Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
64ORD
1964 Thunderbird

Unhappy Damaged Focus

This what a piece of gibrock off some lazy a$$ SOB builder's ute did to the front of our once mint Focus Zetec. $750 damage and no rego number to give to Insurance Company.

64ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
AnthonyTDCi
Focus TDCi

man that sucks! so sorry to hear about that.
AnthonyTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That hurts!!
marg99 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

You should be glad that the bumper on the Zetec is two piece, from memory the bottom lip is $500 from Ford, then you'll need to paint it.

GMS Spares in Reversby have a LS Zetec, give them a call.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
pizzdorf
Starter Motor

Default Similar situation

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm hearing ya. B-Double truck, Majura RD, ACT. Boundced along like an AFL ball. If it had bounced up, I swear it was the windscreen. Tradies in utes are the bane of my existence. So important they are.

Have to be somewhere now. Yes, this was a truckie, however, tradies, i swear, have a chip on their shoulder. Have to me somewhere yesterday. At least the number plate wasn't damaged:P I hope your insurance company was as helpful and as painless as mine (CUNA Mutual). Tis only cosmetic

You really wish you could do more though, if it was legal. The offender exhibited total disregard to other road users
Old 15-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
64ORD
1964 Thunderbird

Sorry to see the damage to your car mate. Our car has been damaged 3 times now by irresponsible tradies losing off their utes. In one instance someone dropped a pail of epoxy paint on our street and the misses drove through it "I think I drove over something on the road dear" AARRRGGH It took me 3 hours to get it off before it dried. Each time its been damaged she has been driving, maybe she needs to open her eyes a little more as well, she's always in a hurry just like those tradies...

Shannons who I insure with wanted to take away our no claims bonus for 2 yrs and also take the $400 excess so better to avoid another black mark and sort it out myself.

Quote:
You should be glad that the bumper on the Zetec is two piece, from memory the bottom lip is $500 from Ford, then you'll need to paint it.

GMS Spares in Reversby have a LS Zetec, give them a call.
I purchased the Lower lip myself. It was $191 from Ford. The main Bar is $750 ouch! My main bar is damaged underneath where the lower lip clips to the upper. The panel beater that quoted the job said he can repair it by using a few clips to attach the two parts together. This will save me that $750 at least. The main bar has stress cracks in the paint so it will have to be repainted. His paint and labour was $550 + the $200 I already spent for the part.
Old 19-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Mind if I join in?

Front bar group buy? :P
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
BlackLS
yum

I also have front bar damage, my father reversed into the front drivers side above the fog light with a towbar. Had it cheaply repaired and the paint's flaking away now.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #9
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Yikes, people who don't secure their load really me off.

Few years back I was driving along in my Falcon, only had it about 2 weeks or something, see something bouncing down the road - it was a frickin construction hat!! Fortunately my Falcon had come with one of those factory-fitted bullbars - the hat hit that, went under the car and exploded into a million pieces. Didn't do much since the car also had a 1/4" thick steel plate on the underside (some country pack kit).

I don't get why its so hard for these morons to stow their stuff safely - if it had been a motorbike rider on the receiving end of any of these things they'd probably be dead.
Old 20-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
64ORD
1964 Thunderbird

Quote:
Yikes, people who don't secure their load really me off.
Forgot to mention also the truck that lost a box of canned veg on the M1 heading to Gold Coast, the Misses was driving down there that day as well. Fortunately she avoided damage on that occasion but I'm sure others weren't so lucky
Old 20-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #11
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

I've got a spare fog light insert, just need to find it, cant remember what side its for.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #12
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

Its the passenger one for whoever wants it..

Suits any LS model.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #13
focusrally888

any one in perth WA Bumper exchange could probs fit all of them for 80 -100 bucks
focusrally888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post