Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 24-11-2020, 02:12 PM   #7891
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Before the no-vaccination / no-fly rules become another political hot potato, let's remember that this will almost certainly see a return of the no-vaccination / no visa rule for destination countries (including ours) because once it is reasonably contained within our borders then it can only be brought in by visitors.

It's not that long ago that there was a long list of countries that you couldn't get a visa for without proof of vaccination / booster and those days are coming back with a vengeance once the various Governments start nutting out what needs to be done.

Of course, no one is forcing you to do it. You always have the choice of travel within parts of Australia (for now).

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 02:14 PM   #7892
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
www.google.com

Or turn your tv on. It's all over the news
Tracey Grimshaw said so, she is Trumps best buddy, but if she talks about hooning she has gone to far!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
This user likes this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 02:15 PM   #7893
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Mr Joyce suggested anti-vaxxers who weren’t happy with that rule may struggle to find an alternative airline to fly with.

“I think that’s going to be a common thing, talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe,” he said.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 24-11-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: updated the chart
Old 24-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #7894
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Havent seen the link but QANTAS will want to be very careful with that one.

No jab no play policies have been around for a while but while I dont agree with much of what you say BossXr8 I do agree that I am happy to wait for 6 months or so until the vaccines have been widely used.

Even then ill stretch it as long as I can, my kids and myself are fully vaccinated, but this sits differently with me.
Exactly the same boat, looks like it will be a family road trip to QLD.
Old 24-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #7895
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Mr Joyce suggested anti-vaxxers who weren’t happy with that rule may struggle to find an alternative airline to fly with.

“I think that’s going to be a common thing, talking to my colleagues in other airlines around the globe,” he said.

Id safely wager (no one takes me up on them anyway) that most FF's are of a more logical and pragmatic mindset, the jab once proven within reason and certified wont be an issue.

All the ones that kick up a fuss about their liberties can catch a train, bus or their pretend EV.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #7896
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:

Looks like Pete Evans will be holidaying at home for a while then
Old 24-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #7897
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Exactly the same boat, looks like it will be a family road trip to QLD.
And thats OK, we were off to France next year but parking that idea until all of this hopefully dies down which I cant see happening until 2022 anyway, which will be enough time to see how it all pans out.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-11-2020, 02:49 PM   #7898
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS
Taxi owners have the right to refuse people who are dirty, drunk, etc. Same same. But it's more that Qantas knows that there will be a new world order in travel coming up - you're not vaccine certified? Get back on the plane where you came from.

I'm all for it. As a FF myself I don't expect to have to sit next to some plague-ridden zombie.

This will spread to other forms of social interactions as well - restaurants, cinemas, hotels, who knows - even employment? It won't take the long to convert the 'vaxers into compliant citizens
If you have the vaccine, what would it matter? Or is it that it's one in 10 that it won't work for, like the makers are suggesting? Meaning even if you get it, it won't guarantee it will work.

Compliant citizens

Stick your arm out and just take this untried vaccine, what could possibly go wrong. Have we seriously reached the point where the people will just blindly follow whatever the government tells them?
Old 24-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #7899
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Id safely wager (no one takes me up on them anyway) that most FF's are of a more logical and pragmatic mindset, the jab once proven within reason and certified wont be an issue.

All the ones that kick up a fuss about their liberties can catch a train, bus or their pretend EV.
Always goes straight to the "hurr-durr anti-vaxxer" doesn't it.

But I reckon most people will be like me. Have no issue with vaccinations that are tried and proven for serious diseases. But are extremely skeptical about untried, rushed vaccines for a virus that is largely recoverable for just about everybody that gets it. The recover rates are in the high 90% range. Tell me why I need a vaccine for that? I'd probably have more chance of being struck by lightning or killed in a road accident than die of covid. Or probably even catching it in australia.

Travelling overseas might make it more of an option though, cause it would increase the risk of catching it.
Old 24-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #7900
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
If you have the vaccine, what would it matter? Or is it that it's one in 10 that it won't work for, like the makers are suggesting? Meaning even if you get it, it won't guarantee it will work.

