Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Legal street drags ( SA )

Hi all, are there any other legal places in and around adelaide for legal street drags / practice besids AIR, these guys are hardly ever open ( which is a shame )

Pete

DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Hi all, are there any other legal places in and around adelaide for legal street drags / practice besids AIR, these guys are hardly ever open ( which is a shame )

Pete
I reckon you will struggle there DOC. The closest i reckon will be Mildura (1/8 mile) or even Portland / Warrnambool in Vic. Then you have Calder / Heathcote. Then there is Kwinana Beach in Perth. Yeah i was right you will struggle.

From what i hear from some reliable poeple is that there is going to be some nice things happen in S.A. pretty soon.

Regards Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2006, 10:18 PM   #3
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Company Car
I reckon you will struggle there DOC. The closest i reckon will be Mildura (1/8 mile) or even Portland / Warrnambool in Vic. Then you have Calder / Heathcote. Then there is Kwinana Beach in Perth. Yeah i was right you will struggle.
From what i hear from some reliable poeple is that there is going to be some nice things happen in S.A. pretty soon.
Regards Craig
Thanks Craig,
It is a pitty the guys over here could not get some action together, It will be good if we get some some more options over here, i would love a SA version of heathcote ( say 1 or 2 hours north, this would allow adelaide , the barrosa, iron and copper triangle areas to all be involved.

for now it looks like heathcote trips are the best option.

Cheers
Pete
Old 30-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Youre always welcome over here mate.......
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Thanks Craig,
It is a pitty the guys over here could not get some action together, It will be good if we get some some more options over here, i would love a SA version of heathcote ( say 1 or 2 hours north, this would allow adelaide , the barrosa, iron and copper triangle areas to all be involved.

for now it looks like heathcote trips are the best option.

Cheers
Pete
We've had 3 or 4 "meets" at AIR where say 5 AFF members have been racing.

For example

Myself
Brad XR8888
Stockstandard
BAGTHO
MightyEFGhia
SikXR8

all raced one night.

AIR has a meet on the 4th of Feb and 4th of March. Im looking to head out for the 4th March meet

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

I heard today that there may be some changes about to happen at AIR which will be fairly big.....one of which will be erecting timing boards....can't say too much more but things are going to happen out there.

I agree with Doc that it is very disappointing that the past few street meets have been cancelled......go for a cruise down Anzac Highway on any Friday or Saturday night and you will see some of the effects of cancelling street meets.

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
AIR has a meet on the 4th of Feb and 4th of March. Im looking to head out for the 4th March meet
I think the one on the 4th is cancelled, and would be great to get out at te track as a group, but i would like to see a few more test n tune weekends.
Old 31-01-2006, 12:34 AM   #8
BAturb

there is a crew from fast fords forum going myself included on the 4th of march, hopefully by then they will have the timing system sorted out

Dyno figures are just Numbers!!!

Winner best Ford ute any model
07 Adelaide all Ford day
BAturb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
go for a cruise down Anzac Highway on any Friday or Saturday night and you will see some of the effects of cancelling street meets.

Brad
Exactly right.

In fact we 'saw' 2 Skylines taking on a VX Commodore (3 way drag), and afterwards they all pulled up in the servo. I asked the bloke about his VX, and he said the meet out at AIR had been cancelled that night so he had gone out 'street racing' instead. (He reckoned his car ran 12's, and I would believe it)

Firstly you will never get people off the streets and into AIR if it costs $50 just to enter, plus you then have about 10 stoppages during the night due to those bloody comp cars dropping oil, also I would think some people would be intimidated running next to a 10 second LJ Torana with no exhaust! ( I ran along side a new Monaro with no exhaust and I couldn't even hear my car's revs or anything!).

Then there is the issue of the non existant timing boards! Sure there is commentary but by the time the guy is reading out times the next cars are doing burnouts so it drowns out the commentary.

Sorry about the whinge it's just that AIR is a good track it's just not been run very well or efficently when I have been either racing or watching, and it is annoying seeing a good track being wasted as it is at the moment.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post