Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-04-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Ando_Leigh

Default Ford Service

I know i know, there are endless threads about people’s bad experience with them.

But i would just like to say so far my experience with them has been great.

First of all A few people might remember a while back when the ba's got recalled due to a rear break lining issue.

I promptly booked the car in for them to do the service, Two days before hand they called and said that they had run out of the part and couldn't fix the problem. I was starting to think here we go. Anyway about 2 weeks later the called and said the parts had arrived and i could drop it down there tomorrow. As i did that i pointed out a few other little issues i had been having and asked if these could be sorted out as well. They said no problem
I Arrived back to find everything fixed plus a few more issue they had picked up that i had just thought were normal little things with the car.

Well this week my central locking stopped working i rang Monday to book it in they said bring it is as soon as i could. So the next morning i took it down with in an hour the car had been fixed plus again a couple other issues.

I just wanted to let a few people out there know that i guess there are still some pleasant service departments out there.

I would also like to ask how many other people have been sent a txt msg after the service to let them know how they rated?

Old 16-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
charlie200
please insert coins

The only dealer ive ever had a problem with is Alto Ford Artarmon...Car salesmen are great but service treats you like scum and lie through their teeth when it comes to warranty work.I have used Cumberland Ford,power Ford,and Peter Warren Smithfield without any dramas and great prices.
Old 16-04-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie200
The only dealer ive ever had a problem with is Alto Ford Artarmon...Car salesmen are great but service treats you like scum and lie through their teeth when it comes to warranty work.I have used Cumberland Ford,power Ford,and Peter Warren Smithfield without any dramas and great prices.
Funny you should say that!
Is that in the last 12 months? Alto Ford was bought back by the Altomonte family last year & I believe things have improved. Service dept. is at St Leonards not Artarmon.

I've just had my car serviced by them in the last week & couldn't be more pleased & I've had shocking service from other Ford dealers in the past.

Took my FPV Cobra in for it's 3000k inspection last Thursday. Arrived, friendly service advisor greeted me, I said I also had to get some parts replaced under warranty, (Front lower mesh grill & rear seat belt) said he'd look at it & order parts. Rang me & said car was finished (time he said), picked it up 30 mins later to find it had been detailed as well (no cost) . He said the parts would be in Monday could I bring it back Tuesday. Mum had to go into the city on Tuesday so took her with me, arrived to find my service advisor waiting for me, greeted me (friendly) & asked when I wanted the car back, told him & left. Walking to the train mum said to me "these guys seem nice & are friendly" upon asking what made her think that, she said "2 mechanics & another service advisor had walked past her smiled, said hello & asked how she was". She couldn't believe it as she said most mechanics wouldn't speak to you & when they do they treat you like your a lower class scum/idiot.

About 20 mins before I said I wanted the car, my service advisor phoned me & said the car was ready, got back & my advisor was busy with another customer but acknowledged I was there. Another service advisor greeted me & took over, just as happy & helpful as the others, & finished my transaction. I bought a dash mat while there so had to pay for it & did using cash, they didn't have the correct change (but could have easily got it), so the service manager came over & gave me the change with 20 cents off the price. It's only 20c but 20c cheaper is better than nothing, I drove out very happy thinking, nice to have some good service from a Ford dealer. If your wondering, yes they did change the parts under warranty (I checked, I knew what marks the old part had on them). They didn't make up any stories or excuses about getting them replaced (or not) under warranty, they just did it.

Overall very happy with Alto Ford sales & service & would recommend them.

Last edited by cobramania; 16-04-2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Forgot some things
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #4
HenryV8

Whilst on the subject of Sydney Ford Dealer service, a big thumbs up to Brad Garlick Ford of Ryde. Top service team, helpful, reasonable and honest.

It's a shame Jubilee Ford at Five Dock closed, they were also pretty good. What happened to their service manager - is he still with Ford somewhere?

I won't go into my worst service experience with any Ford dealer because it brings back pretty horrible memories. I can't even bring myself to say their name...[cough] [cough]...Titan Ford...[cough] ...Brookvale...[big hacking spit]. Bastards.
HenryV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #5
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Are you sure you guys entered Ford service departments and not The Twilight Zone by mistake??

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Ando_Leigh

Yeah sarrge i had to check twice when i was there after all the horror story's i had heard on here.

Big thumbs up to Dominelli ford
Old 16-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #7
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I've always had good dealings with Brad Garlick in Ryde as well, and one of the few service departments I've seen that are open on Saturday. Why the majority of Ford service departments don't open on weekends in Sydney is a mystery to me. When I had a Holden, it was difficult finding a service department that wouldn't do a service on a Saturday.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #8
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

could this be the change in dealerships

this is the 2nd good report on a dealership in the last week or so

i do hope that it is improving being a new ford is on the cards here very soon

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #9
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

tarrants ford is hopeless, i got my timing chain fixed last year ok that was all good about 400 dollars a few months later it leaked oil again so i got it fixed under parts warantee ok that was good last week i had my car serviced by my new wonderfull mechanic and he said the timing chain was leaking again so i have to pay a couple more hundred dollars to get it fixed again, the guy who runs the srvice department is arrogant and that is putting it mildly
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 09:34 PM   #10
XPfalcon170

just my observation of things, but i find alot of dealerships that are bought out by larger corporations are rather lacking in service as your treated as just a number for whom they try to screw out as much money as possible, while the more privatly owned dealerships actually do have service that is decent, and more "traditional" so to speak.
XPfalcon170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #11
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

I live in N.S.W. and bought my 2005 MKII XR6 from a dealer in VIC. I have been very lucky not to have had any real mechanical dramas so far, but the dealer I dealt with WIGHTS MOTOR WORLD at TRARALGON were fantastic and would have to be the most professional dealership I have dealt with after many years of motoring. Even when the odd minor issue had cropped up it was just a simple email away from being resolved with a minimum of fuss. Not bad when I live about 800 k's away. They gave us overnight accomodation + a full tank of fuel + an additional 12 months warranty. Most dealers wouldn't give a rats ar$3. It's a bloody long way to drive to buy a car, but I wouldn't hesitate to do the trip again in the future when it's time to update.

Russ
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #12
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, I don't know how to post links to threads but if you go to FPV and Boss Powered Falcons there is a thread, "Timing Chain Tensioners - Thank you Ford", where I told how well I was treated by Ford and Sinclair Ford even though my car was well out of warranty.

Cheers!
GTP534 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #13
charlie200
please insert coins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobramania
Funny you should say that!
Is that in the last 12 months? Alto Ford was bought back by the Altomonte family last year & I believe things have improved. Service dept. is at St Leonards not Artarmon.
Sorry yeah i meant St Leonards.Last time i had the car there and it had a bad idle and they said its the exhaust shops who fitted the aftermarket exhaust.They were saying the o2 sensor is missing on one side and thats the cause of it.

I rang up the exhaust shop and told them so they rang Alto Ford to talk to them and they denied the whole conversation that i had with them.So i got under the car and both 02 sensors were installed and just in case they were faulty i replaced them with new ones,but the rough idle was still there.

Turns out after 8 months of this problem coming and going it was finally diagnosed as a faulty tps.

I will buy a car from them in a heartbeat but they will never touch my car for servicing ever again.Once bitten twice shy.
Old 17-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryV8

It's a shame Jubilee Ford at Five Dock closed, they were also pretty good. What happened to their service manager - is he still with Ford somewhere?
Henry, Tony's out at Winford Motors in Windsor now. Great bloke.
Old 17-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #15
KenLee
supercarclub.com.au

I take my car to Peter Warren Smithfield twice for minor service... I think they do a good job. Clean workshop area, experienced technicians, polite service advisors, no one trying to rip me off. No probs. I'd take my car there again for a service.
KenLee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #16
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryV8
Whilst on the subject of Sydney Ford Dealer service, a big thumbs up to Brad Garlick Ford of Ryde. Top service team, helpful, reasonable and honest.

I won't go into my worst service experience with any Ford dealer because it brings back pretty horrible memories. I can't even bring myself to say their name...[cough] [cough]...Titan Ford...[cough] ...Brookvale...[big hacking spit]. Bastards.

Yeah, Toni went to Winford.
I take my cars to Dale, as the best service advisor I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with from Jubilee days is there. Since he started looking after my cars, not one has had a problem. It's simply the best when you know someone you trust is looking after your vehicle.

Quote: