Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #1
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Default Your favourite holiday spot in Australia ?

What's your favourite place or location for a holiday anywhere in Australia,whether it be camping somewhere or flying off to your favourite destination.
Must say i've always loved to go to Tassie especially taking the car across the Bass Strait in the Spirit of Tasmania,my favourite spot would be Strahan,St.Helen's and Bicheno.
Also liked going to Cairns been there a few times,i give the Gold Coast ( Surfers Paradise) a miss it's a bit of a dive.
One place i'd like to go in the future would be Broome WA
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
XRchic
Hello

Anywhere in Queensland, preferably a tropical island of some kind.

I would also like to go up to the northwest, in the outback - I think that could potentially be my favourite spot one day.

I also love the Great Ocean Road, specifically Lorne.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

depends on what you're expecting as a holiday. for relaxation and fishing i'd be driving into Arnhem Land, N.T. (make sure you book your permit)
for sport it would be Melbourne
most of the east coast is shot now, too many fools and not enough space to house them all.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

On a Beneteau in the whitsunday island group. No one will stop me from doing that over and over again.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
XRchic
Hello

Is there anywhere in this country that is Simpsons-free? That would be among my favourites!

Old 21-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #6
paul7v7
bring it on

i like qld for the weather and the beaches, tassie for the winding roads and torquay for the beaches.
Old 21-06-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to South West Rocks(NSW) back in October ..... am doing it again this October ...... Love the place for a holiday ...... would never live that close to the ocean for more than 1 week :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
Dodge
i like to be stroked

it was nelson bay 15 yrs ago but thats gone to mad there now. So i vote north stradbroke island.
Old 21-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Is there anywhere in this country that is Simpsons-free? That would be among my favourites!
If you find it Jac, let me know!!!
Though I think my man is addicted, so I may end up actually having to watch it :

My favourite place is Narrawallee on the NSW South Coast.
About 8ks east of Milton.
I went on hols there as a kid to my uncle's house until he got himself a new girlfriend who didn't like kids.
She never liked me, and still hates his kids even though they are all adults with children of their own. :
I think it has something to do with her being a stuck up little *****, and/or greed. Though she's been with him long enough now to get half his money anyway. Made him move 3 times to get things into her name too. Grr, can't stand her. :

But um, yes, I intend to get a place there eventually. Ideally I'd like to buy my uncle's old place, but it doesn't matter really.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:08 PM   #10
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try the Wide Bay/Burnett area,it covers Bundy down to Tin Can Bay and as west far as Kingaroy so far quiet and only ppl in the know come our way.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #11
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

Simpsons are great, been watching for 12 years.
But no TV on the boat.
TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #12
347Stroker
Banned

There is only one answer to this question

Bathurst in October...
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:30 PM   #13
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
If you find it Jac, let me know!!!
Though I think my man is addicted, so I may end up actually having to watch it :

My favourite place is Narrawallee on the NSW South Coast.
About 8ks east of Milton.
I went on hols there as a kid to my uncle's house until he got himself a new girlfriend who didn't like kids.
She never liked me, and still hates his kids even though they are all adults with children of their own. :
I think it has something to do with her being a stuck up little *****, and/or greed. Though she's been with him long enough now to get half his money anyway. Made him move 3 times to get things into her name too. Grr, can't stand her. :

But um, yes, I intend to get a place there eventually. Ideally I'd like to buy my uncle's old place, but it doesn't matter really.
Hahaha Gerardine! Eamon is addicted to it as well, so I DO have to watch it! And the double episode every Tuesday night! My kids watch it but at least they have their own area away from ME!

Back on topic... LOL... another one of my favourite places is in my own state, here in SA - the region of the Barossa Valley and the Riverland - really nice weather, pretty scenery, and one of the view places in country SA that is not all desert-like.

Seems the tropical island thing is a popular one though! Combination of sand, palm trees, warm weather, blue sky, salt water and alcohol is a good one! Only thing lacking there is Fords!

Can I count Heathcote as one of my favourite "holiday" destinations??? Hehe.

Old 21-06-2005, 10:43 PM   #14
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

My g'f and I love it down at Lorne, we allway's stay at the Lorne Cumberland river caravan Park, about 8km's the otherside of Lorne itself, or up in the Highland's( snowy river country).
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #15
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

up around airlie beach... backpacker heaven, once was on a yacht with a german girlfriend, and oh... 13 Canadian female vollyeballers, the captain and his mate....

nice views... lol

:Up_to_som
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 11:03 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

One place i would love to go is El Questro. I love this place.

www.elquestro.com.au
Old 21-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #17
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tassie would be my favourite too... Some very nice roads and scenery over there...
Old 21-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #18
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

I love Tathra on the NSW South Coast. The classic sea change place which has changed bugger all from when I was a kid. The great thing about this place is that it can't be built out due to natural boundaries and a well placed national park.

That whole South Coast region is brilliant. Would love to live there but probably never will.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2005, 12:07 AM   #19
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Anywhere from Eden to Bega on the coast in NSW, I think that was one of the best holidays I ever had. Fishing, bushwalking (not that I did any of that. :P), the beach and country mixed into one. Absolutely beautiful place, and great night life too.
Old 22-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #20
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

for those who hate the simpsons, welcome to NW victoria, if you come up to mildura and stay in a motel without pay TV. you cant pick up ten at all.

NO SIMPSONS

and if you go to watch any other channels you will find they are all a week behind.
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post