Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
XC-351

Default road rage

just wondering if anyone has ever been road raged nothing physical and been able to take it to police and actually have action taken against the person...

dont really wanna tell the story but a guy tried side swiping me then chased me then stopped my car by blocking 2 lanes on the highway and got out his car and came towards mine, i then took off

i didnt do anythign what so ever and i dont want this thread to be about what actually happened more if anything can be done

Old 27-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Ibrox90
Banned

A guy smashed my windscreen (on my magna) at a set of lights with a baseball bat. Needless to say he was quickly dispatched by myself. and thus the police deemed it an assault charge for me and a criminal damage for him.

Id like to point out that I was never actually charged with assualt and his insurance company payed the damage.

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
Teflon Turbo
Banned

yeap, then the alarm clock went off
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should call the police with the guys rego number as soon after the incident as possible.
Try to avoid any confrontation I had a guy drunk off his head trying to fight me once I saw him trying to damage car mirrors when I abused him for his actions he tried to fight me . All I could think was there are too many cameras here and I will end up in court as the bad guy
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Let's see all the keyboard warriors tell us how they beat up muhammed Ali at the traffic lights...
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've just turned the telly off, UFC was on. This topic is gonna be a beauty.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
Krytox
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I road rage with myself all the time...
If some idiots doing 10k's under the limit in the right lane and a trucks on the left boxing me in, Its my fault for going that way!

The other me say's I knew I shoulda gone the other way.....ffs!
Strange thing is, when I fight... I always winż
Old 27-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
peaandham

I normally have mates in my car and if someone does something i dont like we dont do anything psychical unless someone stops normally we all just yell out the window and get them the good ole finger !
peaandham is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Im rather tempted just to close this thread, but may obtain some enjoyment in ultimately hugging some warning points into members.

Keep the discussion civil
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
ryanstev

MIL and fiance were on their way to scatter my fiance's grandfather's ashes, when someone was parrallel parking, forcing the SUV in front to stop and then my MIL's Skyline, unfortunately the moron driving the SUV behind didn't stop and slammed into her car, forcing it into the back of the SUV in front.

The aftermath: the Honda CRV in front had a scratched bumper, the Isuzu Wizard left it's number plates imprinted into the Skyline's crushed in boot, which also received a crushed in bonnet.
The kids piled out of their SUV and started swearing straight away.

I got a phone call to come around, which I did with my 19 month old and 3 year old daughters.

We had to wait 1 1/2 hours for the cops to arrive and the kids were getting ***tty because they wanted to go to the beach (more like avoid a fine)

After 1 1/2 hours the five of them in the SUV and three of their friends who showed up in a chopped spring piece of crap surrounded my MIL and said they wanted to leave, I walked up for moral support and when my MIL turned to me, I said it's not a good idea, since without the police report you couldn't prove that she was forced into the SUV in front, so she might have been liable for that.

When the kids heard me say that they became really insulting, one said something about me having b---- tits (I do, but I workout so about 75% of that is actually muscle, with a small layer of fat on top, just thought I'd clarify that.)

They said other insults, etc, etc, said why can't we leave and I said the cops are on their way, if you leave you'll be done for hit and run, etc, more insults, the driver started getting really whiney and I said stop acting like a d---head.

When the father who turned up heard this, he went from restraining his son to getting into my face and telling me not to say anything like that or he'll sort me out (ie fight me)
FFS! He ignores his stupid son's carry on and then reacts to that.

I said then I'll do you for assault and he backed off. (Dunno why, it's probably only a $200 fine)

The son was swearing at the top of his voice and actively trying to get to me, with 2 of his friends holding him back. The skinny little weed wouldn't dream of talking to me like that if he was alone. (neither would his tiny father to be honest)

Then and this ****es me off, he had a go at my fiance who was holding my 19 month old daughter in her arms.
I'm lucky he was held back, because if he was in my fiance's face I'd have decked him and then had all 8 of them beating the crap out of me.

They went back to their SUV, saying how the kid would "waste me" etc. He was about 60kg of skin and bone, I was 100kg of fat and muscle, it's not an understatement to say he'd bounce off me.

I called 111 to report the escalation and 5 minutes later the cops finally arrived, where it all got sorted. No idea if the kid got a ticket or not.

Old 28-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

And they wanted to leave?!! After that??!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #12
ryanstev

As my MIL drove onto the side of the road they actually said "Oh, it's alright" (referring to the car) stupid kids wanting no responsibility.
Old 28-08-2009, 07:46 AM   #13
The Snout

You handled it well.
The Snout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #14
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

I have a story too:

Quite some time ago I was driving along late one evening in no particular mood, on a relatively twisty secondary arterial with 100kph limit (good fun road) in the middle of nowhere really - semi rural I guess, dry clear weather, no cloud and good visibility...when a set of lights caught up to me...not very quickly but at a steady pace. I ignored, and proceeded as I was on or around the limit...maybe a bit over but nothing excessive - I was in the XR8 but I digress.

I noticed the lights got closer, and indeed so close that I could not see them in my rear mirror...I thought great, just what I need and I was in such a good mood. I continued to ignore as we both came upon broken lines with ample space for even the 'noddiest' of cars to overtake...I maintained speed and hoped Goober would overtake...but nope...Goober stayed glued to my bumper...so at the next lot of broken lines with a looong sweeping downhill open right hander followed by a loooong sweeping left...I thought cool...a B-Double could round me up here...but no...stayed put...

I am in no mood to race this night so I flicked the indicator a couple of times quickly (very quickly as not to be confused with indicating that I was turning right - no side roads or driveways anyway)...all of a sudden...his high beam came on...I thought "are you really that much of an ID10T?" So I thought...ok mate, you win and I indicated left and pulled off the road to let him past...remembering we are in a 100kph zone as well. As he shot past me I saw it was a Citroen Berlingo/Holden Combo and I laughed out loud...jeez mate...what a Goober...so I thought as a little bit of payback I will blast him with the high beam, so I pulled straight back on the road behind him as he was pulling away from me, lined up square and flick...on they came, standard high beams not 6,000,000,000,000,000,000 watt Narva's or anything just poor old 60/55's.

Well...he did not like that and SLAMMED ON HIS BRAKES SO HARD HE ALMOST CAME TO A STOP...remembering - we are in a 100kph zone...I had nothing else to do but hit the brakes and naturally...the rubbish ABS on E Series Falcons activated and I lost all braking all together, he was in a Berlingo that weighs as much as a chip packet and I'm in an E Series XR8 which weighs 1.5 tons and ordinary brakes and crunch...one bloody nosed XR8.

Needless to say...the usual un-pleasantries ensued such as name calling...who was in the wrong?...why were you driving so close to me?...why didn't you speed up?...why didn't you overtake?...why did you hit me from behind?...are you serious?...why are you in such a hurry?...why are you so stupid?......etc. etc. etc. But somehow...both of us managed to not throw any punches, beat each other to death with garbage bins or wheel braces, no shots were fired and no one went to hospital. There was a toe to toe moment and neither wanted to back down...

Legally I am in the wrong as I hit him, so my insurance covered both, but no ticket as it was a minor collision not a major so no Neg Drive ticket.

It does not matter who is in the wrong, road raging, exacting revenge, hurling abuse, blocking, slamming on brakes "to teach a lesson"...none of it works and all of it is dangerous and counterproductive.

Call the police, give them the rego and leave it with them.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #15
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snout
You handled it well.
I agree.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(SOLD)
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post