Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2021, 06:45 PM   #10801
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Health experts fear rise in gonorrhoea, amid soaring syphilis cases in Melbourne suburbs

Quote:
Melbourne is currently grappling with a syphilis ‘epidemic’, but health experts fear another sexually transmitted infection is on the rise – gonorrhoea.

Melbourne’s outer western and southeastern suburbs were the worst hit with rising infections across Brimbank, Melton and Casey.

However Dr Chow said it didn’t end there with notified cases of gonorrhoea also rising.

“Globally we are seeing an increase in STIs and gonorrhoea,” he said.

“It’s an era of STIs and it seems COVID-19 isn’t impacting their spread.”
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bre...99621319977beb
3 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 09:18 AM   #10802
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Health experts fear rise in gonorrhoea, amid soaring syphilis cases in Melbourne suburbs

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/bre...99621319977beb
Thanks Franco.

This user likes this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #10803
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Is it really an increase, or is it like DV, where there’s more effective logging of data than previously?
Old 24-05-2021, 10:40 AM   #10804
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats the fuss all about? There is a jab for that as well

Cases from 2 in 2016 to 21 in 2019. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. The real story is that they are using CV genome sequencing techniques to track and trace the clusters. The locations where they are popping up tells an interesting story though.
Old 24-05-2021, 11:06 AM   #10805
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Italy Intends to Grant COVID-19 Passports Even to Travellers That Received Only One COVID-19 Dose

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...covid-19-dose/

Italy to Allow Britons Enter the Country With Only a Negative COVID-19 Test Result

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...9-test-result/
The place has been a financial basket case for quite some time.

They need every cent they can get.

However... just a test result for entry is playing with fire.

Results come back wrong quite often.

But, my selfish side is saying it's a good thing because I'm dying to hop on a plane and the more countries that open borders the more we will be compelled to follow....eventually..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 24-05-2021, 11:10 AM   #10806
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Three members of Australia's Olympic skateboarding team contract COVID-19

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...ovid/100159612

Ouch! Wasn't the 13 year old set to be our youngest Olympic competitor ever? Have noticed a rise in skateboarding amongst the teeny boppers post lock down. There are a couple of skate parks around our area and its ALWAYS packed, regardless of weather.
Old 24-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #10807
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Whats the fuss all about? There is a jab for that as well

Cases from 2 in 2016 to 21 in 2019. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now. The real story is that they are using CV genome sequencing techniques to track and trace the clusters. The locations where they are popping up tells an interesting story though.
That's modern "journalism" in a nutshell.
Old 24-05-2021, 12:46 PM   #10808
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Three members of Australia's Olympic skateboarding team contract COVID-19

Ouch! Wasn't the 13 year old set to be our youngest Olympic competitor ever? Have noticed a rise in skateboarding amongst the teeny boppers post lock down. There are a couple of skate parks around our area and its ALWAYS packed, regardless of weather.
Any indication on if they got vaccinated before going to the USA?

Old 24-05-2021, 12:53 PM   #10809
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Any indication on if they got vaccinated before going to the USA?

Yes the whole team got their 1st shot before going. The shots don't stop you from getting it so it's not surprising in that front.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 24-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #10810
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Victoria records two 'likely positive cases' of COVID-19 in Melbourne's northern suburbs

Quote:
Victorian health authorities have reported two "likely positive cases" of COVID-19 in Melbourne's northern suburbs.

It comes after authorities ramped up testing in Epping following a mix-up with the exposure sites for a positive case who returned to Melbourne earlier this month.

Authorities had listed the Woolworths at Epping, when it should have been the Woolworths at Epping North.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...orth/100160012
Old 24-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #10811
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The place has been a financial basket case for quite some time.

They need every cent they can get.

However... just a test result for entry is playing with fire.

Results come back wrong quite often.

But, my selfish side is saying it's a good thing because I'm dying to hop on a plane and the more countries that open borders the more we will be compelled to follow....eventually..

if you go keep away form their cable cars

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 24-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #10812
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 23rd, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.033%.

6 cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.975% and active cases 27.

The UK had a lower 1,912 cases yesterday and 5 deaths.

Just over 20k new cases in the USA yesterday and 452 deaths sees CMR at 1.782%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points: (weekend reporting)
Russia
passes 5M cases;
Asia passes 49M cases;

Bahrain (3,177);
Malaysia (6,976); and
Colombia (21,669) - the previous high on 15/01/21

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

I'm going to take a handful of countries off the watch list as they seem to have largely gotten their outbreaks under control. There are others that while being well below their peak are still recording daily case numbers per 100k of population that are concerning.

Zimbabwe - peaked at 1,583 in late January; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 181 since early February and their 10-day average is only 19 cases/day.

Ghana - peaked at 1,365 in January; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 617 since late February and their 10-day average is 46 cases/day.

Nigeria - peaked at 1,964 in January; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 938 since mid February and their 10-day average is 37 cases/day.

