Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #10921
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I can find no mention of this elsewhere.
I'm in Sydney atm, and was watching it live. Couldn't find a link yesterday but came across this just now. From yesterdays CH10 news, Sydney edition.

Melbourne is on the brink of a new #COVIDVic emergency, and it's been revealed close contacts of the infected have been tracked to Sydney.

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstSyd/s...57098527608837

Not sure where they got that info from because so far there's been no other reports on this. Maybe it's just a Sydney thing.. you know.. false reporting??

edit: Can't wait to get out of this ****hole and get back to Melbourne. Covid on the rampage or not, Melbourne still trumps this ****hole city!

Last edited by Tickford.; 27-05-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 27-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #10922
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Gardeners are permitted workers this time round.

So I can keep paying tax

"Landscaping and gardening operators who have an ABN ,undertaking outdoor work only.
Services must operate solely outdoors with up to five people where physical distancing can be maintained at all times."

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/de...Version_15.pdf
Old 27-05-2021, 06:41 PM   #10923
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Record pace of Melbourne Covid outbreak and delayed vaccine rollout blamed for Victoria lockdown

Quote:
Officials say a seven-day lockdown is needed because the coronavirus variant is spreading faster than contact tracers can keep up with

Victorian contact tracers are in danger of being overwhelmed by a Covid-19 outbreak “running faster than we have ever recorded”, the Victorian premier James Merlino said as he announced a seven-day circuit-breaker lockdown.

Asked if Victorians should feel angry at the federal government given the slow pace of the rollout and lack of suitable purpose-built quarantine, Merlino responded: “It is a fact that the commonwealth vaccine rollout has been delayed and there are global reasons for that delay.

“We have also seen a reluctance from some people to get vaccinated when they are eligible,” he said. “It is a fact that we have aged care facilities where not one person has been vaccinated. These are facts. We need to get this vaccination rolled out as quickly as possible, and that is why we have been doing a lot of work about how we can quickly expand what we offer at our state sites.”
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...toria-lockdown
Old 27-05-2021, 07:13 PM   #10924
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I listened to the VIC presser today on the radio. The absolute idiotic questions being asked by these morons for journalists!?? Seriously?? The obvious right-wing Murdoch media hounds who were there are just pure scum. Not even close to real journalism.

Maybe VIC should do what that coward in NSW did for her pressers and hand pick which "journalists" could attend?
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 07:16 PM   #10925
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
I listened to the VIC presser today on the radio. The absolute idiotic questions being asked by these morons for journalists!?? Seriously?? The obvious right-wing Murdoch media hounds who were there are just pure scum. Not even close to real journalism.

Reminds of a certain member here who keeps regurgitating the same vomit disguised as "news reports".

Maybe VIC should do what that coward in NSW did for her pressers and hand pick which "journalists" could attend?
Wow.
Do you live for covid?
Is it that NSW is better, is that it?
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 07:21 PM   #10926
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Exodus from Melbourne ahead of midnight lockdown as NSW issues stay-at-home orders

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...27-p57vn9.html

NSW demands Victorian visitors follow stay-at-home measures

Quote:
NSW has imposed strict new rules on Victorians crossing the border going north – as Melburnians reportedly flee the lockdown.
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...56c0bf8f09e444
Old 27-05-2021, 07:26 PM   #10927
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Wow.
Do you live for covid?
Is it that NSW is better, is that it?

I think it’s that he wasn’t hugged as a child. He needs some love and attention
Old 27-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #10928
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Melbourne residents flee Victoria ahead of another Covid lockdown

Callers to 3AW on Thursday morning said they were hitting the road to get out of the state as the city braces for a possible lockdown.

“I’m heading off to Sydney now, in the car,” one caller said. “I’m going straight right through, no stops. I just want to get to Sydney.

“Yesterday morning I left Melbourne at 3 o’clock – there were so many cars loaded, getting to Sydney,” a second said

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/tra...316e8545c6fb95
Old 27-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #10929
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Victoria's COVID hotline received over 77,000 calls in just 15 minutes
"This morning, Victoria's COVID-19 hotline received over 77,000 calls in a 15-minute window, the Department of Health said.

