Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Grimezy888
Starter Motor

Default Better way to remove the 6000 CD Head Unit?

So basically I don't want to spend $5 on basically 2 pieces of wire to take it out.

Is their a better way to take it out, I heard Allen Keys work but haven't tried it.

Also is their anything else I'll need when doing my replacement? I've got my replacement Kenwood unit and the Fascia plate.

Anything else?

Grimezy888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

easy man.. get a wire coat hanger, cut into 2 sections, bend it to match the holes, insert them in all the way, then push outwards (sideways) towards the outsides of the car and pull....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
nickOH

Where did you get the fascia plate from mate?
Old 17-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Grimezy888
Starter Motor

Found it on Ebay, before I saw them at JB when I got the Kenwood.
Grimezy888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

i tried the coat hangers and found they were a bit flimsy and bent when i tried to push them outwards.

Got it eventually but to get the left hand side loose i had to drop the glovebox down, lay across the passenger seat and jam my hand up into the dash and push the lug on the side of the headunit in "manually".

I did that when i was fooling around with the lights but the new stereo wasn't due for a few weeks after so i took the locking tabs off and just sat it back in there so i didn't have to go through that ordeal again.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post