Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
wayne2208
Starter Motor

Default Two problems for my new Focus LT....

Hi guys,

I just got a brand new Ford Focus LT with safety pack Auto(blaclk) a couple of weeks ago. The prcie is $23500 drive away. I am not sure if the price is ok or too expensive because its my first time to buy a Ford vehicle.

I have driven it to work for 2 weeks. Its really a nice car except two problems which I am not sure is normal or not.

1. Everything is fine if the speed is under 90 km/hr. But when I drive in the freeway and the speed reach 100 km/hr, the steering wheel will tremble(vibrate) slightly. I am not sure if its normal for Ford Focus but it never happens in my another car Toyota Echo. Have you ever had this situation in
your Focus?

2. Everytime when I slow down the car from higher speed(60-70 km/hr) before the red traffic light, the car will shake (vibrate) once when the speed is below 10 km/hr ( when the car almost stop). The vibrated feeling is just like you change a gear, not very smooth. Again, it didn't happen when I drive another car Toyota Echo.

I am not sure these two issues are problems or normal, so just post here to see if you guys have the same problem before driving it back to Ford for inspection. :togo:

wayne2208 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
wayne2208
Starter Motor

sorry..forget to tell you its CL model....
Old 15-09-2007, 01:23 AM   #3
sammc
Starter Motor

have the wheels been balanced?
sammc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 01:36 AM   #4
wayne2208
Starter Motor

Its a brand new car and just 300 km now. Is it necessary to balance the wheel?
Old 15-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Back to the dealer I'd say. Sounds like a balancing problem, and yes, brand new cars aren't always balanced correctly.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Everything sounds normal apart from possibly just needing a wheel balance and/or alignment. It may have bumped something lightly in transit and knocked alignment out, but the Dealer should look at it and fix it all free of charge for you without any problems.
Old 15-09-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Wink

the vibrating whilst slowing down could be,abs sensor broken,brakes clamping un evenly,eg,one more than the other.Or as others said could be the wheels,but then again could be poorley tightened suspension linkage,sterring u joint etc.
Many possibilities,but they should find it for you i hope.Sorry to here your having problems,ford make good cars,but the odd ones have problems.But rest assured once these problems are corrected you will have a great car.
Old 16-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My 06 LS Zetec did the exact same thing at the same speeds....

Because of a previous motorsport relationship I took it in to my old tire guy rather than the dealer and it turned out to be the tires not sitting in the rims correctly. They all needed to come off the rims and reseated.

I doubt a dealer would bother looking hard enuf for this problem and would have just checked balance which would have tested ok but would not get rid of the vibration.

It cost me $22

Maybe its the same problem???
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
wayne2208
Starter Motor

Thanks for all your reply...

I would drive it back to the dealer to inspect...

Once the problems are solved, I will post how they solve it here..