Senegal - peaked at 478 last July; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 221 since early March and their 10-day average is 30 cases/day.

Malta - peaked at 510 in early March; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 184 since late March and their 10-day average is 3 cases/day.

Myanmar - peaked at 2,158 last October; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 1,233 since mid December and their 10-day average is 23 cases/day.

Israel - peaked at 11,316 last September; haven't crossed the 90th percentile threshold of 5,238 since early February and their 10-day average is 26 cases/day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 25-05-2021 at 12:09 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 01:19 PM   #10813
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
if you go keep away form their cable cars
Nope, 5 times is enough.

Poor people ay.... geeze.

Last time that happened I believe a fighter jet flew through the cable cutting it.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 01:24 PM   #10814
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...hows/100159062
Quote:
…"I have no income here, I don't know Russian.
Fifteen months in Russia, to where he went because of a romantic interest - and he can’t speak functional basic Russian yet?
Old 24-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #10815
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...hows/100159062

Fifteen months in Russia, to where he went because of a romantic interest - and he can’t speak functional basic Russian yet?
Poor didums, 15 months ago they were telling Aussies to return home. Just another one who didn't want to listen.

3 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #10816
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Yes the whole team got their 1st shot before going. The shots don't stop you from getting it so it's not surprising in that front.
No, from ABC.... " a couple elected not to have a shot, and another couple were too young" Interesting that they will not say if those who caught it were the ones not vaccinated.

4 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #10817
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
No, from ABC.... " a couple elected not to have a shot, and another couple were too young" Interesting that they will not say if those who caught it were the ones not vaccinated.

Oo I heard it on one of the news update that the "team" had their first shot before travelling to the US.
There is also mixed report as to whether the entire team now forfeits due to being close contacts or whether it's just the 3 that will drop out. One of the 3 is a coach.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 24-05-2021, 02:52 PM   #10818
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m pencilled in for three weeks’ time to get the first vaccinamacation. Prior to that I’ll do my best to both offend and flatter everyone so that a fatal complication would be met with balanced relief and disappointment. :p
4 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 03:02 PM   #10819
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Oo I heard it on one of the news update that the "team" had their first shot before travelling to the US.
There is also mixed report as to whether the entire team now forfeits due to being close contacts or whether it's just the 3 that will drop out. One of the 3 is a coach.
Looked like there was less than a dozen who made the trip, so I am interested how many a couple + a couple actually adds up to, and how close that is to all of them!!!

Old 24-05-2021, 04:32 PM   #10820
leesa

Guess who's not on the priority list and managed to get the pfizer shot anyway
I'll report back if I grow a second head

3 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #10821
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You might be in luck with a new gig, they’re looking for Olympic grade skateboarders without Covid-19.

Quote:
I'll report back if I grow a second head
How will we know which head is talking, and whether it’s credible? Oh wait, it will have another login, leesassecondhead…
Old 24-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #10822
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
You might be in luck with a new gig, they’re looking for Olympic grade skateboarders without Covid-19.

How will we know which head is talking, and whether it’s credible? Oh wait, it will have another login, leesassecondhead…
Not to worry, I talk out my *** most of the time anyways and I'm pretty sure there are no second asses as possible side effects.

Here's the link if anyone in QLD wants to get it - https://www.vaccinebookings.health.q...orvaccination/
I signed up on saturday, got an email on sunday to book an appointment and got the jab today.

4 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 06:27 PM   #10823
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
Not to worry, I talk out my *** most of the time anyways and I'm pretty sure there are no second asses as possible side effects.

Here's the link if anyone in QLD wants to get it - https://www.vaccinebookings.health.q...orvaccination/
I signed up on saturday, got an email on sunday to book an appointment and got the jab today.
Good on you for being pro-active and running it to ground. We did the same with ours in Sydney after being told by our GP practice of 25 years that they had nothing for us for months. Doctor next door took us and jabbed within 2 days.

C'mon everyone, as Aunty Glad would say "Let's get it done!"
4 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2021, 06:32 PM   #10824
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Melbourne coronavirus exposure sites revealed as four new cases announced

Quote:
A major shopping centre is one of the locations visited by a person who had coronavirus, as authorities scramble to avoid an outbreak.

A popular shopping centre in Melbourne’s northern suburbs has been exposed to coronavirus as Victorian health authorities revealed four new cases on Monday.

The Jump Swim School in Bundoora was exposed to Covid-19 on May 21 between 8.35am to 10am.

An infected person also visited Highpoint Shopping Centre in Maribyrnong on May 20 between 5pm to 8pm.

Anyone who visited those locations in those times have been ordered to get tested immediately and isolate until a result is received.

