Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #481
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb02
If your anything like me you'll have to eat heaps! I was about 74kg (6'1") before I started and ended up at 85kg.

Try and keep away from fatty foods as any weight you put on just gets burnt off. The idea is to eat clean that way the food is used to process and add muscle (weight) and doesn't get burnt off during cardio. I was eating at least 4 solid meals a day. Cereal in the morning, Tuna mixed with something for morning tea. Lunch was usually sandwiches but always with either chicken or Tuna. When I got home I would have chicken and rice, go to training, and afterwards I would have a protein shake then dinner was either fish and vegies (always with sweet potato) or kangaroo steaks.

Also look at lifting heavy, not too many reps. You want to add bulk and muscle, later you can tone up more.
Ok thanks mate i'll give that a shot starting today, and and i will post up how im going in a month or so. Cheers.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #482
InSaNeSna1L
Protected by Xena

My weight has varied heaps of the last few years.....went from 90kgs overweight to 70 kilos lean to 80kgs muscle back to 90odd muscle/fat. I need to do more cardio....thinking of doing boxing/Muay Thai
Old 03-11-2007, 10:05 AM   #483
iamdeath

mmmmm first time ive read the fatty thread and seeing as im a big fatty myself i thought i better stop in..
im a tad under 6 ft and 155kgs..never been this big but at 31 yrs of age the old metabolism is starting to fail lol..of late i have taken to drinking water only..with the odd coffee,lots of salads,and half what i would normally have for tea...still not doing much exercise lol...but thats on the way when the weight comes off...will keep posting in here but guys..
iamdeath is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:10 PM   #484
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

i'm with iamdeath. just saw this post.

6'3, 125kg and DD boobies. just started the optislim diet and running each day, will see how i go. anyone around doncaster interested in a gym buddy?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #485
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Hi everyone, 6'2, 145 kg...****ed off! Always trying to lose weight, in the last 5 years I have gone from 150kg(my heaviest) to 125...I am happy at 128/130.
Tony Ferguson shakes have helped but, I got fed up 6 months ago..guess I better start again. I was always a big fella....14lbs at birth....at 14 I was 115 kg(mainly muscle then) and 6'2. Just thought I would post my depressing weight saga.
Old 27-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #486
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

yo, so the last 8 months (i think), well if i have to think it's probably too long to remember! but we'll just say for the last 8 months i've been losing the weight, then half way through I was struggling putting it off and putting it back on etc etc.

last 3 months has been great, not the best diet, but mine consists of 1 to 2 foot long subways a day. (chicken teriyaki however the hell you spell it haha.). Just from this _I KNOW_ im under eating, and i'll deal with the consequences if I come across them, like fatty food cravings lol.

and (powerade powder) ($8 bucks at coles), I did get the stamina powder, but now trying something different. I don't really know much about creatine, but i guess i'll have to read up on it and see if its appropriate for what my goal is for now.

Sometimes I will need a bit of a 'kick' start or a buzz if you like, so i'd buy a 4 pack of redbull which will be taken over a 24 hr period, which has been great

I do 200 reps(?) of 8kg? "dumbells" on each arm if thats what you want to call it, as you see i just do it at home, so no expert lol. i do that each morning 7 days a week (with exception when i'm up north i can't, which is not too much.) just interested in getting the rest of the fat from my upper body, any extra muscle is a bonus lol.

