Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 4000KM 1 Roo and lots of fun

We have had the little Fiesta for a month or so now and had planned a huge holiday up north Queensland. My parents are playing grey nomads at the moment so we went to surprise them.

As we only had a week off from work we decided to head straight out on the Friday night after work.

We had fixed spot lights on her before the trip as I use this little beast as my daily & battle roos & emus almost nightly.

A full tank of fuel and off we went

At about 3am we hit a roo :( Must say this was the worst possible thing I thought would have happened. I really didnt think the little car would hold up against a good sized roo ....... I was a little pensive about the air bags going off. (Naive me has never had a car with them before). We stopped and checked out the front end & found that all that could be seen was the lower grille had been dislodged....... Pretty amazed we kept going until we got to Miles and stopped for fuel.

I checked the front end carefully in the light & was stunned that apart from a couple of lugs that hold the grille on the only other apparent damage was the tow point cover had popped out, clicked it back in & she was jake and the passenger side blinker on the side panel had also popped out. Pushed that back in place & she looked like new again

Off we went again heading to Proserpine.

These little cars are awesome, so much so that was the only thing to report in a negative way.

Along the trip we were able to get the fuel economy to 705KM per tank ...... I am NOT complaining about that for an 06 manual vehicle

The handling in twisty bits was crazy!!!!!! I read somewhere that they are referred to as Go-Karts ..... best description ever

I would thoroughly recommend this car to anyone. I am greatly surprised by her, I have always been a 'big' car girl ........ well I was mistaken :P

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree. I've always had large cars, but after test driving the XR4 couldn't sign for one fast enough. The Fiestas are an excellent, fun little car.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The only thing I wish for was that if the WS had about 20Kw more
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad that you had a good trip mother nature. Lucky that roo didnt bust the Fez up!!!

Damo I thought you were getting a supra or a ute or something months ago?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL We did get a ute too.....a Courier for hubby ;) Have had a bit of an upgrade time with vehicles here...... Well the Sprint is still here & always will be.
Have sold my little Laser & now need to sell the XH ute & we will be set ;)

I normally hate talking up a vehicle because we all know what happens when we do .... but after all those KM's in one week I think Im safe
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Glad that you had a good trip mother nature. Lucky that roo didnt bust the Fez up!!!

Damo I thought you were getting a supra or a ute or something months ago?
Yep, finalising the sale on my Fiesta soon
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post