Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #10891
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
That’s not Sydney metro! It’s far as the distance between London and Geneva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Victoria, or parts thereof, to head into lockdown, according to the ABC.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...ions/100169172
How annoying! I’ve been diligently picking through my obligations, to take a few days out of Sydney and fetch a car from Melbourne within the fortnight.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 27-05-2021 at 09:50 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #10892
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...case-c-2939954

So far the cases seem to all be linked to very close contacts i.e. households or links to households, so likely to be a non event.

Actually a bit annoyed they didn't go for the immediate 3 day snap lock down earlier, when they knew the fella has been in the wild for 10 days.
I am OK with them waiting and seeing. We have had too much grandstanding from Pollies trying to cash in on situations, Merlino has impressed me with a sensible approach. Being an expert a week down the road with hindsight is easy.

Do it now, a week if necessary and it should be confined to 20 odd families and a hundred or so people. Sort them out then we will be good again.

We all got complacent, it is our fault. This thing is wicked when the temps are 15-18 degrees with cold nights. No coincidence we got away with stuff in summer, and this is the same time as last year.

Old 27-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #10893
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just heard 25 aged care facilities in Victoria has NOT had their FIRST dose. 100 have not had their 2nd dose.

And this....

The Melbourne COVID outbreak may have done more to shake vaccine hesitancy than the national advertising campaign
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...l-ad/100167608

Quote:
Will the Melbourne outbreak inject urgency into Canberra's response?
It's less clear whether this Melbourne outbreak will also inject more urgency into the Morrison Government's response. There's been no step-up yet in the vaccine advertising campaign, nor any noticeable progress on a new purpose-built quarantine facility.

Indeed, the Acting Premier revealed on Wednesday morning he had not heard from the Prime Minister in days. (By 2:00pm Scott Morrison was able to tell Question Time he had spoken to Merlino, so someone clearly got the message).

Clearly any escalation of the Melbourne outbreak will also escalate pressure on the Morrison Government over quarantine arrangements and vaccinations.

For now, the Prime Minister bats away these critiques by sticking with international comparisons. "I don't know Australians who want to go and take up residence and live in the COVID environment, whether it be in Europe, the United States, UK or anywhere else."

Quote:
"Victoria recorded its biggest single day of vaccinations after news broke of the state's latest cluster: 15,858 people received a jab on Tuesday, compared to a daily average of 6,286 for the previous week . "
Going by the GSS covidlive data, the daily average doesn't look like 6,000. And Tuesday's figures don't match. Where are all these numbers coming from?
Old 27-05-2021, 10:10 AM   #10894
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
How annoying! I’ve been diligently picking through my obligations, to take a few days out of Sydney and fetch a car from Melbourne within the fortnight.
And I was planning on heading up to Winton this weekend. I know it's not the end of the world, but this would have been my first visit opportunity.

I guess that's just the way life goes sometimes. Hopefully the lockdown will only be to greater Melbourne and I'll still be able to go.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 27-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #10895
HIPO
Al

So its becoming clearer why Ivermectin is such a dirty word..... the patent ran out years ago.
WHEN it comes out how effective & safe it is, some big Pharma etc. are going to be in big trouble. Part of the rules - laws covering the release of the experimental China Flu jabs, is that there cant be an existing products, that are safe & effective "on the shelf".
The peeps that developed it back in the day, were awarded Nobel P. prizes for how safe & effective it is.
Tales from my Tinfoil cap?? a lot of peeps posting on here, should cut their MSM induced panic & do their own research..... hell of a lot of Scientists & Drs out there know what the real story is.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #10896
lari1eye

The ABC health expert changes view on original Covid leak from Wuhan Lab. after more than a year of denial.....
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6256060100001

You have to wonder whose side they are on....
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 10:52 AM   #10897
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
So its becoming clearer why Ivermectin is such a dirty word..... the patent ran out years ago.
WHEN it comes out how effective & safe it is, some big Pharma etc. are going to be in big trouble. Part of the rules - laws covering the release of the experimental China Flu jabs, is that there cant be an existing products, that are safe & effective "on the shelf".
The peeps that developed it back in the day, were awarded Nobel P. prizes for how safe & effective it is.
Tales from my Tinfoil cap?? a lot of peeps posting on here, should cut their MSM induced panic & do their own research..... hell of a lot of Scientists & Drs out there know what the real story is.
OK.. I went and did my own research but the FDA said unless you're an animal then don't take it

Quote:
There seems to be a growing interest in a drug called ivermectin to treat humans with COVID-19. Ivermectin is often used in the U.S. to treat or prevent parasites in animals. The FDA has received multiple reports of patients who have required medical support and been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses.
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consum...event-covid-19
Old 27-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #10898
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post

Greg Hunt said a year ago the jabs would be ongoing, I saw it come out his own mouth somewhere in the media... so it wont be get your two jabs and get on with it... it will be get your two jabs every year ongoing, and perhaps even more top ups in between.

I wouldnt hold my breath on politicians here pushing anything but vaccines.
Old 27-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #10899
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lari1eye View Post
The ABC health expert changes view on original Covid leak from Wuhan Lab. after more than a year of denial.....
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6256060100001

You have to wonder whose side they are on....

Yeah...

funny that...an ex US president was ridiculed by the ABC feminist assassins for asserting the same.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 11:24 AM   #10900
zilo
BANNED

It's really quiet at vaccination centres in Tasmania.

