
'Karen' wont be happy about the mask bit !

I suggest that an election likely won't change where he is getting his advice or if the new person would interpret the virus danger any different.

Maybe he will cancel the next election

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 24-08-2020 at 02:52 PM.
Old 24-08-2020, 02:43 PM   #5653
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Interesting times, bad news for Victoria.
'... gives authorities the ability to suspend Acts of Parliament and take possession of properties...'

I suggest that an election likely won't change where he is getting his advice or if the new person would interpret the virus danger any different.

Maybe he will cancel the next election
Why would he need to? The Vic Libs are a basket case. He could disappear for months on end and still win an election. He basically has no opposition.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #5654
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Gasolane.

That was really rude of you. I'm a new member here and I'm only trying to talk with my fellow members. Trying to become friends with them and thats how you treat me?

Technically yes its offtopic but so is every other post here about The Masked Singer. Yet you didn't remove those?

You singled me out.
Every other post about the masked singer (which were all made by you) was relevant to the thread topic and lockdown, not a general rant about bad Television.
Old 24-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #5655
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

I came across this doco last night on SBS, it covers off some interesting stuff about what they know of coronavirus so far.

Worth a watch

Quote:
In this BBC special, Chris van Tulleken, Hannah Fry and Michael Mosley examine the latest research and explore some of the big questions about this virus and the pandemic it has created. It’s been just 133 days since scientists sequenced the genome of the coronavirus. Thousands of research papers have been published and sophisticated models built that have changed millions of lives. But some basic facts about the SARs-CoV-2 virus and the pandemic it’s caused still seem elusive. Drawing on the world’s experts and the latest research, Chris, Hannah and Michael explore what we really know - and what we don’t - about this deadly virus.
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/vide...avirus-special
Old 24-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #5656
.:4:.
Kicking back

I was speaking to a mate who works at large establishment, and the way they manage the situation i find interesting. So any patron can only access 1 area of the place in 24 hours. So for example, if you go to a restaurant, you can not say go play the pokies afterwards, that has to wait untill the next day.
Old 24-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #5657
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

'A Sydney security guard working at a quarantine hotel has been handed two fines for breaching self-isolation directions.
The 22-year-old had a coronavirus test on August 20....underwent a secondary test ...... was informed he had returned a positive test result for COVID-19'

Still the lesson wasn't learned, dumb
Old 24-08-2020, 04:59 PM   #5658
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...5-ee7489790677

What's the point of having legislation when you can just modify it willy nilly to suit

Here's to 2022 finally being out of lockdown.
I don't think he has the power to modify it 'willy nilly'. It will have to go through due process to get it approved. It just provides the government with some flexibility, like once they ease restrictions and if there is another outbreak, they can react quickly to contain instead of trying to deal with the legal documents then. I heard stage 4 is supported by 150 pages of legal text.
12 months seems long though....maybe extend for another 6 and see if it is still needed.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 05:18 PM   #5659
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Europe seems to be heading towards more restrictive times again. Konfetka is due back around the end of September - they let her leave Oz because of costly semi-urgent dental surgery that was barely 1/4 the price in Eastern Europe. But the transit countries are apparently heavily restricting flights now; she may be stuck for some while…
Old 24-08-2020, 06:00 PM   #5660
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

20,000+ Victorians have "signed up" to attend a protest next weekend against the restrictions.... WTF?!?! I see Avi is on twitter trying to drum up more support.

Whilst outdoor gatherings seem to be less risky, why would you risk it with only 2 weeks to go and we have the numbers trending where we need it to be?

I don't know how the gov is going to stop 20,000. Maybe temporarily stop PT and block all traffic into the city.

20,000 fines at $1,600 is a $32m payday
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #5661
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
20,000+ Victorians have "signed up" to attend a protest next weekend against the restrictions.... WTF?!?! I see Avi is on twitter trying to drum up more support.

Whilst outdoor gatherings seem to be less risky, why would you risk it with only 2 weeks to go and we have the numbers trending where we need it to be?

I don't know how the gov is going to stop 20,000. Maybe temporarily stop PT and block all traffic into the city.

20,000 fines at $1,600 is a $32m payday
What do you mean 'WTF?' - you don't see anything wrong with an authoritarian government continually putting off parliament and modifying legislation to suit it's agenda?
3 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #5662
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
20,000+ Victorians have "signed up" to attend a protest next weekend against the restrictions.... WTF?!?!....only 2 weeks to go and we have the numbers trending where we need it to be?
I was thinking the same on the downward trend, quietly hoping that the Vics were seeing some improvement and less need for 12 months extension.
Old 24-08-2020, 07:38 PM   #5663
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

'safe as houses'
Old 24-08-2020, 07:43 PM   #5664
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What do you mean 'WTF?' - you don't see anything wrong with an authoritarian government continually putting off parliament and modifying legislation to suit it's agenda?
Hang on...last I checked he was democratically elected. He also needs to get this legislation through parliament, he can't just go change it, nor can he "put off" parliament to get it through (I don't think?). Note, the state of emergency is different to the state of disaster, I think some people are getting it mixed up. I see the lies being spread on social media about Victorians being home bound and curfewed for another year.....utter nonsense, it is not the intention.

