Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Teflon Turbo
Banned

Post Police Officer Stood Down For Speeding!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...n-for-speeding

"A senior police officer has been stood down for allegedly racing after a speeding car without approval.

The Courier Mail has identified him as Senior Sergeant Bryan Eaton and say he allegedly clocked up to 223km/h while pursuing a speeding car along a busy section of the Bruce Highway near Brisbane without flashing lights and sirens or approval.

In a statement, police said the Queensland Police Service has strict policies in place to minimise the risks associated with pursuits to the general public, offenders and officers, and every pursuit and attempted intercept is closely scrutinised to ensure adherence to these policies.

Senior police are investigating the August 22 incident captured on camera.

The Ethical Standards Command will overview the investigation"

Old 03-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Seems reasonable. If I was doing 223Km/h I'm sure I'd get to see the inside of a watch house for a while.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fake 223km/h speed limit sign?

You know these fake signs get you every time......
Old 03-09-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
Teflon Turbo
Banned

lol.... that's funny~!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Kaan
Mercury XR6

I saw one of these cop cars couple of days ago on the western ring road. he was sitting down on the side of the road. And than a truck drive passed and cop car took off and this thing flew behind him. he went to front of the truck and than slowed down, went behind the truck. He was like playing with the truck driver. After that he gave it to it and drive off like he was in a drag (at least 180 km/h). No siren, no lights. I really got upset when I saw this pr*ck. If I was doing that, good bye license for years
Old 03-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #6
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaan
I really got upset when I saw this pr*ck.
Upset?

Oo\===/oO
Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #7
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A very unfortunate thing to see, especially by a senior sgt of all things (A Conny or someone new wouldnt half suprise me). He should get an even harsher penalty than a non police officer would get because he is a law enforcer that set examples
Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Surprised his car didn't burst into flames, go much faster than 110km/h and it usually happens you know.....
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

crush his personal car and remove his license for 5 years minimum. Standing the guy down from his job doesnt really do squat in my eyes. Just because he is a cop doesnt mena he should be exempt from the laws us citizens have to obey.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #10
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You see them do some odd stuff sometimes. I hate seeing them tailgate someone and then book them for the first forced error they make (like don't indicate soon enough, having a towbar that partially covers the number plate from one angle, having a brake light out etc)

Sometimes they get caught out, tho.

I always remember watching an unmarked cop car in Ipswich (AU falcon rego #16 GEE for anyone interested) lose control.

The copper was on his mobile and there were roadworks ahead. He was writing/reading/talking/sms-ing (basically doing anything other than pay attention). He looked up and realized his lane was running out in a bout 5 metres! I had already braked to let him (never hurts to be nice to a cop - they might remember you one day and repay the favour).

He panicked and swung the AU over into the left lane (while standing in the brakes!). He got a big tank slapper, overcorrected, took out a couple of witches hats, swung back the other way and slid sideways into the gutter.

The car jumped and the entire rear axle assembly was pushed about six inches to the right.

I wonder how he explained that one back at the station?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I see more Police speeding than those staying to speed limits to be honest. I used to get peeved, but now I know there’s no point.

My favourite Cop speeding story is one that occurred in 07 in Sept just south of Wauchope NSW. We were on an open stretch of straight road when I notice far off in the distance (behind) what looked like a BA Falcon. A few sec later it ripped past (Merc Silver XR6T) at easily over 180kmh. No lights etc. Then 2 mins later a marked XR6T ripped past at about the same speed as the first one. Then 5 mins later another marked at similar speeds. No lights, no sirens, nothing. Either they were giving their cars a blast or there was some emergency which meant they didn’t need lights etc.

It seems like there is a law for civilians and a law for law enforces. They don’t seem to be all that similar either.

Yeah I agree Blueoval. Crush his most expensive personal car.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 03-09-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
Wally
XP Coupe

This is the same copper who chased a pair of blokes a few years back, resulting in their deaths and the subsequent procedural change not to pursue at high speed.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM   #13
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

link, wally?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #14
Wally
XP Coupe

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...2-3102,00.html
Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #15
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Fake 223km/h speed limit sign?

You know these fake signs get you every time......
i oviosly fooled him, that will be his defence.

and yeah crush the cop car, see how the gov likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
great find
Old 03-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #16
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So what!
There was no pursuit on, was there. and maybe if he had come up with lights flashing. it may of turned into a pursuit. he is a senior officer. not some dumb schmuck, you know.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
ltd_on20s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan
So what!
There was no pursuit on, was there. and maybe if he had come up with lights flashing. it may of turned into a pursuit. he is a senior officer. not some dumb schmuck, you know.

lights still have to be used espcially when travelling way over the speed limit.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

So the question is would they impound the car for 48 hours?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #19
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Just a heads up, as per usual in these cops threads, your account will be impounded for 48 hours if you step over the line
Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #20
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well the lights are there so other drivers can clearly see there is a cop car coming, when an emergency vehicle passes through you are meant to make it easy for them to go past at whatever speed they are travelling, not having lights on kind of defeats the purpose of trying to catch someone speeding because hes putting just as many lives at risk, the lights are a precaution against this... notice it said "busy section of the highway"

and yes, i see police speeding all the time for no reason at all, just casually going 10km over in traffic etc
if that is safe for them why not us?
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 03-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #21
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow hame

i am guessing you dont like it here if that is the case don't come here

the people here are generally great and only close threads due to stuff ike you just posted

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #22
HSE2

Which is obviously what has occurred now.

It not pleasant or enjoyable to close, delete or ban forum members but yet some seem to delight in ruining it for others.

Every society has rules, checks and balances. Forums by extension have people that dedicate spare time to making sure the entire forum remains enjoyable and informative for everyone by maintaining a standard that is clearly set out for all to read. Take a look around at the relationships, the activities, the friendships that forums like this allow to facilitate then ask yourself if you want to be part of that. That, participation, is not unconditional.

Think about what you say and how you say it and be proactive in making this place the best forum to visit. You get out what you are prepared to put in. Give respect and you get respect.

Ignore a simple straight forward request by forums staff, you get the thread closed and most likely a holiday. That is not fun nor smart.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
Closed Thread