Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
mc_konazz
Camry Menace

Default XR4 Mod - Warranty issues + Towbar

Hey all.

Looks like i'm getting an XR4 - just gotta wait for work to approve the lease.

My question is, is there any way to add kilowatts, but keep the warranty intact? i.e. would putting an different air filter on void warranty - should note that my old man is a mechanic, and so are 2 other friends... so if need be, i could reinstall the factory stuff???

Can also someone give a run down of mods that can be done, and what the cost would be? I'm not talking XTREME ones - just keeping it under say total $5k!

Finally (should of asked the dealer - but they probably wouldn't know why) you can't get a factory towbar fitted on the XR4... i assume the kit? Anyone know if it can be done aftermarket... in sydney... don't want to ruin the body by some amateur doing it.... I really need the towbar for my bike rack - as I carry other stuff on the roof (surf boards etc). I could do the practical thing, and use my girlfriends car/my camry which my little brother is getting ... but i want to drive my XR4 EVERYWHERE!!!

MK

mc_konazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post