"This significant demand unfortunately caused a number of technical issues which network providers have been successfully restoring throughout the day – and more resources will be added," the Department said in a statement.

"The Department is grateful for everyone's enthusiasm and patience.""

Can someone let me/us know when its up and running
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 08:24 PM   #10930
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Well they wont be going into SA as they locked Melburnians out couple days ago.

I think sa police are manning the SA border again now and its papers please at the border, because on the website they have put back in place that entry is only permitted via a handful of approved highways/roads.

They'd been absent for a while at the borders, and relying on people to fill the cross border forms in, in good faith.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 08:57 PM   #10931
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

‘Clear failure’: Victoria lags other states on single QR check-in system

Federal minister Jane Hume has criticised Victoria’s “hopelessly inadequate” contact tracing system as the state lags other jurisdictions in implementing a single statewide QR code to track visits to coronavirus hotspots.

Senator Hume, a Victorian whose portfolios include the digital economy, said states such as NSW had proved an efficient and harmonised QR system was essential to contact tracing efforts. Having multiple systems was unnecessarily complex and
It was a “clear failure” of the Victorian government that the single system was only starting on Friday, she said.

“It’s beyond irresponsible that even Victoria’s state Parliament wasn’t using the Services Vic check-in until this week,” Senator Hume told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age. “As Victoria’s citizens sink into yet another spirit-breaking lockdown, it’s clear lessons haven’t been learned and our contact tracking and tracing system remains hopelessly inadequate

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...27-p57vqx.html
Old 27-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #10932
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

i tried using the QR code at a testing station today .... 3 times, even the person getting my details had trouble logging me in . . . . . it turned out to be my home address ... and that seriously was the problem
Old 27-05-2021, 09:41 PM   #10933
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Callers to 3AW on Thursday morning said they were hitting the road to get out of the state as the city braces for a possible lockdown.

“I’m heading off to Sydney now, in the car,” one caller said. “I’m going straight right through, no stops. I just want to get to Sydney.

“Yesterday morning I left Melbourne at 3 o’clock – there were so many cars loaded, getting to Sydney,” a second said

By the looks of things with other states restrictions they won't be getting far, either turn back or doing a two week holiday in hotel quarantine.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 10:55 PM   #10934
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I miss the old covid, this new one sounds like a bastard.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 11:00 PM   #10935
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So how many of these escaping Melb just might be carrying Covid into Sydney and other locations
5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 11:07 PM   #10936
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW and ACT have solid QR check in apps along with solid contact tracing and no lock downs.

Obviously there is still a need for human contact tracers because you don't check in everywhere you go but a good system would sort a lot of that out if it actually worked.

As a software developer the basics are not very hard. Date/time stamp, location id, contact details so at a very basic level you could run a query against all contacts when someone tests positive to email/text potential exposure.
Old 27-05-2021, 11:20 PM   #10937
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Just tried calling again, and it tells me the number is not connected!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 11:31 PM   #10938
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Ring Telstra Business tomorrow, see if you can reserve it.
Old 27-05-2021, 11:50 PM   #10939
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't get what all the fuss is with QR code. Its just one of many controls, and only useful if people actually scan in, or if they have forgotten where they have been. 10,000+ close contacts identified in the space of a few days, even with some apparent D grade QR system.

An interesting update on the Mickleham facility. Whats the saying? Tail wagging the dog? Looks like a goer.

PM highly favourable to Vic quarantine hub
https://7news.com.au/politics/morris...last-c-2945865

"Construction on a Victorian coronavirus quarantine centre could begin within months after the federal government indicated it is willing to back the state plan.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison made his strongest show of support for the facility on a Commonwealth site in Melbourne's north as Victoria prepares to enter a one-week lockdown.

"We are highly favourable towards this," he told reporters in Canberra on Thursday.