I do 100 sit ups with a brick on my chest

and do 2 to 3 hours of bike riding a day.(i've only started the last week seeing as i just got a new bike.) have not rode for last 3 months when my bike got stolen when I loaned it to a mate. so i lost interest in riding. until now. did a bit of running/walking when i had no bike

My goal is to tone down and lose the weight, and later work on bulking up.

when I started I was 115kg, I have no weighed my self since I started, but i'm just guessing I am 85, have a little fat on my gut, which the last 2 weeks has been notably decreasing(AWESOME :P) and my chest is becoming more muscle with a bit of fat which most be gone before I know it.

sorry for the long post, but i've tried to describe my entire goal and plan, and this is exactly what I do each day when I can.

if anyone remembers what i looked before I started, here is me currently

Last edited by kyro_02; 27-11-2007 at 06:01 PM.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #487
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I've been at the gym 6 weeks now, and got measured again the other day.
I lost 1.5cm off each arm, 2.5 cm off my waist, 1.5cm off my chest and 1cm off each thigh.
Still the same overall weight though, which is ok, because I know that it's the muscle I've built which is keeping the scales from going down.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2007, 05:14 PM   #488
BFYOOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
I am currently 17, about 5'8 and i weigh 63kgs. I really wanted to get into footy so i started weight training about two years ago and set myself a goal of 75-80kgs. In that time my strength has increased greatly. Currently benching 86kgs +bar, not bad for a bloke of my weight/size. I have toned up and i feel good which is great however i have olny put on 4kgs in all this time. I was upto 66kgs but then i also started road cycling and have since dropped back down to 63kgs. As i would still love to get back into footy next year i was wondering if anyone has any tips to help me gain some weight as i will be playing senoirs and dont fancy being tossed around like a rag doll. Cheers.
mate trick is to eat more meals more regularly. instead of maybe having a massive breaky lunch and dinner, need to maybe eat 6 or 8 decent meals a day. heaps of chicken, fish, pasta, lean meats etc. snack on nuts too. also gonna be tough being only 17 too, fast metablism etc. or you could just try my "honeymoon diet". bacon and eggs for breaky every day, steak or chicken snitz for the other two meals. put on 6 kegs in two weeks, and im pretty lean as it is. just leave out the "other" requirement of a honeymoon!!!
BFYOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #489
Casablanca
carburettor

hey guys im 6' 7" and weigh in at prolly 145 want to make it to 100kgs and ill be happy, used to be junior qld bodybuilding champ and was pure muscle now im just flab how much does that suck im gunna try the new gear that stops you absorbing fat ill see how it gos
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #490
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Guys, if anyone wants to shed a load of weight, try the Tony Ferguson program. My old man lost over 50kgs doing it. The premise is putting the body into mild kytosis so the body chews up body-stored fat. You have a shake for brekkie, shake + salad for lunch and meat + vegies or salad for dinner, fruit for snakes. No bread, no starchies vegies, nothing basically carbs other than what you get from the shakes. Exercise helps it work faster.

I'm trying to lost the beer gut, no really worried about weight so much as just the gut - seems to be the only place my body stores fat. Too many pints over Xmas and I made it a little bigger. Just jogging, some weights in the shed and eating better, should do the trick.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #491
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
Yea mate thanks, I'm pretty sure that I have a quick motabolism aswell. Diet wise i have two bowls of cereal everymorning, quite often lunch consists of fatty food (takeaway). And for dinner whatever mums cookin up. Usually 2 BBQ meals, 2 chicken meals, 2 fish meals and sumthing else (takeaway again possibly) a week.

Training wise I go to the gym 4 times a week for about an hour 10 at a time. I do chest, back, shoulders and legs all on separate days with a bit of abs and arms at the end of each session. I also ride 4 times a week. My cycling lap takes 2 hours to complete.

Hope this helps, thanks mate.
I have a quick metabolism too, I eat heaps and find it pretty difficult to put on weight, I go to gym once a week, and play cricket.
I'm 182cm's tall, and weight 66kg. My bmi is alright at about 20 i think, but I still want to put on weight.
Anyone here been on body fat scales before? Aparently for my age group (I'm 15) the normal range is 12-22%, and I'm only 6%
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #492
LilMissDrift

OK Im thinking i may need a lil motivation.. i mean im 19 - but only just!
Im getting married in 15 months, however.. i wanna lose a lot of weight... i mean i had a heart attack at 18, literally, and i wanna get healthy... Any suggestions!!!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #493
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

At my school the year 12's are doing a "Biggest Losser" type program this year, so my goal is to go from 126.7kg's to around 80kg's. So it should be a great time.