Book your appointment here...

https://covidvaccine-tas.ohms.oracle.com/

Good luck getting past the booking page, seems like the pimply nosed IT guru who designed the template thinks there are more digits in a medicare card than reality.

So....no booking....ahhh..peace and quiet...lucky no Covid in Tassie....YET

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 27-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #10901
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Hotel Quarantine again…

What great quarantine systems we have around the country.
6 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #10902
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

And there it is....7 day lockdown for all of Vic from midnight tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 27-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #10903
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As if there were any doubt. TAB won't even offer odds I bet because it is a given
Old 27-05-2021, 12:32 PM   #10904
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 26th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

17 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.029%.

No cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.974% and active cases 22.

The UK had a higher 2,987 cases yesterday and 9 deaths.

Just over 25k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,037 deaths sees CMR at 1.784%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 169M, the last 1M taking 1 day;

Global deaths pass 3.5M, the last 50k in 5 days;
Asia passes 50M cases;
South America passes 28M cases;

Suriname (225);
Timor-Leste (231);
Guyana (321);
Angola (405);
Bolivia (3,179);
Paraguay (3,307);
Malaysia (7,478); and
Colombia (23,487)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 01:16 PM   #10905
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Probably a couple of weeks and no Jobkeeper this time. Some people are going to do it tough. Maybe ScoMo and Josh can find some dough?
Old 27-05-2021, 01:32 PM   #10906
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The whole of State lockdown for Victoria comes as no surprise and I suspect that it will be the first of several over the coming winter months.

The impact should be relatively low as long as we can manage to keep it out of Aged Care this time because 752 of our 910 deaths last year (82.6%) were in aged care facilities with Victoria racking up 95% of those which perhaps explains why Victoria only has 73.3% of all cases recorded in Australia but 90.1% of the deaths.

It's sad to reflect that if we had managed to avoid the NSW/Vic aged care crisis last year we would have only had 158 deaths in total and our CMR would be about 0.52% rather than just above 3%.

Hopefully we have learnt from that exercise.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 27-05-2021, 02:21 PM   #10907
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The impact should be relatively low as long as we can manage to keep it out of Aged Care this time
That's a big "if". Hasn't aged care been involved in basically every spot fire to date, in some capacity? There are a lot of aged care workers around the country and days after every outbreak we seem to learn that there's an aged care worker that's been exposed to someone infected.

ABC news says 10'000 are in isolation as primary and secondary contacts. This could potentially be the biggest outbreak we've had so far? I hope the state stomps on it fast, but as a QLDer I think we should expect that there are possibly positive cases in the state who have travelled here already. We've gotten pretty complacent here with social distancing but I'm going to go back to masks for a little while.

2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #10908
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The way people are often kept in aged care, it’s no surprise that it works as an incubator, either.
Old 27-05-2021, 03:18 PM   #10909
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/advo...-on-anzac-day/

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #10910
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
And there it is....7 day lockdown for all of Vic from midnight tonight.
Seems my source was as reliable as Eddie McGuires. Missed it by 24hr and +2 days

Is anyone really actually that distressed by the 7 day lock down? I get more agitated listening some of the polies and journalists waffle, yet one must rely on them for important updates. Its almost like some of them are barracking for a failure.

10,000 first and secondary contacts identified. That's a job well done in my books.

Lots of doses stockpiled, and Pfizer opening up to over 40s in Vic from Friday onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Hopefully we have learnt from that exercise.
Me cuz working for Regis still has not had her first shot and there is NO comms on when or where to expect it. AND our minister for aged care just publicly state he is satisfied with the current roll out. Good luck.

Last edited by T3rminator; 27-05-2021 at 03:32 PM.
Old 27-05-2021, 03:30 PM   #10911
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile Re: Covid 19 -

Cue the toilet paper hoarders...

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #10912
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Thanks B for this type of moron should be for all to see.
What an absolute entitled F tard.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 03:37 PM   #10913
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
Umm, have you ever read any Betoota Advocate articles before?
Old 27-05-2021, 03:46 PM   #10914
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Oh my lord.......................

You wouldn't be the first person thou. It's done so well........

Last edited by buggerlugs; 27-05-2021 at 03:59 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 03:50 PM   #10915
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Lots of doses stockpiled, and Pfizer opening up to over 40s in Vic from Friday onwards.
I've been on the Covid jab booking phone line since they made the announcement that Victorians aged between 40 and 49 are now eligible for a jab, but the phone line is not working. Some times it rings a couple of times, then answers but there's nothing on the other end and then eventually hangs up, or it just rings out. tried again just now and it doesn't even ring, just ends the call straight away.

At 49, I'm now eligible and will keep trying to get booked in for the jab ASAP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 27-05-2021, 03:55 PM   #10916
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
nothing like having some fun no under extreme times
The womans day/new idea of the net.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #10917
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
its not true/factual
Old 27-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #10918
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Question for T3 and other Melb ites
Can you not book for the jab through your GP ?
Just checking don't know what the directive is down there.

I was at my quack this morn up here, booked in for next Thursday.
Old 27-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #10919
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:

Yes, but AZ i think due to refrigeration requirements, one of the guys from work got his that way.

2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 04:31 PM   #10920
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Negative on Pfizer due to refrigeration requirements. I think Pfizer has to be done through a dedicated site. To be honest, since I wasn't qualified, I've not looked into it.

AZ you can book through the your local GP.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread