Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default TRUCKING magnate Lindsay Fox has urged Australians to "make love tonight and create a

TRUCKING magnate Lindsay Fox has urged Australians to "make love tonight and create another baby for Australia".

When asked today about a report published by Leadership Management Australasia that says baby boomers are more of a headache for managers rather than Generation Y, Mr Fox encouraged Australians to have more children.

"No, we need all the babies we can get so we can populate Australia," he said.

"So I'd encourage everyone to go home and make love tonight and create another baby for Australia.

"I was a careless Protestant, my wife was a good Catholic, and we had six kids in seven years and I'd endorse that to everyone."

Mr Fox delivered his procreation proclamation after donating more than $1 million to the Red Cross Victorian Floods Appeal.

Flanked by Premier Ted Baillieu and appeal chairman Ron Walker, Mr Fox presented the money, which was raised through his role as the president of the Australian-German Chamber of Commerce.

He can afford more kids..I am sure the average ausie cann't!!!!!!!

Old 25-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: TRUCKING magnate Lindsay Fox has urged Australians to "make love tonight and create a

What about if you just practise??? lol

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: TRUCKING magnate Lindsay Fox has urged Australians to "make love tonight and create a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Yeah that sounds like a plan.
Ill hit the GF up for that later, for the good of Australia obviously!
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #4
ohzone
Dent Removal

Just what the world needs, more people!
ohzone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Practise makes perfect.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohzone
I agree with you. Perhaps we should just kill off all the old and then the disabled and then the sick and then the homeless and then the poor and then the uneducated and then legislate a one child policy, which would only be open to those who do the course and pay the fees, and then we'll have enough for the rest of us.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #7
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What Lindsay is really trying to say is that he wants the Anglo-Saxon majority of the population to increase, much in the same way that Peter Costello did a few years ago. Nothing wrong with that, but why mask it behind political correctness?
Old 25-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
I agree with you. Perhaps we should just kill off all the old and then the disabled and then the sick and then the homeless and then the poor and then the uneducated and then legislate a one child policy, which would only be open to those who do the course and pay the fees, and then we'll have enough for the rest of us.

GK
Solution to two of the worlds biggest problems - feed the homeless to the hungry...

I'm surprised he's actually come out and said this, the article seems slightly disjointed, as though something is missing...like context...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
What Lindsay is really trying to say is that he wants the Anglo-Saxon majority of the population to increase, much in the same way that Peter Costello did a few years ago. Nothing wrong with that, but why mask it behind political correctness?
What about us non anglo-saxon Australians?
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #10
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Sorry, you're not going to get Raptured.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #11
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Yes we CAN!!!! ; )
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll try but considering the little snip I had last year we probably won't produce a sprog

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Supercharged

Quote:
This thread is going to get ugly.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
We don't need help breeding buddy, comes naturally

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 25-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #15
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
We don't need help breeding buddy, comes naturally
What do you mean?
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #16
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nevermind...it's not important, nor is what Lindsay Fox said either for that matter.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #17
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess we shall see what happens 9 months from now.....
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #18
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

I'd have no problems having seven kids if I had the fortune Lindsay has too!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #19
spooty

as if people are going to go home and make a baby just because he said so, what a douche bag...
THINGS
OTHER STUFF
AND SOMETHING ELSE
spooty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #20
StrokedXT
Banned

Reading tha just makes me wonder if Mr Fox is going a little Charlie Sheen, How are his comments related to the question he was asked?
StrokedXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #21
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I laugh everytime someone says they dont have enough money to have kids, no-one ever does!

There is never a perfect time, so if you want to, do it. My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. With our first one, my wife and I were young and we had to live in a caravan in the back of my parent's place as we couldnt even afford rent - still the happiest time of my life back then, even though it was tough.

Growing up, we were very poor but we made do with four kids in the family. Still I probably had one of the richest childhoods anyone could ask for.

There is never a perfect time, so dont waste your life waiting.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #22
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

GK

Sounds like SPARTAAAARRRR.

On a serious note, if the world is concerned abot the environment, more people is bad. Also I am not a believer in the inert gas, CO2 (the gas responsible for ozone production and plant growth) being the cause of our problems.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #23
DJR MAN
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I laugh everytime someone says they dont have enough money to have kids, no-one ever does!

There is never a perfect time, so if you want to, do it. My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me. With our first one, my wife and I were young and we had to live in a caravan in the back of my parent's place as we couldnt even afford rent - still the happiest time of my life back then, even though it was tough.

Growing up, we were very poor but we made do with four kids in the family. Still I probably had one of the richest childhoods anyone could ask for.

There is never a perfect time, so dont waste your life waiting.
Well said!
There is so much more to life than living in the best house you could afford or having the newest car in the drive way. Just go and do it, Australia is such a prosperous country good wages, work is available, govt assistance, why wouldn't you just do it.
Also, think of how many people in your life that were the 3rd born in their family or later. Think of how much different your life would be if they weren't in your life. Now think if everyone only had 1 or 2 kids as this is the rule "all we can afford", how different that would be. You/we can't afford not to have more babies - and they're cute too.

Not trying to sound too heavy and biblical, but, "Go forth and mulitply":
DJR MAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 10:31 AM   #24
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

There is a family upgere in Qld, who this week gave birth to their 15th child. That's right 15th. An Australian record. Channel 9 had a story on the news last night (8th of June) ofhow the family runs.

When asked "What about number 16?"

"Well we hope so, but one day nature will step in & that will be a sad day"
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #25
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
There is a family upgere in Qld, who this week gave birth to their 15th child. That's right 15th. An Australian record. Channel 9 had a story on the news last night (8th of June) ofhow the family runs.

When asked "What about number 16?"

"Well we hope so, but one day nature will step in & that will be a sad day"
Buy them a TV!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #26
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK

GK
just like soylent green

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #27
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

And is he going to send me a yearly cheque for my $90 a day childcare fees once this love making is over? $90 on top of my current child who is in Childcare so $180 a day in total..
Old 09-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohzone

+1
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #29
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
And is he going to send me a yearly cheque for my $90 a day childcare fees once this love making is over? $90 on top of my current child who is in Childcare so $180 a day in total..
your childcare seems very cheap. mine is much more expernsive. my whole wage goes to childcare and i get just enough back to put petrol in my car to get to work to earn the money to pay for my wife childcare
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #30
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Yeah that sounds like a plan.
Ill hit the GF up for that later, for the good of Australia obviously!
Thanks for that. Brought a big smile and a big of a chuckle...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post