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #494
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
Im getting married in 15 months, however.. i wanna lose a lot of weight... i mean i had a heart attack at 18, literally, and i wanna get healthy... Any suggestions!!!
Duramine - Weight loss + motivation
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #495
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
Guys, if anyone wants to shed a load of weight, try the Tony Ferguson program. My old man lost over 50kgs doing it. The premise is putting the body into mild kytosis so the body chews up body-stored fat. You have a shake for brekkie, shake + salad for lunch and meat + vegies or salad for dinner, fruit for snakes. No bread, no starchies vegies, nothing basically carbs other than what you get from the shakes. Exercise helps it work faster.

I'm trying to lost the beer gut, no really worried about weight so much as just the gut - seems to be the only place my body stores fat. Too many pints over Xmas and I made it a little bigger. Just jogging, some weights in the shed and eating better, should do the trick.
Fad diets like these shakes work, loose heaps quick. But it isn't a long term fix, most people that loose weight on these plans, start putting it back on as soon as they go off them.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #496
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
Exercise and eat well, sorry I believe the only way to get healthy is to do it the hard way, that is why we as a society are fat and obbese, because we are lazy, I don't believe in all these fad diet's that promise everything, eat well everyday and I mean everyday and exercise, it is the only way, the hard way,
and am I the only one on here that want's to put on weight, lol, I am 95kg, I am trying to reach the ton, but with muscle, everything is working for me so far, I train hard and yes it get's you down but you have to get passed this, mentally and stay focused, in the end it is worth it. I eat a balenced diet everyday, a lot off protien, good carb's not crap carb's, and a ballenced amount off fat, it is esential, I havn't had a choclate bar for god know's how long, it is hard not to but you do it, but the saying goes you are what you eat.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #497
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Kangaroo meat, you should try this, it is magnificant, if you can get passed the sense off it it has a very high protien content and extreamly low fat content, mmmmmmm, I love it, lot's off egg's don't frow out the yolk as this is where all the nutrient's are, yeah sure there is fat there but not a great deal and it is good for you in moderation, just like real milk,mmmmmmmmm. I love my diary.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #498
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Second attempt.... Spiked after Xmas at 143kg.
Started Betty Baxter a week and a half ago.
Start weight was 142.9kg. BMI was off the chart.
Blood pressure was spot on.

In the last week, I dropped a whole BMI point, and also dropped 2.9kg. Bringing me back down to 140kg.

I've tried similar programs in the past (Herbalife), but this is the best by far.

Have to travel up to Ayr to buy it, as no chemists in Bowen stock it. Weigh in fortnightly.

I'm walking half an hour every afternoon, and jump on the exercise bike 15-20 minutes every morning.

Cheers

Darran

Last edited by Dazza TT; 11-02-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Dazza TT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #499
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have been bad myself ... Xmas was a killer for me ... and I have backed off on the exercise.

I have now reached 94kg ... the most I have ever been. I just need to back off on the portion sizes a bit ... and I need to exercise more (that's the main problem really).

I have another Cholesterol check coming up again ... September it was up around 10 again ... after a change in medication it was back to 6.5 in January.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #500
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Portion size is the first thing you need to tackle. I've cut my dinner by 2/3's!
I'm a big steak fan, what can I say!

Dropped another 2kg last week.

Cheers

Darran
Old 22-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #501
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Ok, time to put this on public record so I can help motivate myself. Im not a tall guy (174cm), and in year 12 was fairly thin. Not skinny, a little bit of a gut but nothing too bad. Uni started, and I started eating badly. I put on a bit but mucking around with a footy between classes helped keep it under control. I started work last year, and the sedentry lifestyle had a major effect on me, especially since november when we moved into town and I was getting takeaway every day. I'm now 82-83kg. Clothes that used to be really loose are now a bit tight. A belt my fiancee bought me intially was way too big, now I use the original notches it came with.