Compliant citizens

Stick your arm out and just take this untried vaccine, what could possibly go wrong. Have we seriously reached the point where the people will just blindly follow whatever the government tells them?
Well the nature of the 'vaxer is to distrust anyone and everything, as opposed to the bulk of educated Australians. They're not working for the collective good of the country.

I'm happy for Gov-Co and private enterprise to treat 'vaxers as second-class citizens by imposing penalties and removing rights that first-class citizens will continue to enjoy. 'vaxers will either comply or die out.
Old 24-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #7901
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Well the nature of the 'vaxer is to distrust anyone and everything, as opposed to the bulk of educated Australians. They're not working for the collective good of the country.

I'm happy for Gov-Co and private enterprise to treat 'vaxers as second-class citizens by imposing penalties and removing rights that first-class citizens will continue to enjoy. 'vaxers will either comply or die out.
Just bend over and take it then? If our country was filled with those sorts of people we would be like China in no time

Enjoy your side effects though. I really wish they would go into more details about the side effects the drug companies are already talking about. So we actually know what it is they are seeing during testing.

They will no doubt keep that close to their chests though.
Old 24-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #7902
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:

I am by no means an anti-vaxer, but to 'force' me to be vaccinated to fly on his ****ing aircraft is a bit much, I will fly with someone else, or drive if I can
Old 24-11-2020, 03:14 PM   #7903
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Just bend over and take it then? If our country was filled with those sorts of people we would be like China in no time
Oh dear. Nothing like emotive rhetoric when you have nothing else.

There is nothing wrong with taking a reasoned decision to accept something that is not only in our own best interest but those of our fellow citizens as well.

I'm not going to start the whole vaccination discussion here but once it is proven as safe as can reasonably be expected then I don't see the issue with it.

There are still various countries that already require vaccination to be proven for things like yellow fever, meningitis, typhoid and malaria amongst others o this is only going to add another to that list - albeit a much more widespread one I suspect.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #7904
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Oh dear. Nothing like emotive rhetoric when you have nothing else.

There is nothing wrong with taking a reasoned decision to accept something that is not only in our own best interest but those of our fellow citizens as well.

I'm not going to start the whole vaccination discussion here but once it is proven as safe as can reasonably be expected then I don't see the issue with it.

There are still various countries that already require vaccination to be proven for things like yellow fever, meningitis, typhoid and malaria amongst others o this is only going to add another to that list - albeit a much more widespread one I suspect.
And if the side effects are so minor (allegedly, still no real long term studies that will take years), then the risk is fairly low.

Internationally it makes sense, if you need to go that bad then just do it. Domestically thats a whole different ball game but I can see it easily being added to the list for child care etc
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 24-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #7905
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Enjoy your side effects though.
Enjoy Anglesea
Old 24-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #7906
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Thank you for pointing out Google and TV, I never would have thought of that.
Have you found out who Fletch is yet ? Gaso

Old 24-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #7907
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Have you found out who Fletch is yet ? Gaso
Nup
Old 24-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #7908
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Nup
and I even provided a link on that thread. Meanwhile more seriously, Franco's doubting Australian truck regulation in the pub section.

Old 24-11-2020, 05:52 PM   #7909
Trevor 57
is now there

Franco has become an expert on everything in the last few years
Old 24-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #7910
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Enjoy your side effects though. I really wish they would go into more details about the side effects the drug companies are already talking about. So we actually know what it is they are seeing during testing.

They will no doubt keep that close to their chests though.
Please keep your pants on. The vaccine will most likely be taken as a jab through the arm. No need to bend.

However I do agree about wanting more data, specifically the ones that are using NEW synthetic technology. What exactly is operation warp speed? Skip a few health and safety steps? You can't buy time. The timing of all these vaccine announcements is interesting, what are the changes they are all ready at the same time?

If I have a choice, give me the tried and proven techniques for delivering vaccine. Nothing is 100% fool proof though. Remember SARS? The vaccine approved for use in UK and Australia had issues, and UK just made a big settlement to victims.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 06:19 PM   #7911
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Please keep your pants on. The vaccine will most likely be taken as a jab through the arm. No need to bend.

However I do agree about wanting more data, specifically the ones that are using NEW synthetic technology. What exactly is operation warp speed? Skip a few health and safety steps? You can't buy time. The timing of all these vaccine announcements is interesting, what are the changes they are all ready at the same time?

If I have a choice, give me the tried and proven techniques for delivering vaccine. Nothing is 100% fool proof though. Remember SARS? The vaccine approved for use in UK and Australia had issues, and UK just made a big settlement to victims.
We can actually. In 'straya we are on course for elimination and, being an island and controlling our borders, we have the luxury of sitting back and watching how things go in the rest of the world with the many vaccines on offer. Don't think that ScoMo isn't aware of this strategy.

We are very lucky people.
Old 24-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #7912
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
We can actually. In 'straya we are on course for elimination and, being an island and controlling our borders, we have the luxury of sitting back and watching how things go in the rest of the world with the many vaccines on offer. Don't think that ScoMo isn't aware of this strategy.

We are very lucky people.
Yes and no. I think you'll find $ and economy will be prioritised. We want and need people coming in.

And I've got places to go and people to see.... and it doesn't involve rocks and dirt

No jab no play will come into force.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 24-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #7913
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
I am by no means an anti-vaxer, but to 'force' me to be vaccinated to fly on his ****ing aircraft is a bit much, I will fly with someone else, or drive if I can
Virgin went broke and you can't drive to Europe Trev

It was with regards to international travel. There was no mention of domestic flights, however I'd be in full support of it being applied to that as well.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #7914
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

Those results really surprise me.

I was expecting 80% for and 20% against.

I think not only will every international carrier insist on getting the shot, most countries will also make it a condition of entry.

Travel on public transport to other countries is a privilege, not a right.

When I did Africa I had to have a little yellow book with me of all the shots I had. If I didn't have that I would not have gained entry to several countries as it was their requirement for entry.

If I didn't like their rules, I wouldn't have travelled there.

I understand that there are concerns for the fact the vaccine has been fast tracked through the R&D phase. In that case sit back and wait 6-12 more months to see what happens to the early guinea pigs of the vaccine.

We have been forced to sit tight for almost a year already, waiting a little longer won't hurt.

I actually look forward to getting on a plane as soon as I can and will be the first in line to get a shot.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 24-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #7915
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post

Bit hard to drive if it's for overseas travel...
Old 24-11-2020, 07:57 PM   #7916
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon travel insurance companies are likely to have a vaccine requirement to offer cover.
4 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2020, 08:01 PM   #7917
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Talking of mandatory vaccinations...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...-newsnight-ont

I can see it happening. UK, USA, China, Russia and most of the South American countries will make it mandatory I think.
Old 24-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #7918
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
So Qantas saying no jab, no fly. Knew it was a matter of time before the "not mandatory" vaccine started being forced on people. Next step will be removing welfare and various other government initiatives from people that don't get the "not mandatory" vaccine.

All for a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate, in a country with basically a handful of cases. They can shove their untried vaccine until it's been proven it's safe and effective imo. And not just some rushed trials.

Already hearing things like older people have less side effects than younger people after being given the vaccine. So what exactly are these side effects? Tiredness, sore throat, a second head?
Joyce handing more flights to the competition with that policy!
Old 24-11-2020, 09:11 PM   #7919
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Virgin went broke and you can't drive to Europe Trev

It was with regards to international travel. There was no mention of domestic flights, however I'd be in full support of it being applied to that as well.
umm, there are other international airlines, and by the time I feel safe going overseas they will all be back to 'normal'

Joyce can bugger off back to Ireland with his boyfriend partner
Old 24-11-2020, 09:12 PM   #7920
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Joyce handing more flights to the competition with that policy!

What competition? They’ll all fall into line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Closed Thread