Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #1
ednap

Default New Mondeo Titanium Tomorrow!

Well I put the order in quite a few months back and my new company car Mondeo Titanium gets delivered to the office tomorrow.

Not even sure what colour it is as I had to nominate three and could get any of them.

Have my Audi A3 up for sale and so looking forward to exploring the Mondeo

ednap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: New Mondeo Titanium Tomorrow!

Good stuff. Hope you get the colour you wanted. If it wasn't for having twins, I would have been very happy in the Titanium wagon I ordered.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #3
ednap

Cheers. Nominated black, blue or grey.
Old 26-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Congrats ednap. I am loving my Titanium MC and I'm sure you will too.
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what did you end up with??

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
ednap

Delivered today and it is truly a sweet car!
Panther Black in colour.
Is the TDCi (had no choice in that).
Lots of new things to learn but found the adaptive cruise control nice in the highway traffic home.
Have connected the iPod (had bought the eBay cable as listed on these forums)
Paired the iPhone and recorded a select group of regular phone contacts in the car address book with voice tags.
Old 26-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Mondeo looks great in black when clean.

My iPhone pairs with the car stereo but none of the phone book entries are available to dial. But if I receive a call in the car, it displays the callers name! Something to investigate during the summer holidays.
Old 27-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you have to manually enter the names for voice dialling...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
Old 27-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

NZ XR6, visit www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com to check what functionality your phone and car should share.
Old 27-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #10
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Zetec. Looks like it should work then.
Old 27-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #11
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
The Mondeo looks great in black when clean.

My iPhone pairs with the car stereo but none of the phone book entries are available to dial. But if I receive a call in the car, it displays the callers name! Something to investigate during the summer holidays.
Is the phone book on the external card!
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
ednap

I found setting up the iPhone was OK, and glad I'n not experiencing any phonebook issues.

This is my first black car and yep, look great WHEN CLEAN ;)

Any suggestions on best place for a custom fit boot liner other than a Ford dealership? See some of eBay but not for the 2011 model
Old 28-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #13
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Is the phone book on the external card!
No. It's not a big issue for me as I don't make calls when I'm driving, but I often use the car handsfree system when the car is parked.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #14
sjb
Starter Motor

No need to manually enter names or record voice tags - the Sony head unit in the Mondeo synchs almost seamlessly with iPhone. For voice dialling, say "mobile name" to the Mondeo voice system, wait a few seconds and you'll hear the Mondeo system connect to your iPhone's regular voice dialling system (then the double beep noise the iPhone makes), and then just say "call xxxx" where xxx is the name of anyone in your iPhone contacts list. "Mobile name" tells the Mondeo to connect to iPhone's voice dialling system, and its only limited by the slightly sketchy Apple voice recognition software. I use it all the time - no need to prerecord any names etc and its great!
sjb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 AM   #15
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmmm... wonder if that works with android??

Old 04-11-2011, 03:51 AM   #16
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb
No need to manually enter names or record voice tags - the Sony head unit in the Mondeo synchs almost seamlessly with iPhone. For voice dialling, say "mobile name" to the Mondeo voice system, wait a few seconds and you'll hear the Mondeo system connect to your iPhone's regular voice dialling system (then the double beep noise the iPhone makes), and then just say "call xxxx" where xxx is the name of anyone in your iPhone contacts list. "Mobile name" tells the Mondeo to connect to iPhone's voice dialling system, and its only limited by the slightly sketchy Apple voice recognition software. I use it all the time - no need to prerecord any names etc and its great!
Thanks for that, I'll try it tomorrow!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #17
ednap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb
Thanks for the update. Will give it a try
Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 PM   #18
sjb
Starter Motor

Forgot to mention that you may have to set up your Bluetooth settings on the iPhone to :synch contacts", but this should be on by default. When that happens, the car's audio/Bluetooth system will "synch" with your contacts, displaying them in the dash screen, on the radio display etc, and enabling the voice dialling connect to iPhone.
Naturally, this is all subject to usual disclaimers around software versions/updates for both the audio unit (see separate thread) and the iPhone. And of course, any software update from Apple at any time could suddenly screw everything up - stranger things have happened...
Broady, not sure about Android or other operating systems, but being a Sony unit, it probably does?
Old 19-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #19
ednap

It is a shame the car memory only caters for 20 saved voice locations. Mine is a company car and 20 just isn't sufficient for the number of people I regularly call during my working week.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #20
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
Thanks for that, I'll try it tomorrow!
Finally tried this after the iOS 5.0.1 update "broke" my phone pairing with the Mondeo. It works well, although I need to tidy up my contacts as I have too many duplicates.

I also managed to access the iPhone contacts through the display, but when you have well over 100 contacts it is impractical to use unless the name starts with A or Z!

For safety reasons I tend not to use my phone when driving, although it is useful to see who is calling. If it's safe to pull over, I answer the call and ask them to wait while I stop the car.
Old 26-11-2011, 01:21 AM   #21
sjb
Starter Motor

Yeah, iOS5 hasn't been fun for lots of people - its caused slightly less reliable connection to the car for me too I think...still works fine mostly, but a bit more prone to glitches. This is the way of the world now - one software update from one component can render problems with a paired component that didn't used to be there.
And yes, I hear you re the address book being useless via the dash menu screen - this is 1,000 times worse for iPod use if you've got heaps of songs. That is one thing Ford need to improve in future models - the media interface with some other Euro's via scroll wheels etc can be much quicker and slicker.
Old 29-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #22
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb
Yeah, iOS5 hasn't been fun for lots of people - its caused slightly less reliable connection to the car for me too I think...still works fine mostly, but a bit more prone to glitches. This is the way of the world now - one software update from one component can render problems with a paired component that didn't used to be there.
And yes, I hear you re the address book being useless via the dash menu screen - this is 1,000 times worse for iPod use if you've got heaps of songs. That is one thing Ford need to improve in future models - the media interface with some other Euro's via scroll wheels etc can be much quicker and slicker.
I've had all sorts of phone glitches after the iOS 5 update. 5.00 was OK but 5.01 caused my phone to stop making any sounds at all, then I lost my 3G connection for a couple of days. All seems OK now...