I've cut out junk food (which is hard, because my fiancee loves the stuff and has a fast metabolism/active job so she stays skinny), eat grapes as snacks at work, drink lots of water, cut down on the grog, smaller portion sizes, and have started walking at least half hour a day.

My shoulder are fairly broad for my size, so once I start losing weight I want to tone up and look a lot better. I'm getting married in March next year, and I want to look good so now I have major motivation.

Now, time to buy a set of scales....

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #502
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Was away at a conference last week. Didn't stick to the diet too well, and still lost 900gm. Gotta be happy with that!!!

Cheers

Darran
Old 14-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #503
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My trainer says I'm old enough to start on protein supliments now, so it will be interesting how much weight/muscle that helps me put on
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #504
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

I got back on "Tony Ferguson" meal replacement shakes recently.
I have lost 12 kilos in 4 weeks. I want to lose 10 more.....I will keep you informed.
Old 18-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #505
Imagine_
Master Tech

Hey all,

Haven't finished reading all the thread yet.... 21 pages of it...lol

Anyways, End of november last year i weighed about 100kgs since then im down to around 88 kgs... i lost about 7kgs by christmas and then since then only last another 5-6kgs which has been a struggle i believe...

I have a fairly entensive exercise program i believe.... currently play basketball twice a week, squash once a week, the other 2-3 days im running from ave of 8.5km upto 14km.. i normally have monday off to relax....

over a night i normally do about 40-50 pushups and 50 situps and 10 reverse situp and spike...

my diet is pretty good throughout the day, at night i tend to have a lil snack on some chocolate or biscuit, other than that i mainly eat, salads, fruit, yogurt, and or ave dinner meal (mainly chicken), im now i believe not loosing any wieght whatsoever, ive notive my legs are becoming more toned and less fatty but im struggling to loose the rest of my gut and abit left on my chest...

Is there anyone here who can recommend something for me??

I am considering getting up mon-fri mornings and going for a 30-45 min walk before breakky. Im not doing any weights as i spent 1yr orso in the gym a few yrs back... i lost 3-4kgs and but way too much on in muscle.... im pretty big stature, shoulders down to my thighs, so ill doubt ill ever be a slender person, but like to get rid of the gut best as possible.

im about 174cms, last weighed in at 88kgs and 25yrs old.... looking to drop 6-8kgs by May if i can.... any suggestions?
Imagine_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #506
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i just last week bought a 360pound(163kg) weight set, so i have been hitting it the past week , my current weight is 85kg, don't want to get any lighter, but want to lose a little more weight and build muscle(or build muscle, then 'cut'.) but have no special diet, but no junk food.

I think it has been a year and a half since I started dieting, but during that period i have had a lot of up and downs in terms of binge eating... so yeah, anyways, i dont think anyone has seen what i use to look like, but picture a 120kg body, now picture a 85kg body.. :P

for the last year i have been doing situps (off and on) but lately been doing it full on, i can feel my abs, but excess fat has to come off my stomach before they show.. :( atleast i'll be ready for 'next' summer haha. also a bit of cardio too at the time, up to 8-10km half walk half jog, nothing drastic. but i am doing squats now that I have the weight machine :P

me currently:

and what I just bought:
Old 30-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #507
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Spend less time loosing weight and start cleaning the house..... look at the condition of that mirror

Some black tape over the nipples next time please....!!!!!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #508
ELtim
Six One Eight

I'm in for weight gain.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #509
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

the mirror is probably cleaner then the house, :P

you know you love my nipples ;)

edit: my squat bar ... the welds just broke off lol, time to get the mig out, but I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 22-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #510
full house

Hi! I need to gain wait! I heard Appeton in television, is it good? how much would that cost?

: : :
full house is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post