Seriously, what exactly do you think is his agenda? To lock up all Victorians indefinitely? To destroy Victoria economically? What exactly does ANY leader gain from that? What is the point of being a leader if you have no followers? Makes no sense.
Old 24-08-2020, 07:49 PM   #5665
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
... modifying legislation to suit it's agenda?
agenda....are you a conspiracy theorist ?

You latest post is interesting, but percentages are for bankers and w*nkers.
Long term effects to the body is clearly ignored. What they are we/you can't say.

Go and get into the middle of it.
Old 24-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #5666
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some good info on "State of Emergency" vs "State of Disaster".
https://justiceconnect.org.au/resour...covid-19-work/

Here is the legislation:
https://content.legislation.vic.gov....authorised.pdf

Note:
9 Principle of proportionality
Decisions made and actions taken in the
administration of this Act—
(a) should be proportionate to the public health
risk sought to be prevented, minimised or
controlled; and
(b) should not be made or taken in an arbitrary
manner

Chill out people. We were on a trajectory to 20,000 cases per day. We now have it under control due to tough measures. It took only 3 weeks.
Old 24-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #5667
nstg8a

Quote:
Some good info on "State of Emergency" vs "State of Disaster".
https://justiceconnect.org.au/resour...covid-19-work/

Here is the legislation:
https://content.legislation.vic.gov....authorised.pdf

Note:
9 Principle of proportionality
Decisions made and actions taken in the
administration of this Act—
(a) should be proportionate to the public health
risk sought to be prevented, minimised or
controlled; and
(b) should not be made or taken in an arbitrary
manner

Chill out people. We were on a trajectory to 20,000 cases per day. We now have it under control due to tough measures. It took only 3 weeks.

Until the next outbreak. Or the one after that.

It is unsustainable to repeatedly put the populace into lockdown. The consequences will take generations to recover from.

Where do you comrade dan will be borrowing the money from to try and prop up the economy?

The efforts should be concentrated on protecting the vulnerable.

The govts own medical advice says that simple social distancing, hand washing and use of hand sanitiser greatly reduces the risk of contracting the wuflu.
The risk of masks also slows the spread.

Let people live and work. Enforce social distancing.

We can’t just keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #5668
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
It is unsustainable to repeatedly put the populace into lockdown. The consequences will take generations to recover from.
That's right. We can't afford another lock down, and thats why he is being a hard @ss. No one is disputing that. I can't see Victorians accepting another stage 4 if there is a wave 3. Thats what makes the protest so stupid...could have at least organised it at the START of stage 4, not towards the end.

Quote:
Where do you comrade dan will be borrowing the money from to try and prop up the economy?
I'm going to guess the same place where other states are borrowing it from...and likely the same place where the feds are borrowing from. In fact I don't really care, as long as the terms are favourable to Victorians and ultimately leads to benefit for Victorians.

Quote:
The govts own medical advice says that simple social distancing, hand washing and use of hand sanitiser greatly reduces the risk of contracting the wuflu.
That's where the gov is trying to get to. We are in stage 4 because mistakes were made and it got out of control. Get it back under control, go to stage 3, then 2, which will end up at what you've stated above. The legislation allows them to do that. What is the point of having rules if you can't enforce them.

In the mean time, don't forget to support your local.
Old 24-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #5669
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
agenda....are you a conspiracy theorist ?

You latest post is interesting, but percentages are for bankers and w*nkers.
Long term effects to the body is clearly ignored. What they are we/you can't say.

Go and get into the middle of it.
Ah yes, the scare mongering never stops hey.
Long term health effects? That is now a concern to Westerners? Who've been shoving crap into their bodies by way of food & drugs the past 6 decades that has seen cancer, diabetes, obesity and mental illness go through the roof as a result. We are now suppose to cower in fear at some supposed long term health effects that aren't known. Well lets hope the same people doing covid death modelling back in the first quarter of this years aren't calling the shots on that.

What is going to be the next clutching at straws when death rates over the next two to three years haven't increased (ie, Covid has simply brought forward death to the weak and unhealthy by 3 to 24 month).
Will suicides from productive members of society that have had their lives turned upside down and every thing they've work for decimated be counted as Covid deaths. I'm sure authorities will include these to help justify their lockdowns.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2020, 08:55 PM   #5670
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

David Limbrick is one of the MPs who is going to attempt to block the legislation change to extend state of emergency

https://twitter.com/_davidlimbrick/s...700021249?s=19
Closed Thread