Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #31
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Good to hear that you have it sorted for the moment mate. Good luck swapping for an XR5. My XR5 still isn’t even built yet, and it seems it will about 7 weeks in transit (not 3 weeks like the dealer suggested) when it finally gets built. Needless to say I’m gutted, but I figure I’ve waited 6 months already, so another couple won’t kill me.

Enjoy the game tonight mate, it’s gonna be huge!
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #32
karl74

Arrow

Well the replacement of the fuel pump and sender guage has not fixed my problem. Last Friday my car started but idoled like a truck. I got a warning on the dash saying "Engine System Fault". Well now is the time Ford Aus stepped in and replaced my car. I have sent them an email and i am waiting their reply. Let you know how i go.
karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #33
FRA
Mr Focus

It fix the problem alright for ya.
I hope your getting a replacement car.
How old is your Foucs with km?
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 08:57 PM   #34
73MTU

mate! thats incredible that they actually did something about it. i just kept getting the big run around. I've jsut given up on them now. i have accepted that fords are **** and i'll never buy one again. keep us posted.
73MTU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #35
FRA
Mr Focus

We have 2 lemon Ford Focus
My 2003 sedan horn doesn't work and the dash goes off from time to time and I got told to take it else where to get fix.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Old 04-07-2006, 04:28 PM   #36
karl74

I got my Focus LS Zetec in December and have done 13000km. Rang my dealer today and they said they could not find anything wrong. Waiting to hear back from Ford Australia either today or tomorrow. Will keep you posted.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #37
FRA
Mr Focus

1 Your Ford dealer doesn't want to do it.
Or
2 There little black box can't find the problem.
Can the car still drive or is it dead?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #38
Beancounter
Starter Motor

Karl74
I read your post with interest as I too have been having the exact same issues like you. I am at the point where Ford NZ has my car as my dealer has thrown their hands in the air and said "cant do anymore" oh and calling me "picky".
My Dec 05 Zetec has had the hard starting issue on flat ground (and sounding like a cold old diesel) with a full tank of fuel (only ever used Mobil 98Ron) along with a number of other issues.

As I understand it, my fuel pump is also being changed, so it will be interesting to see if the issue gets resolved. Although after reading your posts I am now not so sure.
I wonder if this issue is restricted to South African built cars, as I have trawled the FFOC.co.uk site and it does not really seem to appear as an issue and the majority of theirs are German / Euro built.

Cheers
Beancounter
Beancounter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #39
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter
I wonder if this issue is restricted to South African built cars, as I have trawled the FFOC.co.uk site and it does not really seem to appear as an issue and the majority of theirs are German / Euro built.
That would not surprise me. I get the impression that the Focus's of the past were in general always very reliable little cars particularly in the UK. I would swap my SA build LS Zetec for a European one (XR5T) in a heart beat. I would go as far as saying the only Focus worth having now IMO is the XR5T in Australia anyway.

We have spent alot of time and frustration getting our Zetec to a point were we are happy with it. It's a beautiful little relaibale car...now!

Last edited by WASP; 05-07-2006 at 12:42 PM.
WASP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #40
karl74

I'm thinking of sending Ford a link to this forum so that they can have look for themselves at what is going on
Old 05-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #41
blacksapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
I'm thinking of sending Ford a link to this forum so that they can have look for themselves at what is going on
Good idea. I once had a problem with my Apple notebook and the dealer refused to fix saying it was not covered under warranty (it was clearly a manufacturing fault). Anyway after speaking to the head honcho of customer relations and not getting anywhere, I trawled through some forums and found a list where people had the same issues. I sent him the link and he told me they'll fix it accordingly.

Sometimes their eyes need to be opened...forcefully.

I know there's big difference between a Focus and a Powerbook, but the principles remain the same. Hope it works for you .
Old 06-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #42
karl74

I got another call today from Ford customer service today. They have been in touch with my dealer and because my dealer can't replicate the problem then they can't help me. They have suggested that i keep a log book to detail the issue when and how it occurs. I asked how writing in down would affect anything as i have told my dealer everything i can. I also asked what would happen if they could replicate the problem but still could not fix the problem......there's probably not much they could do i was told at first and then that he didin't want to go in to What Ifs. Sorry guys but i may be forced to become a Holden man just because of the way Ford having treated my issue. Not giving up though.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #43
FRA
Mr Focus

What a load of bull**** mate.
Thats just unreal
So you can't get your money back or a trade in?
Don't go over to the red army man, it'lll work itself out.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #44
karl74

I forgot to mention. The last time i took my car in it had come up with an error code : System Engine Fault. The response i got back was that they had found an error that was reported by the computer but that the error code only related to Automatics. Time to take it to a new dealership.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #45
theBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
I asked how writing in down would affect anything as i have told my dealer everything i can.
Sorry, but if they cant replicate the problem it means they cant fix the problem irrespective of anything you tell the dealer. "if it aint broke you cant fix it" is not a cliche, and it applies to everything. Put yourself in the dealers position you must realise that you would be treating this the exact same way.

Keeping a log is a very good idea and it WILL help you in this situation, and is probably the only thing you can do now. Make sure you sign and date every entry in the log book, and dont leave any gaps. I'd suggest you record odometer readings as well.

If anything it represents a lawful and verifiable record of the issue, and if it comes to taking consumer action, this log will generally be accepted as a true and correct record. Ford will also realise this if your log is comprehensive, and this may well force their hand.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #46
Uni

entirely agree with Blake here..

while it is unacceptable that a new car have all these problems, it is unrealistic to expect the dealership to fix a problem they cannot replicate...

the only other thing i can think of is to take with you a tape recorder or video camera and video if and when it happens

good luck with it mate i wouldnt wish it on anyone

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #47
WASP
Whipple Induced

Time to ask your dealer for a great deal on a XR5T. These SA built Focus's are pretty average :(
Old 10-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #48
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni
while it is unacceptable that a new car have all these problems, it is unrealistic to expect the dealership to fix a problem they cannot replicate...
There's also the other side of the coin- are they really interested in trying to replicate the fault??????

Sounds like they aren't and would prefer the problem (or owner) disappeared.

I had similar problems with a new Peugeot which was returned with "could not replicate fault", so I walked straight into the dealer principal's office and told him he was coming for a drive with me. One trip around the block and he agreed there was a problem. Half an hour later the non existant problem was fixed after they swapped my ECU with their demo vehicle.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:06 PM   #49
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
Sounds like they aren't and would prefer the problem (or owner) disappeared.
I know that feeling all to well.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #50
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
These SA built Focus's are pretty average :(
Abit under par I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Time to ask your dealer for a great deal on a XR5T.
I would wait 12 months and see how good the XR5T well be, I'm not talking about performance.
Just to see if it'll break down.