Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry MY08 paint

Any one had an issue with bird droppings eating into the paint? I have a nasty hole in the paint after a bird got the roof while the car was parked for a few days.
I heard other makes (Hyundai) use the enviro friendly paint and its very very sensitive to bird droppings: like you need to immediately remove it.

marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Blackfocus
Starter Motor

We have had problems with our paint, but it's the clear coat that is bad on ours. My car just happens to be in the panel shop this week getting a total respray of the bonnet and a new front bumper (It's cheaper for Ford to get a new bumper and spray it rather than strip it and respray it which is something I suppose). The bird dropping issue is not so bad on ours, we just need to re polish the area, but it's not eating through as badly as yours.

05 SX GHIA Territory
08 Dual Cab XL Ranger
RIP 08 LT CL Focus
:
Blackfocus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I think thats quite common for a few makes of cars. I've got a white car and the droppings tend to leave stains even if I remove it quickly. What I've found is that if you put a stack of wax on it (3 or more coats) it makes it easier to remove and it doesn't eat/stain as much.

Still, the key is to remove it as soon as you notice it. Use a bottle of water and tissue if you have to.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
Mullett
Badly Focused

Yup, bird droppings are the devil for paint, must be washed off straight away. A solid coat of *good* wax should reduce the effects. One model of falcon (the first BA maybe?) had horrific problems with the paint and bird droppings, I think they had to change the paint to fix it.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #5
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

yeh, i'm in a similar situation to all these guys, i thought ahead when i got mine and waxed it 4 times in the first 2 weeks of owing my baby.
especially with black, how EVERYTHING! shows on the paint.

parking under trees is a big no-no if you like your car looking respectable.
Old 26-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I had an issue with brid droppings eating into the pain on my bonnet and it took the clear coat off. Now that spot is hidden under the stripes so not an issue anymore... lol
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

i got bat problems when they eat mangoes, and my car has now gone past the clear coat to the metal from an over night bat shi7. spose it could happen to any car.
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post