It comes as Minister for Health Martin Foley on Monday afternoon revealed two new infections in addition to the two “likely cases” announced in the morning.
https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...a2785b75ae6438

Will be interesting to see what Premier Merlino will do...
Old 24-05-2021, 07:52 PM   #10825
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Looked like there was less than a dozen who made the trip, so I am interested how many a couple + a couple actually adds up to, and how close that is to all of them!!!
Well Chan 7 just reported that the coach had his shot but still caught it. Whole team has been kicked out of the "competition" and are now in isolation. I'm assuming they mean the "competition" in the US. Its still not clear if those that did not test positive whether they will be allowed to head to Japan.

If the whole team isn't allowed to go due to being close contacts, then what about everyone else at the competition they were at?
Old 24-05-2021, 09:34 PM   #10826
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

‘Silently brewing’: No lockdown as missing links to new COVID cluster sought

A senior federal Coalition source on Monday night told The Age that Victorian health officials were working on the theory that the outbreak was linked to the Wollert case, but genomic sequencing was required to confirm the link.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...24-p57ujw.html
Old 24-05-2021, 09:43 PM   #10827
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Well Chan 7 just reported that the coach had his shot but still caught it. Whole team has been kicked out of the "competition" and are now in isolation. I'm assuming they mean the "competition" in the US. Its still not clear if those that did not test positive whether they will be allowed to head to Japan.

If the whole team isn't allowed to go due to being close contacts, then what about everyone else at the competition they were at?
Surely they can test on a weekly basis till eventually they come up all clear?

If they block them from attending then they need to ask every other participant to show proof that they have never been struck with Covid.

Japan needs to be a little more diplomatic. They start going hardball blocking people from now it will be more reason to scrap the games - they are already skating on thin ice.

Games are 2 months away. If these chaps get over it and are cleared why can't they attend? 2 weeks I can understand, but 2 months??

Old 24-05-2021, 11:12 PM   #10828
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It appears that many needed to compete in the US competitions to qualify for the games. Some of the team have already qualified. Several of the team were too young for vaccination, under current guidelines.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
Old 24-05-2021, 11:24 PM   #10829
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
‘Silently brewing’: No lockdown as missing links to new COVID cluster sought

A senior federal Coalition source on Monday night told The Age that Victorian health officials were working on the theory that the outbreak was linked to the Wollert case, but genomic sequencing was required to confirm the link.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...24-p57ujw.html
Linked or not our state government and our health department are still making mistakes, now we have to wait and see how bad this outbreak spreads and what restrictions will be imposed on us.

Quote:
The Andrews government was forced to admit contact tracers “fell down” by wrongly listing a supermarket exposure site.
Victoria’s contact tracers “fell down” by wrongly listing a supermarket exposure site, the government has conceded, as the opposition calls for sackings if the bungle is linked to the latest cases.

Contact tracers incorrectly listed a Woolworths store in Epping, rather than Epping North, as an exposure site visited by an infected man after he was released from hotel quarantine in Adelaide.

But on Friday they were forced to issue an urgent alert for people who had visited the Epping North supermarket to get tested after discovering the error.

Health Minister Martin Foley said on Monday that the mistake was realised after wastewater testing detected traces of the virus in the area.
He said that the original listing was based on discussions with the man, banking records that detailed transactions at “Epping Woolworths”, and the face it was near to other exposure sites.

“Where our team fell down is that they took it to be Epping Woolworths straight across the road from another primary exposure site, the Indian grocer,” he said.

“Epping Woolworths is literally across the road.

“As a result of the wastewater positives last week, our team went back and went through all of that again … it was in fact Epping North Woolworths.”
While authorities had not uncovered a link between the latest cases and to the return traveller or the Woolworths exposure site, the Opposition called for ministers to be sacked if the outbreak was connected to the bungle.
Opposition leader Michael O’Brien said Victorians wanted a government that is “doing the basics” to keep the community safe and open.

“Instead we’ve got the government making basic errors over the locations of supermarkets, and those basic errors are putting all of us at risk and that is just not acceptable,” Mr O’Brien said.
“This is a government that created a second wave through its own incompetence. They promised us they learnt the lessons and it seems they haven’t.

“If we get another outbreak in Melbourne because this government didn’t do the basics right then frankly the health Minister and other ministers need to lose their jobs.”
Old 24-05-2021, 11:37 PM   #10830
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Linked or not our state government and our health department are still making mistakes, now we have to wait and see how bad this outbreak spreads and what restrictions will be imposed on us.
SO what happened? I lost interest in following the blow by blow. Something about a receipt not showing which Woolworths it was within a few hundred metres of each other?

So they went back to check after noticing abnormal sewerage samples? Sounds like they did a good thing there.

The fact they haven't hinted on a lock down suggests enough people are coming forward for testing. If cases grow outside of the current family clusters, we might be in for a snap 2-3 day lock down. If we need to do it....do it!

Quote:
A senior federal Coalition source on Monday night told The Age that Victorian health officials .........
FFS. Wish they would just spit it out. Don't see the need for the secret hush hush psst psst I have a secret leak type mentality.
Closed Thread