While the state government made September the earliest date for construction to start, Mr Morrison is confident of bringing that forward.

"We think this can be done actually quicker. That's one of the things we are working through with them now.""

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Just tried calling again, and it tells me the number is not connected!
A call back facility would be nice!
Old 28-05-2021, 12:02 AM   #10940
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Don't get what all the fuss is with QR code. Its just one of many controls, and only useful if people actually scan in, or if they have forgotten where they have been. 10,000+ close contacts identified in the space of a few days, even with some apparent D grade QR system.

An interesting update on the Mickleham facility. Whats the saying? Tail wagging the dog? Looks like a goer.

PM highly favourable to Vic quarantine hub
https://7news.com.au/politics/morris...last-c-2945865

"Construction on a Victorian coronavirus quarantine centre could begin within months after the federal government indicated it is willing to back the state plan.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison made his strongest show of support for the facility on a Commonwealth site in Melbourne's north as Victoria prepares to enter a one-week lockdown.

"We are highly favourable towards this," he told reporters in Canberra on Thursday.

While the state government made September the earliest date for construction to start, Mr Morrison is confident of bringing that forward.

"We think this can be done actually quicker. That's one of the things we are working through with them now.""
Could’ve used “Belt and Road” to build it (if we hadn’t offended the “investors”!)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
3 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 12:03 AM   #10941
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it is one control but one they can't even have it sorted after all this time. Like I said NSW and ACT have had it working for ages.

I agree we all need dedicated facilities but if anyone needs them more it is VIC.

It is quite obvious they are hopeless at dealing with the same **** every other state deals with hotel quarantine despite not taking anyone for a long time
Old 28-05-2021, 12:06 AM   #10942
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Don't get what all the fuss is with QR code. Its just one of many controls, and only useful if people actually scan in, or if they have forgotten where they have been. !

Only time I have been pressured into QR coding (and I refuse to let my govt track me to that level) is at the airport.

A young dumb millenial cop couldn't get it through his numbnut brain that us grown ups dont live on our phone all day.

Where's your smart phone? Don't own or need one mate.

He gives me a dumb look and a grown up Seargent says 'just fill in the written declaration sir".......

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 28-05-2021, 12:19 AM   #10943
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've used the QR code a handful of times, at the footy (not really that useful given that its ticketed and they have your records and your seating details), and restaurants and bars. Actually all restaurants and bars I've been to have been very diligent in asking their customers to scan in. Every time I have used it, its been simple, a few clicks and done. Initially many of the QR codes took me to their own sites, but more and more are being sent to the Vic Gov site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I agree we all need dedicated facilities but if anyone needs them more it is VIC.

It is quite obvious they are hopeless at dealing with the same **** every other state deals with hotel quarantine despite not taking anyone for a long time
Vic had 80 days of no community transmission prior to this....and this outbreak actually came from a leak in the South Australia hotel quarantine

And if you want to really keep score, NSW has had the most number of leaks. Granted they contain the transmission case numbers well, but the last outbreak and restrictions cost the economy $3b+.

It will continue to happen. Even a Howard Springs / Mickleham type facility won't be fail proof, but it'll lower the risk. Estimated cost of this 7 day lock down in Vic is a $1b hit to the economy. The payback for these facilities is a no brainer (if estimates are accurate).
Old 28-05-2021, 12:31 AM   #10944
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NSW has also pulled all the weight by a long way on the amount of arrivals and the risks that go with it. No keeping score because VIC loses that every day of the week. No one in Australia wishes they lived there in the last 12-18 months if ever

Despite the failures, hotel quarantine has been overwhelmingly successful by the numbers. If we had more urgency in vaccines it would be even less an issue.

At this point it is more worthwhile putting the effort and $$$ into getting those rates up
Old 28-05-2021, 01:00 AM   #10945
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
........No one in Australia wishes they lived there in the last 12-18 months if ever

Despite the failures, hotel quarantine has been overwhelmingly successful by the numbers. If we had more urgency in vaccines it would be even less an issue.

At this point it is more worthwhile putting the effort and $$$ into getting those rates up
I'll let donkey take this one. Not gonna bite. Last sets of figures I saw had mass outflow of residents from both NSW and Vic during the pandemic. QLD has been the main beneficiary. They can have all our Karens for all I care.
Old 28-05-2021, 01:19 AM   #10946
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All I know is you're in another lock down yet again and I'm not and neither is NSW

That said I hope VIC hits their numbers to get it over with before 7 days because this **** costs a lot of money for everyone let alone just being locked up. It's all well and good to say we will have a circuit breaker lock down but there are plenty of experts who say it makes no difference in most of them so far.
Old 28-05-2021, 02:22 AM   #10947
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most of the WA ones have been short because they were HQ workers who used QR codes so contact tracing was easy and they had spacing, hygiene, hand sanitizer use drilled into them.

But a lot of the general population or 'close contacts' don't give a stuff about QR or hygiene and hand sanitizer use, so once it's fully out there it spreads quickly. We've become complacent, letting the governments deal with it then whinging about it...
Old 28-05-2021, 08:51 AM   #10948
HIPO
Al

Quote:
OK.. I went and did my own research but the FDA said unless you're an animal then don't take it

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19
Thats not what it was originally developed for, but having said that, if you suss the other ingredients in the horse wormer one, you wouldve found them to be harmless to humans.... technically it could be used in the correct dose for weight.
Old 28-05-2021, 09:13 AM   #10949
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I tried calling again at 0630 this morning, as it is advertised as a 24-hour a day service. Got through the first time, so at least that's an improvement. Listened to the selection options and navigated my way through to the vaccination booking line. Only to be told that facility is only available from 8am.

Thanks. Would have been nice if you'd told me that at the start so that I didn't consume lines unnecessarily.

Anyway, if you're looking to make a vaccination booking, don't bother trying before 8. Will be interesting to see how the phone lines handled the expected surge at 8.

Edit, just tried calling again and there's a new number to try for vaccination appointments. I missed what it was so tried calling the 1800 675 398 number again, but got through this time? Currently on hold.

2nd E: Sat on hold for 10 minutes then the line just disconnected. Rang back again and got the message about the new number. It is 1800 571 121. Tried calling and it just disconnects straight away. Guess I'll just keep trying....

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor

Last edited by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0; 28-05-2021 at 09:22 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 09:17 AM   #10950
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
‘Clear failure’: Victoria lags other states on single QR check-in system

Federal minister Jane Hume has criticised Victoria’s “hopelessly inadequate” contact tracing system as the state lags other jurisdictions in implementing a single statewide QR code to track visits to coronavirus hotspots.

Senator Hume, a Victorian whose portfolios include the digital economy, said states such as NSW had proved an efficient and harmonised QR system was essential to contact tracing efforts. Having multiple systems was unnecessarily complex and
It was a “clear failure” of the Victorian government that the single system was only starting on Friday, she said.

“It’s beyond irresponsible that even Victoria’s state Parliament wasn’t using the Services Vic check-in until this week,” Senator Hume told The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age. “As Victoria’s citizens sink into yet another spirit-breaking lockdown, it’s clear lessons haven’t been learned and our contact tracking and tracing system remains hopelessly inadequate

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...27-p57vqx.html
Part 2 this morning...

Quote:
Victorian Nationals senator Bridget McKenzie urged the state government to follow NSW’s lead, saying families and businesses were at risk when fundamentals such as contact tracing tools weren’t done right.

“I just beg Daniel Andrews to get NSW in, get [NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian’s] bureaucrats in and just, whatever they’re doing, do the same,” she told Sky News.

Dr Finkel’s report on contact tracing systems, handed to national cabinet in mid-November, said states should use a single app within their jurisdiction with a simple “click and enter” method. It highlighted the ACT’s Check In CBR app, describing it as simple, effective and centralised.
https://www.fordforums.com.au/newrep...eply&p=6582973
Closed Thread